Kissing Thailand Good Riddance

Interman

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came here to have sex with younger women, I keep succeeding.

Who are these people that fail?

Can't see my son failing either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

Great, so you're raising your son to have the only goal of maximizing pussy. Great father!

Is there a higher goal?

Sex with older women.

OP is/was a teacher in Thailand?

<snip>

So he says. From the OP:

...no commen sence and logic in all feilds of life.

Dear, oh dear. sad.png

Mmm, I have to admit that anybody who spells like that is probably not working at one of the schools I mentioned earlier - at least I hope not.

Canada is very multicultural where I grew up. Perhaps my opinion on racism differs than others on here. I dont view racism as just getting picked on or called names because of ethnicity. Those are generaly personal opinions back home. My bone to pick is with Thailand as a whole, view on racism. I put on a video of Mariah Carey and asked the students if they thought she is beautiful, they answer yes. Then tell them she's half black and literaly see them change their opinion. Black teachers from America..... no job for you.

And I feel my kids would benefit 10 fold from being educated at home and then making the decision themselves if they wanted to live here. Like one posted before, being raised in Thailand and then going to a western country is a struggle for obvious reasons.

"Black teachers from America..... no job for you."

Many years ago I worked with a US charitable organization in Africa as both a teacher and school administrator. The Ministry of Education of the country where I was based accepted teachers from other African countries as well as European and American whites, if qualified, but would always reject applications from American Blacks. It wasn't racism. It was a blanket bias because of perceptions of attitude issues.

On the other hand, I knew of several American & Canadian (essentially middle class white) couples who raised their children in the African setting, educated in International schools, who returned to North America when their children were ready for high school, and almost all those children faced major difficulties adjusting, including one attempted and one "successful" suicide. For the most part they were better prepared academically than were most of the students back "home" but they weren't prepared for the cultural differences.

Life can be difficult if you're considered different. And as The Ugly Duckling tale demonstrates, "different" has nothing to do with being superior or inferior, just different from the local norm. And children are both most vulnerable when they are rejected by their peers and they are often the most cruel when doing the rejecting.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

I've known teachers on anything from 60- 120k a month. They don't all earn a pittance (although many do).

How many english teachers in thailand make 100k a month. 1? 2?

For properly qualified real teachers at the top half-dozen western-managed international schools, 120-140K is the going rate, so certainly many hundreds, possibly thousands.

And they'd also be getting free education for their kids thrown in, which is worth half a million to 800K per kid per year.

At the second-tier international schools, and even some of the better Thai-run international programs, 60K+ is pretty common, and again if you're getting your kids a decent education as a free benefit you should be able to live pretty dam_n well here on that.

I certainly agree that it would be very difficult to consider someone choosing to live here with little savings on less than that a responsible parent if they have the option of choosing a decent community back home in a first-world country.

However if they'd end up still poor in downtown Detroit or something, then I'd also agree that the physical danger and social problems would outweigh the education issue, even the worst temple school in upcountry Nakon Nowhere would be better than that.

• Like 2

I find the racism back home far worse.

My son ( Half Thai / Half Caucasian ) endured more than 10 incidents during our last year in the UK.

These were sometimes violent and always very unpleasant.

On another note, I also teach over here and agree about the schooling scenario ( my son is 14 )

For this reason we will probably move back next year smile.png

I agree about the racism in the UK. I am from Australasia and worked in the UK recently for 4 years (around the Y2K time)

I travelled back to Aus frequently during that time.

Two instances: if someone was undergoing a baggage search at the airport they were invariably coloured. Infact I was confident enough going through customs that I usually took about 3 litres of bundy rum when returning to the UK.

The second instance: a group of us went out to Stratford for a night out. We invariably each took our own cars. The only person who was stopped by the police was (yes, you guessed it) our coloured colleague.

No, no colour predudice in the UK.

One strange instance I did have was: one night, just prior to leaving, I went for a quiet walk in Hastings. I was standing looking over a stone wall atdmiring

a nice traditional house, when a policeman who was driving by stopped & started quizing me as to what I was doing. He then asked me for identification. When I refused to give it to him telling him to arrest me if I was doing anything wrong, he got quite upset before driving off. I must say I felt as if I was

living in a large museum whilst in the UK.

I noticed many other instances which were similar, but will not bore you with them.

Who has said there is no colour prejudice in the UK?

Are those incident really that terrible? Inconvenient sure, fair maybe not, but hardly biting venomous racism.

