Christmas

aussieruss

Jim

I am disappointed in you, corrupting a couple of young Thai buddhists by celebrating Christmas.

As I say to my missus when she asks, "What did you get me for Christmas darling?"

My response is, "Nothing, christmas is for christains not Thai buddhists!"

She usually replies,"Well that's what you will be getting for a while."

To all as Jim says, "Stay safe"

Jim

I am disappointed in you, corrupting a couple of young Thai buddhists by celebrating Christmas.

As I say to my missus when she asks, "What did you get me for Christmas darling?"

My response is, "Nothing, christmas is for christains not Thai buddhists!"

She usually replies,"Well that's what you will be getting for a while."

To all as Jim says, "Stay safe"

Should not really say a Christmas tree, the bible forbids the decoration of trees. It's a yuletide tree. Very Druid, much like the beliefs in this supposedly Buddist land.

All fun and when you have a 3 and 5 year old, it's magic, which is just as magic to me when I see there faces. Jim

I am not religious, but I was brought up to believe in Santa, and I still remember the joy it brought me with all the anticipation of the occasion.

Later on in life it just became an excuse to have a few drinks and catch up with friends and family you haven't seen for a while.

Now I am out in the sticks in a little Thai village, it doesn't mean that much to me at all......but deep down inside I still do wish all my friends and family good tidings at this time of year and all the best for the New Year.

Nowadays it is all commercial and really directed at children.....but each to their own.

All the best to everyone.

Cheers.

I am not religious, but I was brought up to believe in Santa, and I still remember the joy it brought me with all the anticipation of the occasion.

Later on in life it just became an excuse to have a few drinks and catch up with friends and family you haven't seen for a while.

Now I am out in the sticks in a little Thai village, it doesn't mean that much to me at all......but deep down inside I still do wish all my friends and family good tidings at this time of year and all the best for the New Year.

Nowadays it is all commercial and really directed at children.....but each to their own.

All the best to everyone.

Cheers.

When you stopped believing in Santa, you started getting socks. laugh.png

• Like 1

Have a good one guys!

Went off to buy new fricking water tank yesterday....saw one highway with lots of little prezzies hanging on palm trees......very nice...bout the only sign of Christmas here except in frickin Tesco ..full of different cans of cookies and white Christmas music so loud ya can't here yourself think.

Was off to Phuket today to get drunk in a different location...pissing rain so maybe forget it..usually like to sit in my favourite illegal on the beach bar and drink beers......

Jim...check this out kids can send email to ensure a visit....

emailsanta.com

Happy Xmas to allburp.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd tag this on to this thread.

Wishing all you hard working farmers out there all the very best for 2013 & I hope you all have a successful year in all your endeavours. Keep up the good work

From one of the many non farmers that read and appreciate this particular forum..thanks

• Like 1

Best wishes to you all of you in Thailand and wherever you may be,,, I'm currently away working in W Africa for the Xmas and NY since agreeing to do this rotation to allow someone else home to his family for Xmas, since as said before we don't have much in the way of Xmas celebration in thailand,,, still coming from a Christian background, it's not easy being away from the wife and kids at this time of year,,, all the very best guys