Body In The Moat

WarProfiteer

WP, are you back in town or Tak relaying news

I'm back for now. Not sure if it'll be for just a few weeks or longer as I've got a lead on a gig in Kabul. Didn't like the one in Helmand province. Pretty rough conditions.

Anyway, I never did find out how the body got in the moat... I couldn't figure it... no obvious signs like a wrecked motorbike or blood on the sidewalk nearby. Just the top of a head bobbing over the surface and an unmoving face partially visible... took less than a second to realize the person was dead, but I didnt see any obvious way they ended up where they were. Lets face it, even a semi conscious person could flail enough to get to the side and save themelves, so drowning seemed remote. Like I said, not a pleasant thing to see, but it just didn't make any sense either... we were on the bike and once I saw what the spectacle was, I moved along smartly. Later on, I just couldnt piece together how they ended up there...

The north west section of the moat was drained last week, not very deep, approx 1.5m in the centre ... but hey, some ppl drown in a puddle of water!

Other parts are deeper. I know from having fallen into it.

• Like 1

My Thai friend works across the road from where the body was discovered, she also confirmed the head trauma ("broken head" pointing to forehead) and something to do with the jaw possibly being broken. She said he looked Italian, and thought it looked like it was due to a fight rather than an accident.

Can you rescue someone that's dead?

Maybe they mean 'body recovery'.

They go about it in much the same way in terms of the care provided.

From what I've seen, dead bodies get treated more like a sack of potatoes.

Without getting into details, I can confirm what Tommo says is true. I was shocked when I saw it!

Yeah, it's a bit strange there's been no news at all... seems like this would qualify as a somewhat unusual event. Considering how many normal events in certain locales (street walker rips off tourist in Pattaya, tourist dead from drinking and driving a rented motorbike in Phuket, etc) are in the news seemingly every time they occur, I find it odd that a body in the moat here isn't newsworthy.

Yeah, it's a bit strange there's been no news at all... seems like this would qualify as a somewhat unusual event.

Not at all. It happens several times a year, every year. I don't really understand why this is 'news' more than the 14 people who died over the New Years holiday in traffic in Chiang Mai. That's 14 people (likely more) since this topic was started.