If I saw a stranger staring at my house over my wall at night I would be pissed off. The policeman was just protecting his patch, but you chose to act like a d1ck and play the hard man. You were a foreigner in a country being asked a policeman to identify yourself, and still you want to be the big I am. Wonder why some Brits get angry at foreigners?

By the way, I'm European. C'mon who use a continent to state where they come from, jeez!

• Like 1

I've just spent time at my local NHS hospital - newly built two years ago. I waited 3 weeks for the appointment and was very impressed with the treatment I got. I can walk into my GP practice 365 days a year and be seen without an appointment.

same here, never made one, never had to wait.

Where's your GP's practice..? I want to switch.

Admittedly, I've been in Thailand for a while, but back when I was in London, the GP surgery was a case of - if I phone for an appointment, it's invariably 4-5 days away (by which time, I'd either be feeling better, or so much worse that I'll have gone to the hospital emergency room), or I turn up without an appointment and get seen in about 3 hours. (and I was paid by the hour back then, so the wait was particularly annoying as it meant time off work).

As for the OP. I'm in a similar boat, although I actually think the kids have done OK education-wise here. (English curriculum international school). My issue is one of finances. I have 3 kids and could "just" manage the school fees, but I needed to return to the EU so that they don't get hit with international fees for University. (£18K a year EACH is more than I can afford for 3 of them.)

I've had UBC/True for years, so they grew up on western TV programmes on that (along with bit-torrents of things like Top Gear - I pay my TV licence still at our house in the UK, so I don't consider downloading BBC programmes illegal), and the only Thai TV they watched is what they saw my wife watching. (dootv in the UK means that my wife will probably be watching the iPad a lot instead, although it might finally mean she'll let me hookup a computer to the TV).

The eldest is now going to a school in rural Aberdeenshire. Isn't getting bullied in any way whatsoever (possibly because some kids there knew her cousin, so had met her years ago). She moved back before us as she needed to be in the country 3 years, so is staying with my sister. The problem there is - she's doing her Highers and it would be unfair to move her to England now as the exams are all different, etc. The other two are in London with my wife just for now. I'm stuck here until the end of the tax year (I'm selling a flat in London, and if it sells before I go back, I don't have any Capital Gains tax to pay).

The oddest thing is - and I didn't think I'd be doing this in a million years, I'm putting the younger two into state schools in Central London - in Tower Hamlets. When we left London, the borough had some of the worst schools in the country and I thought I would be looking at private schools, or moving house to be near a good school, once we'd decided we had to move back. But the Ofsted reports for the schools around our house in London are now all either good or outstanding. (Came as a shock, that the schools around the house we already had were now rated better than most of the schools in the more up-market places I was looking at moving to for the kids to get into a good school before we moved to Thailand.)

Edited by bkk_mike
  • Like 1

about rascism: in my home country, it's the minority (10-15% now) of the immigrant population that is acting rascist against the hand that feeds them...

look "wrongly" at them and they take that as an insult and a free pass to come to stab you in the neck

when your daughter/sister/mother is called "whore" because she does not put a scarf on her head, even that is not the main religion of our native people, what do you start to think ?

that was one of the reason's, for our daughters better future as full thai (being called chinese in schools by teasing kids, even they are thai)... to come to live here

any adult Thai female, will also be miserable in the cold west with no sun, food, family, etc...

Im sorry to hear that about your son. My first is also a Thai/caucasian. Im not from the UK, but is it possible the racism is because the history of the UK is one of a caste system?

No it stems from the fact that at present white British people in London are now the minority,along with many other immigration problems but that's another story,good luck in your new move I hope it works out for the best for you and your family.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Who are the majority? Maybe som people whith another inheritage than you have greater problems than you because og racists BRITS?

My son ( Half Thai / Half Caucasian ) endured more than 10 incidents during our last year in the UK.

On another note, I also teach over here and agree about the schooling scenario ( my son is 14 )

I agree about the racism in the UK. I am from Australasia and worked in the UK recently for 4 years (around the Y2K time)

Two instances: if someone was undergoing a baggage search at the airport they were invariably coloured. Infact I was confident enough going through customs that I usually took about 3 litres of bundy rum when returning to the UK.

The second instance: a group of us went out to Stratford for a night out. We invariably each took our own cars. The only person who was stopped by the police was (yes, you guessed it) our coloured colleague.

