Rangsit University Picks Top 10 Corruption Cases: Thailand

webfact

Rangsit University picks top 10 corruption cases

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Rangsit University's College of Social Innovation yesterday announced the 10 most scandalous corruption cases for fiscal 2012 (October 1, 2011, to September 30, 2012), as follows:

1. The burglary of former Transport permanent secretary Suphoth Sublom's Bangkok house. Police retrieved more cash from the robbers than Suphoth said he had lost when filing his police complaint, leading to suspicions that the money was the proceeds of corruption.

2. Alleged price collusion and violation of the state procurement law in the National Broadcasting and Telecom-munication Commission's 3G spectrum auction, which has been criticised as uncompetitive and generating too little revenue.

3. The government's controversial rice-pledging policy, which resulted in higher prices that have reportedly cost taxpayers billions of baht and affected the public interest.

4. The police entrance-exam cheating scandal.

5. The case in which TV personality Sorrayuth Suthas-sanachinda's Rai Som company was indicted by the National Anti-Corruption Commission for allegedly bribing state officials for business gains.

6. Controversial transfer of Pol Colonel Dusadee Araya-wuthi, secretary-general of the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission, to be permanent secretary for Justice after he probed state agencies' corruption cases.

7. The transfer of National Security Council chief Thawil Pliensri to the position of PM's adviser, reportedly to allow Pol General Priewphan Damapong to become police chief and his predecessor to take over Thawil's position at the NSC.

8. The Bt120-billion flood-relief budget, which was slammed for lacking transparency.

9. The Department of Special Investigation's charging of former PM Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban over civilian deaths during the 2010 crackdown.

10. The Defence Ministry's decision to strip Democrat leader Abhisit retroactively of his military rank and pay.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-26

Is corruption getting worse ? Would like to see figures for previous years if they are available. Once again bad journalism. Any body can put out a list. I suppose Rangsit Uni intelligence level does not stretch very far in analysis?

Governance is like a big cash cow to the Shinwatra mafia and their cronies...suck it dry from every point you can...

... and edited to add...and like a true thai soap opera the 'I know nothing' beauty, at the front...

Edited by Roadman
  • Like 1

Congratulations PTP, 3 out of 10 do not involve government corruption.

Hey? Which 3 are you talking about? My reading was they all involve government officials somewhere along the line.

Officials may have been in position for years. I was referring to those directly attributable to members of the current government, and PTP members.

Certainly a noteworthy corruption and bribery case involves the hit and run killing of a Bangkok cop and subsequent police collusion and obstruction of justice. If any case stands out as an illustration of Thai corruption, abuse of law, crime with impunity, it is this case of the reckless DUI hit and run Ferrari about three months ago. This news was all the rage for two or three weeks.

The suppression and blackout of all news since and the the lack of warrant and indictment follow up is at the top of the list of bribery and corruption, based on the initial news reports. It represents "newspaper complicity" in class and preferential treatment - it is a disgrace. This case is an obvious breakdown in Thai society and a stark illustration of bribery and corruption in Thai society.

Yellow bull!

The rumors are around 10 million. Life is pretty cheap here.

The guys not for going into exile?

Is corruption getting worse ? Would like to see figures for previous years if they are available. Once again bad journalism. Any body can put out a list. I suppose Rangsit Uni intelligence level does not stretch very far in analysis?

Nothing wrong with the article

They stated here was a list and a list was then provided

If you do not like Thai journalism, you can either stop

reading it or compose your own articles and we will then

proceed to lambast you journalistic endeavours

Or we could lambast s#$! journalism so they improve. And thanks for "If you don't like it, you can get out!" speech. I haven't heard that one before

" I suppose Rangsit Uni intelligence level does not stretch very far in analysis?"

Then you'd suppose wrong.

I guess the 10 listed are those the students felt did not benefit them in anyway; therefore, they felt scandalous corruption was involved. How many polls have we seen where Thai's feel corruption is OK as long as they get their slice/it benefits them. Guess this means there are two kinds of corruption: the good kind and the bad kind.

Rangsit University didn't do any corruption compilations during the Abhisit government - they only started with Yingluk.

Arthit Urairat, owner of Rangsit University, is quite well known as a Yellow Shirt.

• Like 1

If the investigators???? want a real chore, find 10 progrems of this government that have not been corrupt in some way.

That should keep them busy for the next few semesters.

Find one.

Your task this year students is find one government policy that has been a benefit in either a financial or material sense to the people that need it most, without also benefiting the people that need it least.

• Like 2

If the investigators???? want a real chore, find 10 progrems of this government that have not been corrupt in some way.

That should keep them busy for the next few semesters.

They do not have the intelligence to do that! Too busy paying of people so that they can pass the exams and get a crappy degree out of Rangist that is worth buffalo shit!

• Like 1