Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

^^ Lovely, but have you read the pinned topic on the required size of photos posted in this forum? Your pics go right off the side of my screen, screwing up the display. Your cooperation would be appreciated!

Here's an incentive... I can no longer see the 'like' button, so you ain't getting one tongue.png

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 1

Tyways had written :

" to no more than 1024 pixels wide. 800 wide is pretty optimum for the vast majority of browsers/monitors. "

I have an old desk computer; it is nearly 10 years old ; and my monitor is a 22" wide ;

I know many people have wider monitors than mine .

I think Tyways wrote that when the biggest Monitor were 17 " wide;

I had one like that in 1992 ...tongue.png

I think a photo 800 wide isn't beautiful ;

I resized mine 1200 x 900 and sometimes 1500 x 1125

Never mind about the " like this " wink.png

Tyways had written :

" to no more than 1024 pixels wide. 800 wide is pretty optimum for the vast majority of browsers/monitors. "

I have an old desk computer; it is nearly 10 years old ; and my monitor is a 22" wide ;

It's not how large is the monitor, but how good resolution each monitor gives. Pixels are for the resolution, 17" and 22" are for the size of the monitor itself.

I'm using 13" monitor which have 1400px horizontal resolution. I used to have 1024px resolution before. On either case I never use browser window in a full screen mode.

The 800px wide images is currently a good norm to share images here on this forum. It's the quality that shows the details of the images and does not require too much from the viewers computers. A fair compromise for all. Let's keep it in that way for an while, until the resolutions on the laptops and other computers improve.

Tyways had written :

It's not how large is the monitor, but how good resolution each monitor gives. Pixels are for the resolution, 17" and 22" are for the size of the monitor itself.

I'm using 13" monitor which have 1400px horizontal resolution. I used to have 1024px resolution before. On either case I never use browser window in a full screen mode.

The 800px wide images is currently a good norm to share images here on this forum. It's the quality that shows the details of the images and does not require too much from the viewers computers. A fair compromise for all. Let's keep it in that way for an while, until the resolutions on the laptops and other computers improve.

I can understand you; but what to do ?

Must I have to resize all my photos in 800 x 600 ?

or is there on the forum an automatic resizer even the photo are too big ?

Thanks

Assurancetourix

I use a free program called Faststone (there are many others too) to resize all my photos in a batch before posting to Flickr and then I can post easilyfrom there to Thaivisa. I too like large photos, but not when they spoil enjoyment for others, so I keep large originals on my system after posting the reduced-size ones.

I hope that this helps you to comply with Thai visa without causing you undue stress or inconvenience. It really is so easy to do.

I also try to always leave a blank line or two below any I might make in a post (comment or title of the photo), so that no text can possibly throw the photo further to the right (ie off the screen)....or vice versa

@ DAL...Your post #3357...Interesting shot especially with the

guy on the bike in the background. Next time try and get a

bit tighter on the main subject (flute man) and it will be a much

better picture. Don't be shy to get closer...perhaps drop a few

Baht into his bucket too! He won't mind... Or try a crop with

the pic you have...