One strange instance I did have was: one night, just prior to leaving, I went for a quiet walk in Hastings. I was standing looking over a stone wall atdmiring

a nice traditional house, when a policeman who was driving by stopped & started quizing me as to what I was doing. He then asked me for identification. When I refused to give it to him telling him to arrest me if I was doing anything wrong, he got quite upset before driving off. I must say I felt as if I was

I noticed many other instances which were similar, but will not bore you with them.

Are those incident really that terrible? Inconvenient sure, fair maybe not, but hardly biting venomous racism.

They are if you're black and get stopped on a regular basis for no other reason that the colour of your skin.

If I saw a stranger staring at my house over my wall at night I would be pissed off. The policeman was just protecting his patch, but you chose to act like a d1ck and play the hard man. You were a foreigner in a country being asked a policeman to identify yourself, and still you want to be the big I am. Wonder why some Brits get angry at foreigners?

By the way, I'm European. C'mon who use a continent to state where they come from, jeez!

Would you be more pissed off if the person staring at your house was black?

Im sorry to hear that about your son. My first is also a Thai/caucasian. Im not from the UK, but is it possible the racism is because the history of the UK is one of a caste system?

You are confused. There is no caste system in the UK. Whilst there is a large sub-Continental population they are subject to the same laws whilst in the UK as everyone else. Every society has a certain degree of stratification but it is a common mistake to assume that the UK is more stratified than most.

It is also a common mistake by posters on Thai Visa to make negative comments about the British whilst not revealing their own origins. Such biggoted cowardice is not really acceptable and a hallmark of those of poor eduction.

Endure,

If you think being stopped by the police is venomous racism I suggest you look at a few other countries. Yes, it's wrong, yes I am opposed to it, yes, it shouldn't happen, but it hardly life threatening is it?

Inthepink,

No, why should it? Are you suggesting that I am racist?

The old chestnut of blaming the schools for the quality of education. Sorry, but that is a canard. The most important factor is parental involvement. Westerners have a bad habit of trying to slough off responsibility for their children's education. It's always someone else's fault. Well, here's a newsflash, pull up your socks and assume your parental roles and teach your children by example and by supplementary effort, such as giving books and then discussing the books. Education s more than sitting in a classroom. Children learn to think by their parents. Exposure to new experiences and discussions of alternative viewpoints should take place at the dinner table and not just in a classroom.

• Like 1

The old chestnut of blaming the schools for the quality of education. Sorry, but that is a canard. The most important factor is parental involvement. Westerners have a bad habit of trying to slough off responsibility for their children's education. It's always someone else's fault. Well, here's a newsflash, pull up your socks and assume your parental roles and teach your children by example and by supplementary effort, such as giving books and then discussing the books. Education s more than sitting in a classroom. Children learn to think by their parents. Exposure to new experiences and discussions of alternative viewpoints should take place at the dinner table and not just in a classroom.

You send the kid away to a prep school and then are only forced to see the brat on holidays. The school is responsible for the kids. John Kerry, Romney and almost everyone who is anyone in the UK.

• Like 1

You are confused. There is no caste system in the UK. Whilst there is a large sub-Continental population they are subject to the same laws whilst in the UK as everyone else. Every society has a certain degree of stratification but it is a common mistake to assume that the UK is more stratified than most.

It is also a common mistake by posters on Thai Visa to make negative comments about the British whilst not revealing their own origins. Such biggoted cowardice is not really acceptable and a hallmark of those of poor eduction.

I put it to you that parental wealth is less of a determinant of personal success in the UK than in the USA.

Some people may believe otherwise, but unless they can offer evidence to support their claims, please do not expect us to believe it.

SC

Endure,

If you think being stopped by the police is venomous racism I suggest you look at a few other countries. Yes, it's wrong, yes I am opposed to it, yes, it shouldn't happen, but it hardly life threatening is it?

It depends how often it happens, doesn't it? How would feel if you were stopped and hassled 2 or 3 times a week every week for no other reason than your skin was white? How would you like it if you'd got yourself a decent car and you kept being pulled over because you're white? It's easy to dismiss things that don't happen to you as trivial but just imagine a lifetime of such hassle simply because you're white.

• Like 1

I put it to you that parental wealth is less of a determinant of personal success in the UK than in the USA.

Some people may believe otherwise, but unless they can offer evidence to support their claims, please do not expect us to believe it.

SC

Personal success is financial success for the great majority of people US or UK. Do football players with high morals or good personalities get more money than players who score more goals?

