Knowing A Posters Nationality

watutsi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....most cases it is quite easy to make an educated guess at the posters origins etc...

Some pointers:

Brits ..................................whinge about everything and are usually discussing their bowel movements and/or accessories

Ozzies ..............................take the piss out of everybody and everything especially the Brits and are really smart and eloquent

Scandinavians ..................real long posts which you can't understand

French................................amazing sense of humour

Germans ...........................even more amazing sense of humour

Italians................................nah forget about them ,their mums have mustaches

Greeks...............................very hard to separate the men from the boys

Israelis................................they will have already told you on their first post......tend not to post on pig farming threads

Africans, and Asians ........ they are all already Brits,Ozzie,Canadian,American or wannabees..so forget about them

Canadians..........................mostly always apologizing and quite boring goody two shoes,PC type people , thought to have come from eating salmon and maple syrup at every meal.

Americans..........................all of the above ?..they still think Hitler was born in Australia ?

Others................................do we really care?

During zee var vee ver Swiss

wai2.gif

• Like 1

i use mate regularly and i am neither australian nor english

When did the topic become about sex?

When is any topic NOT about sex? Isn't that what the general forum is about? And the Chiang Mai forum seems to be about food.

Come to think about it... what else is there other than food and sex?

• Like 1

Canadians..........................mostly always apologizing and quite boring goody two shoes,PC type people , thought to have come from eating salmon and maple syrup at every meal.

Sorry about that laugh.png . We get our aggression out at the hockey games eh!

You're not fooling anyone canuck....you never committed even one foul!! whistling.gif

....most cases it is quite easy to make an educated guess at the posters origins etc...

Some pointers:

Brits ..................................whinge about everything and are usually discussing their bowel movements and/or accessories

Ozzies ..............................take the piss out of everybody and everything especially the Brits and are really smart and eloquent

Scandinavians ..................real long posts which you can't understand

French................................amazing sense of humour

Germans ...........................even more amazing sense of humour

Italians................................nah forget about them ,their mums have mustaches

Greeks...............................very hard to separate the men from the boys

Israelis................................they will have already told you on their first post......tend not to post on pig farming threads

Africans, and Asians ........ they are all already Brits,Ozzie,Canadian,American or wannabees..so forget about them

Americans..........................all of the above ?..they still think Hitler was born in Australia ?

Others................................do we really care?

During zee var vee ver Swiss

wai2.gif

Come to think about it, I believe you got us Canucks pretty close. We really don't have much to complain about.

getting old can't remember, but was there not a series a few years ago called Smash or something, the Indian guy was always saying I am Englishman Shab....... We Englishmen must stick together etc..

So where would the posters-nationality come into it, where they were born ? where there Parents came from ? what Passport they now have ?........ Many people have UK Passport and have never been to UK, so are they from UK ? or Singapore or HK or any other place ? Of course that can be said for French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, German and am sure many others..

Therefore a posters-nationality may be well off where they come from, so really would not help in anyway shape or form. anyway as it is now any poster can fill in details as to where they came/come from.... most appear to say 'Not Telling'

I would like to see voluntary input fields for nationality and location (we used to have the latter). Since we don’t have these fields, I‘ve now put my info into my signature below as a result of this thread.

Some other data points to be displayed with each post:

Number of years living in Thailand (if any)

Sexual orientation

Blood type

Economic Class

Race

Political Affiliation

Boxers or Briefs? coffee1.gif

All part of the "Know Your Poster" program.

Edited by Jingthing

Quite simple really, just assume the person is from the UK and you'll be right 80% of the time. Just go to visas to other countries and count the UK questions and it's about 90%.

Maybe it's just that the poms can't read the hundreds of other topics that answer their question.

Sorry about that laugh.png . We get our aggression out at the hockey games eh!

You're not fooling anyone canuck....you never committed even one foul!! whistling.gif

Once after a game of curling, that included a disputed measurement in the 7th end, I left the ice without shaking hands with the skip of the opposition. And I would do it again!

Quote OP.

"alternatively i am unsure if it is someone struggling gallantly with a second or third language or just a moron.Even in neighbouring countries where english is the first language things can be misinterpreted"

I know exactly what you mean, some people don't even know how to spell English.

In the 70's I used to confuse Americans I worked with when I said 'how ya goin'? (how y'all doin'?), or 'righto mate' (sure, buddy). But they seem to get it these days - the world's getting smaller.

Only a minority of Americans would use y'all (but I've become one of them later in life).

Yees shoodnae end a sentinz wae a prepazishun awe yooz

I wonder if you work for the US Government.

Some other data points to be displayed with each post:

Number of years living in Thailand (if any)

Sexual orientation

Blood type

Economic Class

Race

Political Affiliation

Boxers or Briefs? coffee1.gif

All part of the "Know Your Poster" program.

In the 70's I used to confuse Americans I worked with when I said 'how ya goin'? (how y'all doin'?), or 'righto mate' (sure, buddy). But they seem to get it these days - the world's getting smaller.

Only a minority of Americans would use y'all (but I've become one of them later in life).

Yees shoodnae end a sentinz wae a prepazishun awe yooz

Yesh'denditwi'afuollstoap. Bytheway.