The End Of The Road (for Now)

Soph

Well, after two years this time of living and working here in Thailand, with a fabulous year in Hat Yai teaching, then another equally as interesting year here on Samui, I have finally made the decision to pack up and go back to England.

So mid March I will be on my way back to the cold weather and grumpy folks, but also to 3 new born babies, a wedding, a wonderful group of much missed friends and family and back to saving all my money, this time not for a return ticket, but to pay my way through 3 years of University that I have decided to do in order to get my teaching degree :D

It has been a wonderful time for me here, and im not 100% sure about the move, but I know if I dont do it now I never will, and once I have my degree I will be back im sure at some point to carry on where I left off.

So, I will keep you posted on things - of course being a student, I will have even more time to spend on Thai Visa.com so nothing much will change there.

Anyway, thats my news, though you all might like to know :o

All the best Soph! Those student years are not so bad and will pass in no time at all.

Well, im quite looking forward to the student part! I will be classed as a mature student, but that is definately not the right description. :o

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-02-18 11:23:49) *

All the best Soph! Those student years are not so bad and will pass in no time at all.

What a ridiculous comment as though student years are some sort of penance whereas infact they will be the best years of your life.Good luck to you.

User is online!Profile CardPM

Report PostGo to the top of the page

+

That is what I was implying, student days are great.

I think she will miss Thailand, hence the "will pass in no time", and she will be back here before she knows it.

Good luck - I went to Uni as a mature student at 25 and it was the best thing I ever did.

Is it not 4 years for a BEd though

Or you can do a BA plus the PGCE which is 4 years in total

Anyway good luck with what you do and I am sure you will be back earning a decent wage teaching at an Intrnational school

All the best soph. At least in the Uk you will have all the summer festivals. :D So its not all bad.

Oh yes - got those planned already :D

(please let there be sunshine, pleeeese) :D:D

I'll re-check my diary, but I think summer in UK falls on a wednesday this year... :o

Good luck and enjoy your time there.

Nice post Soph, best of luck back home and best of luck with your studies.

I think you'll find when you step off the aircraft in the UK it's like you've never been away. As for the weather, well there were more than a few days in the high eighies last summer.

..... Oooh I've just thought.... REAL BEER.... Lucky S0d.

where you going to be Soph? pm me when you get back.

I will be at Sheffield Hallam all being well.

I plan on being in London for a while when im back, visiting friends down there.

Are you from Sheffield soph. ?

I visit on a regular basis and go to Meadow Hall, park up and get on the trams to the city centre where i spend time walking around the area.

There,s lots of different concessions on all sorts of things for all students, including travel.

It has in my humble opinion got to be one of the best places to be as a student.

So much to do and very modern, clean and green, not like the old foundary days fortunately.

It,s really geared up and you will be in lot,s of great company there, young or not so young.

One set back i,m afraid..................................................

You,ll have to get used to the late night, early morning entertaiment though, with not having them in Thailand ( if the reports are true. )

If you are not familiar with the area i have relatives who know the place well and if i can be of any aasistance or you need information P.M. anytime, it will be a pleasure to help, no problem.

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S. good luck from me also and happy times ahead for you.

Edited by marshbags

Ahh Sheffield - I did my undergrad there and it was a great city to be a Student in

David Blunkett was Council Leader then back though ;-)

And that was a good thing? :o

It was for us students - bus rides were 5p and 10p

We also got Housing Benefit so everything we paid over something like 10 pounds and 55p we got back.

I feel really sorry for students nowadays with loans and tuition fee's - I think I would still have gone back to Uni but a lot would not have gone.

Are you from Sheffield soph. ?

I visit on a regular basis and go to Meadow Hall, park up and get on the trams to the city centre where i spend time walking around the area.

There,s lots of different concessions on all sorts of things for all students, including travel.

It has in my humble opinion got to be one of the best places to be as a student.

So much to do and very modern, clean and green, not like the old foundary days fortunately.

It,s really geared up and you will be in lot,s of great company there, young or not so young.

One set back i,m afraid..................................................

You,ll have to get used to the late night, early morning entertaiment though, with not having them in Thailand ( if the reports are true. )

If you are not familiar with the area i have relatives who know the place well and if i can be of any aasistance or you need information P.M. anytime, it will be a pleasure to help, no problem.

marshbags :D:D:D

P.S. good luck from me also and happy times ahead for you.

Cheers Marshbags, thats very kind. I dont really have any friends there (yet!) but my Auntie and family live there so I know the city quite well.

As for the late night early entertainment, well I have sampled a fair bit of the Sheffield all night clubs, so I am quite aware what goes off for fun :o

You take me back down Memory Lane.

Forty-five years ago, I did that. (Went back to Blighty to take a college qualification in Northern England, after some years abroad.)

One of the best things that I ever did. (But some of the teaching staff, and some of my fellow students seemed to be real yokel numpties because they were such Little Englanders.)

Good luck.

Best of luck Soph. I was hoping to get to meet you when I visit Samui i April. Never mind, I'm sure we'll still hear from you on here, keep posting.

Be happy, and if you are ever in Liverpool be sure to look us up. We spend our time between there and Samui.

Well, after two years this time of living and working here in Thailand, with a fabulous year in Hat Yai teaching, then another equally as interesting year here on Samui, I have finally made the decision to pack up and go back to England.

So mid March I will be on my way back to the cold weather and grumpy folks, but also to 3 new born babies, a wedding, a wonderful group of much missed friends and family and back to saving all my money, this time not for a return ticket, but to pay my way through 3 years of University that I have decided to do in order to get my teaching degree :D

It has been a wonderful time for me here, and im not 100% sure about the move, but I know if I dont do it now I never will, and once I have my degree I will be back im sure at some point to carry on where I left off.

So, I will keep you posted on things - of course being a student, I will have even more time to spend on Thai Visa.com so nothing much will change there.

Anyway, thats my news, though you all might like to know :o

Good luck with the move, Soph.

Sometimes the 'sensible' decisions are the hardest ones to make.

I take my hat off to you.