I almost agree with you in totality however the schools are also responsible for their part in education too. The basics have to be taught as well as a deeper knowledge later. These things are needed to understand life on a deeper and more fruitful and rewarding level. Parents have a huge role to play and in this current age many do not play their role nearly fully enough. It is a shame that the leaders of most societies do not give full thought or investment to education which is probably the reason for the shallowness and selfishness that comes from minimal understanding and education. Yes buy books and discuss them - buy computers and sit with your kids to explore the wonders they can give aside from playing games. Turn of the T V and eat food together discussing life and everyone's day. Yes read each other stories. Yes get decent teachers and pay them properly.

Your post was excellent and I enjoyed a warm feeling reading it. Happy Christmas!

Endure,

It depends how often it happens, doesn't it? How would feel if you were stopped and hassled 2 or 3 times a week every week for no other reason than your skin was white? How would you like it if you'd got yourself a decent car and you kept being pulled over because you're white? It's easy to dismiss things that don't happen to you as trivial but just imagine a lifetime of such hassle simply because you're white.

In fact I have known 2 people that this happened to, one had a VW Golf Gti and the other a Peugeot 205 Gti (it was a while ago). The guy with the golf ended up selling it because of the amount of times he was pulled over. Neither were really hassled, just inconvenienced, but I can see how frustrating it must be. I'm not trying to dismiss the value of this kind of racism, just put it into context. Most of us farang here experience racism in one way or another in Thailand on a frequent basis, but its not life threatening and we put up with it.

Unfortunately racism is here to stay until we all have mixed race kids, I just hope it becomes less and less as time goes on, which I believe it is in the UK.

Endure,

In fact I have known 2 people that this happened to, one had a VW Golf Gti and the other a Peugeot 205 Gti (it was a while ago).

I had a 205 Gti. One of the UK car mags has just voted it the best hot hatch of all time with the Delta Integrale in 2nd place biggrin.png

Endure,

In fact I have known 2 people that this happened to, one had a VW Golf Gti and the other a Peugeot 205 Gti (it was a while ago).

I had a 205 Gti. One of the UK car mags has just voted it the best hot hatch of all time with the Delta Integrale in 2nd place biggrin.png

I've got a Proton Persona, and I've never been stopped by the police. Could we get JT to set up a pole on the topic? I'd put the Persona in pole position

SC

• Like 1

X2

I could not agree more. All school really does is teach you the basics of reading and learning. Anything of value is taught by the parents. It is up to the parents to instill self reliance, independence and a willingness to learn. Schools can teach a child to read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide, and a knowledge about the world around them, but after that the child is on its own. It is up to the parent to make life interesting and make the child want to learn more. Without an inquisitive mind the child is lost. I'm not knocking teachers at all. The best ones carry on from what the parents have instilled in the child... an interest and willingness to learn more.The broader the range of knowledge the child has the better its opportunities are in the future.

• Like 1

X2

I could not agree more. All school really does is teach you the basics of reading and learning. Anything of value is taught by the parents. It is up to the parents to instill self reliance, independence and a willingness to learn. Schools can teach a child to read, write, add, subtract, multiply and divide, and a knowledge about the world around them, but after that the child is on its own. It is up to the parent to make life interesting and make the child want to learn more. Without an inquisitive mind the child is lost. I'm not knocking teachers at all. The best ones carry on from what the parents have instilled in the child... an interest and willingness to learn more.The broader the range of knowledge the child has the better its opportunities are in the future.

I'm glad that I have greater expectations from my children's school; though I suppose I would have a lot more beer money if I did not

SC

SC

Unless you can offer evidence to support that claim, please do not expect me to believe it. Almost everyone I know in the US who's made it big in the past 40 years came from rather ordinary families. There has been so much opportunity. Look at Google, formed by college students. There has been so much opportunity revolving around computers and the internet that there is a whole new class in Silicon Valley and other enclaves like that. All they had was an idea.

Today there is nothing stopping another person from having a facebook idea or an Ebay idea or whatever.

My question would be: Why have the young entrepreneurs in the US reigned supreme in computer land and with the internet? Why indeed is the internet almost wholly US? The opportunity there in software and hardware from serious computer games to silicon wafers to faster processors and all in between which makes things work is mind boggling. I know someone who just retired incredibly wealthy from a company you've never heard of, but worked for a startup company with stock options. Her father died young and she just paid off her mother's home, bought her a new car, and built herself a fantastic new ocean front home. She isn't quite 40 years old yet.