Fatal Gunfire Erupts Outside Pattaya Soi 7 Go Go Bar

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it seems odd that the 1st story says

PATTAYA – December 26, 2012 [PDN]; at 5 p.m., a report of a shooting that killed someone and injured several others was received by Pol. Lt. Capt. Krittha Pratumkaew, officer of the shift, Pattaya police station. He rushed to check the scene with Pol. Lt. Col. Anek Srathong U, the suppression inspector; detective forces and rescuers from the Sawang Boriboon foundation Pattaya.

While the 2nd story says

Just after 4am, Police were notified of two incidents which had occurred, one in front of the Silver Star 2 Go-Go Bar in Soi 7 and on Pattaya Beach opposite the entrance to Soi 8. Initially both incidents appeared to be unrelated but witness accounts confirmed there was indeed a connection.

what was going on between 5pm and 4am? Seems a long time to pass to notify the police that are stationed just down the street.

So there are lots of armed people lurking about ready for a gunfight...interesting and worrying.

They should give everyone horses to ride instead of motorbikes. Also cowboy hats and gunbelts.

If one is thinking of opening a bar in Pattaya may I suggest an authentic Saloon with swinging doors, Saloon girls in costume with an old guy playing the piano in the corner, it would make a mint.

And to be truly authentic only serve shots of guplin' whiskey!

This is what happens when you have a 13 year old boy, locked into the body of a man. Unfortunately, some thai men have the mind of an adolescent. He mistook him for his friend! Nice guy. Reminds me of Dick Cheney, as he liked to shoot, and kill some of his friends too. Another 13 year old.

LOL. You mean kind of like you?

What a sad state of affairs, <deleted> gunfights on the streets.......Everyone from local businesses to the wee bar girl from Buriram will be affected by this.

It's one thing having the odd brawl or even the occasional mugging, it usually isn't enough to deter most tourists but when you turn the place into Dodge City and Wyatt, James and Virgil have either already moved to Tombstone or they have gone into hiding you have got serious problems.

I was actually thinking of having a long weekend in Jontiem with the girlfriend..............After this disgraceful episode you can keep the joint..... I'll head north where decent Thai people live.

This is what happens when you have a 13 year old boy, locked into the body of a man. Unfortunately, some thai men have the mind of an adolescent. He mistook him for his friend! Nice guy. Reminds me of Dick Cheney, as he liked to shoot, and kill some of his friends too. Another 13 year old.

LOL. You mean kind of like you?

No, I tend to be kind to my friends, rather than kill them. Only a slight difference, but hopefully my friends appreciate the opportunity of staying alive.

many people come on here and quote statistics from various cities round the world regarding gun crime murders etc

One big difference is that most of the cities have areas of high crime rates and most people with any sense find out where to avoid before they go there, these areas are mostly identified and off the beaten track

unfortunately in Pattaya the areas of danger are tourist hotspots, what happened in soi 7 yesterday is quite shocking

some proactive policing is required in this country - unfortunately they don't have a clue what that means let alone how to do it

for now policing in this country is very focused on reactive - wait for the crime to happen then act

that simply doesn't work

The bigger problem by far is that they simply don't care and can't be bothered with it...

So there are lots of armed people lurking about ready for a gunfight...interesting and worrying.

Yes, and the police have never thought about a stop and search to deter stuff. sad.png

they have more road blocks now in Pattaya than ever, but if you know your way around Pattaya you can easily avoid them which is the stupid thing, they need more random road blocks.

many people come on here and quote statistics from various cities round the world regarding gun crime murders etc

One big difference is that most of the cities have areas of high crime rates and most people with any sense find out where to avoid before they go there, these areas are mostly identified and off the beaten track

unfortunately in Pattaya the areas of danger are tourist hotspots, what happened in soi 7 yesterday is quite shocking

some proactive policing is required in this country - unfortunately they don't have a clue what that means let alone how to do it

for now policing in this country is very focused on reactive - wait for the crime to happen then act

that simply doesn't work

I don't know what "proactive" means either. Can you explain?

I was actually thinking of having a long weekend in Jontiem with the girlfriend..............After this disgraceful episode you can keep the joint..... I'll head north where decent Thai people live.

LOL. Good luck. Don't come to Pattaya because you're likely to get shot. Be sure you don't fly anywhere too because planes have been know to come down... and don't drive.

OK as i was there i will put this story straight. We went inside the bar at around 3.00am (approx) We herd about 3 pops outside and i saw the security run inside, one had blood coming out of his neck. It turned out to be a flesh wound. within a min all the staff were armed and went out. We left about 5 mins later and outside there were at least 20 Thais arguing. At this point i did not see anyone fatally wounded outside like several stories have suggested. Apparently the fatality was shot in the head. Well i do not think he was shot in the head with the initial 3 shots anyway otherwise i would have seen him floored outside! We walked away and the police sirens where coming from the top and bottom of the soi. So all this secondary shooting must have errupted in the presence of the police as the guy lay on the beach road looked very similar to one of the Thais who was arguing outside. To me it seems a second bout of shooting must have started shortly after we got off. It was like the gun fight at the OK coral, EVERYONE was carrying.

If one is thinking of opening a bar in Pattaya may I suggest an authentic Saloon with swinging doors, Saloon girls in costume with an old guy playing the piano in the corner, it would make a mint.

