What Can A Tablet Do? (Cheapish Andropad Thing)

cbrer

As long as they're okay for ebooks, then the odd bit of basic games, watching videos, and popping balloons and baking cakes (the missus) then I'm sure it'll be fine.

It (single-core) will finally do it's job, but you will notice a huge difference in speed, when it comes to render websites with many pictures/javascript/etc.

Also playing movies/streams without supported hardware-acceleration, may cause stutter.

Edited by roban
  • Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems one can't buy a Sonore Andropad TA11 for love nor money. :rolleyes:

All the vendors in the computer malls just have I-Mobile tablets now, with a few Nex's and those Gpad Experience I and II's. None seem to retail Sonore and the Tesco only have other TA models with TA11 out of stock in all. :(

Hopefully another shipment will come soon. Surprising that Sonore don't have a retail outlet in BKK.

How does one know if a tablet has google play/google market licensed. As the TA11 is currently unattainable, I'm interested in the UPad U801.

See:

UPad U801

However asking the staff in Big C if it has 'Googen Play' will just gets nods and 'Yes, sir' whether it has or not. How can one check?

Thanks.

Hey guys, great if I could get a quick answer.

I'm possibly planning to buy the UPad A801 today, but cannot find anything on the net that says it can use .pdf's, epub files etc. in order to use it as an Ebook reader.

How would I know when checking it out? (I doubt the staff will understand nor know). Thanks.

One specs site just says:

"Ebook Reader: Adobe Flash Support"

http://www.pkcom2002...P-331814-1.html

Can I just download a free ebook reader from Google Play for free? :huh:

Thanks.

Edited by cbrer

Hey guys, great if I could get a quick answer.

I'm possibly planning to buy the UPad A801 today, but cannot find anything on the net that says it can use .pdf's, epub files etc. in order to use it as an Ebook reader.

How would I know when checking it out? (I doubt the staff will understand nor know). Thanks.

One specs site just says:

"Ebook Reader: Adobe Flash Support"

http://www.pkcom2002...P-331814-1.html

Can I just download a free ebook reader from Google Play for free? huh.png

Thanks.

I imagine you can download Calibre (free download) and read your ebooks from there. I have it installed on my laptop so can't see any reason you can't download it to a tablet.

• Like 1

Went down to buy one. It wouldn't power on or charge the dead-battery after 10 minutes of trying.

"Oh this one hab plobrem mistah. Last one, mut lao"

"That's okay, never mind."

Didn't instil confidence in the product and I'm still tabletless. :D

Went down to buy one. It wouldn't power on or charge the dead-battery after 10 minutes of trying.

"Oh this one hab plobrem mistah. Last one, mut lao"

"That's okay, never mind."

Didn't instil confidence in the product and I'm still tabletless. biggrin.png

What brand was that?