Do I Have To ...

Of course you may continue staying on a retirement visa.

I should hope so, even though she makes me do housework! whistling.gif

However, I am stupified, over the years, reading how many guys are whining about getting the more difficult marriage visa, and I note they are over 50.

Wonder why.

I should hope so, even though she makes me do housework! whistling.gif

However, I am stupified, over the years, reading how many guys are whining about getting the more difficult marriage visa, and I note they are over 50.

Wonder why.

You only need to show 400.000 in bank or 40.000 baht income.

More paperwork so the immigration officials wants you to stay on retirement visa.

Actually these are extensions of stay and for Thai wife the bank requirement is only 400k or 40k income rather than the 800k or 65k needed for retirement extension of stay. But the retirement extension is an immediate local decision with minimal paperwork required.

Actually these are extensions of stay and for Thai wife the bank requirement is only 400k or 40k income rather than the 800k or 65k needed for retirement extension of stay. But the retirement extension is an immediate local decision with minimal paperwork required.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Minimal.

Must be the money, then.

Thanks.

There are advantages to getting an extension based upon marriage other than the lower financial requirements.

You can get a work permit.

The work permit requirements for number of employees and registered capital are cut in half. Also your wife could form a sole proprietor that you could then work for.

You can work and apply for PR or citizenship.

• Like 1

in retirement visa form <personal data form> for australian aplicants a question about "reference person in thailand"...his or her first & family names and phone number..the only person i know in thailand is my gf (bar girl) should i put her as my reference person ..or just not answer the question...any advice would be appriciated.

thanks to all in advance.

in retirement visa form <personal data form> for australian aplicants a question about "reference person in thailand"...his or her first & family names and phone number..the only person i know in thailand is my gf (bar girl) should i put her as my reference person ..or just not answer the question...any advice would be appriciated.

thanks to all in advance.

Just obtain the retirement extension to an O visa in Thailand. Only need to show 800k in a Thai bank, deposited for 60 days and residential address info. Alternatively 65k baht a month from a pension or a mix of pension plus funds in a Thai bank. No need for medical certificate and police report etc

Edited by simple1