Where would Gabby Haynes fit in? Who else could drive the stagecoach?

I remember watching a very old Western on late night steam powered TV. The film was so old that in the end Gabby got the girl. biggrin.png

Was that a talky you were watching?

OK as i was there i will put this story straight. We went inside the bar at around 3.00am (approx) We herd about 3 pops outside and i saw the security run inside, one had blood coming out of his neck. It turned out to be a flesh wound. within a min all the staff were armed and went out. We left about 5 mins later and outside there were at least 20 Thais arguing. At this point i did not see anyone fatally wounded outside like several stories have suggested. Apparently the fatality was shot in the head. Well i do not think he was shot in the head with the initial 3 shots anyway otherwise i would have seen him floored outside! We walked away and the police sirens where coming from the top and bottom of the soi. So all this secondary shooting must have errupted in the presence of the police as the guy lay on the beach road looked very similar to one of the Thais who was arguing outside. To me it seems a second bout of shooting must have started shortly after we got off. It was like the gun fight at the OK coral, EVERYONE was carrying.

Thanks for the information and certain parts of this story are really alarming, to me at least.

Time to give SS2 and their other outlet on Soi 8 a miss for the time being; shame as i rather liked those 2 go-go's.

Anyone know if the bars at LK Metro have security that are packing ?

I think too much booze is a contributing factor. Too many people just go to Pattaya and get absolutely smashed day in day out. Me personally I am more interested in the great foods available all over the place, the nice sea breeze, and pick up a nice kitty if one is around, if not save my cash and move on. Cheers. One other reason I stay off the booze is because I bloody hate lager beer and thats all you get in Th mostly at these bars!! I wish CAMRA would start up in Th.

I mean how come people in Pattaya are so explosive, but in Bangkok, everybody is so calm, I never had a problem with anybody and I try to piss them off all the time, sometimes I am pretty rude

Sort of sums you up 'pretty well' I would say!

(Or are you just wanting to get your post count up a tad)?

Edited by fishhooks

that simply doesn't work

Agreed, but why doesn´t Chalerm start doing what he said he will do?sad.png

Drunk Thais shooting each other is pretty much par for the course here in Pattaya. But normally they have the brains to shoot each other outside the Thai discos. I thought shooting people at tourist gogo bars was against the " rules". Guess not.... And icing on the cake, right down the street from the police station. biggrin.png But part that is too funny for words is the fact an unknown number of other Thais are suddenly locked and loaded, and start blasting the original shooter.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Had no idea there were so many other Thais packing heat. Next time a Thai confronts me, I will fall to my knees, perform a deep wai, beg forgiveness, and give him money......

According to the redneck gun fanatics the more people packing heat the safer it is. By their reckoning Pataya must be the safest place in Thailand. Might take the family there for holidays.

In a twisted way you are correct. If only the shooter had a gun, he would have gotten away, and this would have been simply another unsolved murder here. Instead look at the actual result, the shooter is lying in a pool of blood with a bunch of bullets in him. Looks to me like street justice performed perfectly.....

• Like 1

According to the redneck gun fanatics the more people packing heat the safer it is. By their reckoning Pataya must be the safest place in Thailand. Might take the family there for holidays.

In a twisted way you are correct. If only the shooter had a gun, he would have gotten away, and this would have been simply another unsolved murder here. Instead look at the actual result, the shooter is lying in a pool of blood with a bunch of bullets in him. Looks to me like street justice performed perfectly.....

You say, if only the shooter had a gun.......

What was he shooting if not a gun? Don't think we'd be referring to him as the shooter if he had no gun.

What was he shooting if not a gun? Don't think we'd be referring to him as the shooter if he had no gun.

Yes .......... Like the Wonderful quote from the Gun Loby over the Recent Shootings ..............

" Sob Sob ..Tearful responce " ........ " The Only thing standing between a BAD GUY with a Gun ..... Is a GOOD GUY with a gun " ..lol lol lol lol . The world listened in amasement to this horrendous justification for Guns .

And Yes , unfortunately its very relevant to this topic , for in certain areas Thailand has followed the USA with more than just Hotmail . Its pretty dam simple ...The Less guns in the entire system the Better , Its not rocket Science .

Yes .......... Like the Wonderful quote from the Gun Loby over the Recent Shootings ..............

" Sob Sob ..Tearful responce " ........ " The Only thing standing between a BAD GUY with a Gun ..... Is a GOOD GUY with a gun " ..lol lol lol lol . The world listened in amasement to this horrendous justification for Guns .

And Yes , unfortunately its very relevant to this topic , for in certain areas Thailand has followed the USA with more than just Hotmail . Its pretty dam simple ...The Less guns in the entire system the Better , Its not rocket Science .

What the bleep ?????? It seems every bad guy in Thailand has a gun, right down to 16 year old gang banger wannabes on step through bikes.

Unless you are a hi so or the owner of a jewelery store, it is very difficult for a normal person to get a gun here. The net result here in Thailand?? One of the highest gun homicide rates in the world. So you figure it out......

Is English your first or second language? if only the shooter had a gun . Is that more clear?

Oh wait could this possibly be a stab at ironic humor?? :-)

Is English your first or second language? if only the shooter had a gun . Is that more clear?

Oh wait could this possibly be a stab at ironic humor?? :-)

If only I had a nickel for every time some english language expert posted on this forum......