No More Non-B Multiple Visas From Kuala Lumpur

Peculiar stance.......Making things more difficult when other countries are encouraging investment.

For me, I shall not renew my work permit and visa. I will close my company very soon, close my free staff training programs, remove the cheap staff accommodation facility, and set up a new medical centre in another more falang friendly country.

This has nothing to do with investment.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rolleyes.gif Calm down guys, some of you are getting carried away.

The OP simply said that Kuala Lumpur was not going to issue multi-entry Non B visas from now on.

He said nothing about this policy being adopted in Laos or Cambodia ... or any other nearby country for that matter.

KL however WILL issue a 90 day Non B visa.

You can easily extend that in Thailand IF YOU HAVE the proper documents and/or a Work Permit.

If you REALLY need to travel outside Thailand while often are on that one year extension on your Non B visa, you can purchase a multi-entry Exit re-entry permit which is good for the term of your extension for 3800 baht and will allow you an unlimited number of entry and exits.

The questions you should be asking are:

1. Exactly WHY do I need a multi entry Non B visa? Is it just for convenience or is there a valid business reason. (Non B visas are for Business purposes, that's why they have the B in the visa name).

2. And do I really do need a multi entry visa or would a 3800 Baht one year exit re-entry visa really be more cost effective?

If you can't honestly answer those questions, then why should the Thai immigration give you a multi entry visa?

whistling.gif

You mis the point that many people have a legitimate job and work permit, but do not qualify for an extension of stay. Either because the company they work for doesn't qualify or because their income is below the required level. These people need a multiple non-B visa to stay legaly in Thailand.

They can still get single non-B's, but that will cost them more time and money.

• Like 1

what will that change ? when I renew my non imm B multiple I do it in Bangkok ....

I think, you extend you stay, not renew your visa!

Lot's of people are staying with having wp but have to do border runs.

You know other countries, where people have legal work options, but need to leave every 90 days? i don't

The usage of multiple non im visa for having a work permit is not the reason, non im B visa got invented for.

Getting one needs a 90 day non imm visa only.

It's only b/c the immigration is looking for other requirements, to issue a extension of stay, than the labor office, for issuing a work permit.

I'll offer up this bit if it has not been proposed already. The reason no more Non-B multiple entry Visa's in KL could be simply a measure to curb corruption. We've all seen the news bits about Malaysians not standing for corruption and while individually that may be so but it is naive to think it does not exist there too. I recently went to work in Phuket and was promised a Non-B from a new club opening up there. The long and the short of that experience is it didn't work out because I was not able to condense 3 months of work into 3 weeks, in a part of Thailand I was unfamiliar with. Whatever, but I had a visa mishap while trying to get my Non-B. My paperwork went missing after I arrived in KL. I called my hotel in Phuket, and it was there. I searched flight, I sought options, but there were none. I came back to Phuket from KL disgraced, but moved on and made plans for another trip at my expense this time round. I spoke with the manager of the hotel I was staying at, a friendly Thai lady, and I said I will go to Penang if it is cheaper then KL.

She explained to me that Penang was not an option because my paperwork was incomplete. I was missing a document from the Thai ministry of labor. She informed me that Penang Immigration is more strict because that's where lots of people go for Non-B's Because it is cheaper. Thus you get a lot of kickbacks and payoffs there from all sorts, Cambodian, Malays, Russians, Burmese, you name it. So the government cracked down on Penang Immigration, as with any government it looks like they figured out foreigners of means i.e. Russian mobsters, rich Phuket elitists and what not have the means of sending workers to KL at a marginally higher cost, but with less hassle and oversight. In other words KL immigration is not as thorough on the paperwork and needless to say a multiple entry stamp allows for all sorts of nefarious cross border stuff to go on. I could be wrong, but I don't think they "Thai's are all xenophobes and want us out" crowd is 100% correct either.

You know its not been mentioned on this post but in singapore they only give a single 90 day non immigrant B visa, i should know as I went there in january 2012 to get a non immigrant b and was told from the thai embassy they stop issuing 1 year multiple entry Non Immigrant B visas.

As far as I understand you cannot just come to thailand and get a non immigrant b visa the first time must be gotten from overseas first but then after that though along with the correct documents and work permit you can easily renew ever year. I should know as this has been my case for the last 5 years and I've had no problems on this. All I need to do is report to thai immigration every 3 months, they stamp a little piece of paper saying come back in 3 months again to check in and thats it.

I wouldn't be suprised if later on more places around thailand or near thailand all issue only 90 non immigrant b visa. I can only assume from all the comments that many people on here don't qualify or meet requirements for this type of visa or are here illegally. Many of the people I know are in my situation where have had no problems with this

I question the title of this thread;

KUALA LUMPUR (Thaivisa.com): -- The Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, announces and today confirms to thaivisa.com that the Embassy is no longer issuing Non-Immigrant Category "B" visas with Multiple entries.

They announced to Thaivisa.com ??? Why not a government agency???

from the phuket gazette minutes ago;

PHUKET: The Department of Consular Affairs head office in Bangkok, which coordinates policy for issuing visas at all Royal Thai Embassies around the world, has confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that there has been no formal change in policy concerning non-immigrant Business (“B”) visas issued in Malaysia.

“The Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur is still issuing multiple-entry, non-imm B visas as usual. However, they will be more strict on issuing such visas,” Naphaphatch Piromkit at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs headquarters told the Gazette.

“There are several factors for which foreigners’ applications for a multiple-entry non-imm B visa will be rejected. Nationals from a ‘risk group of nations’ will be required to return to their homeland to apply for the visa,” she explained.

However, Ms Naphaphatch declined to identify precisely which countries were among the “risk group of nations”.

“Officers will check visa applications case by case, as per normal. Also, as usual, if the applicant is marked on any official [Thai government] lists as not appropriate for entering the country, the applicant will be denied a visa,” she said.

“Some foreigners keep returning to apply for non-imm B visas, but then do not engage in business or take up employment after they enter Thailand. These people are likely to be denied a non-imm B visa,” Ms Naphaphatch explained.

“Thailand is now opening up to more foreigners, which is causing more problems. We must now be very strict,” she added.

Officials at the Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur declined to answer any questions about the issue, saying that only Somphong Kangthong, Minister Counselor at the embassy, could legitimately respond to formal questions.

However, Mr Somphong was in Bangkok at a meeting, embassy staff told the Gazette.

Meanwhile, any stricter enforcement of the visa application rules seem to have had little to no effect at the Royal Thai Consulate in Penang.

Staff at the Banana Guesthouse on Chulia Street in George Town report no change at all in the rules and no indication that any changes would be forthcoming. The hotel is renowned among Phuket expats for assisting in filing visa applications at the Thai consulate n Penang.

“We filed more than 100 applications for non-imm B visas today [December 17], and the Penang Thai Consulate has not informed us of any changes,” one staffer told the Gazette yesterday.

However, foreigners making visa runs to Penang have informed the Gazette repeatedly over past few months that a “letter from the Phuket Labor Office” must now accompany non-imm B applications.

The Royal Thai Embassy Kuala Lumpur website does list the letter as a visa application requirement.

The embassy also notes: “Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents from visa applicants as deemed necessary.”

http://www.phuketgaz...isas-19741.html

Another case of Expats jumping the gun on things and distorting the facts

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1