48 Year,what Visa?

Hello i am 48,what kind off visa and requerements i need ,to stay in thailand,with my thai wife.We are married 17years here in the Netherlands.Is that a non O visa,based on marriage?Must i do the visa run every 3 months then?Or can i have 400K on a bank,and just get a visa for 1 year then?Or something else?

You want at least a single entry non immigrant O visa for entry on basis of being married to a Thai. If you do not mind doing 90 day exits/return (perhaps tourist type trips) a multi entry valid for one year of up to 90 day stay (almost 15 months with an entry just before expiration) would be good to obtain. Once here you can extend for Thai wife during the last 30 days of any 90 day stay having 400k in bank account in your name here for 2 months. At age 50 you also have the option of retirement (not needing wife or marriage paperwork and easier but would require 800k in bank account.

So iff i am right,i can do 2 things.For both things i need the non O visa,based on a marriage with thai wife, to enter the kingdom..

1:i can do the visa run every 3 months,and after 15 months i can get a new 1 year visa in thailand ,and do every 3 months a run all the time.not need the 400000 on a bank.

2:i put 400000 on a bank,get a 1year visa,renew it every year,no visa runs.even i am 48.

am i right with this?

Except number two is an extension of stay from a non immigrant visa entry - it is not a visa and will require re-entry permit prior to any travel (to return for the same permitted to stay date). For the extension of stay the question of recording foreign marriage paperwork and KR22 in Thailand becomes a requirement.

So lopburi3,step by step now:

1:i need a non O visa to get in the kingdom,right?

2:i put 400000 on a thai bank and i go ask for extension of stay from a non immigrant visa entry ,and the kr22.This all i do in bangkok foreign affairs?

3:when i get that all i can stay 1 year no visa runs and so?

4: after that year what i must do then?go back holland and do all steps again?or i can ask again for a 1year extension in bangkok foreign affairs,not leaving the country.

or are there nore steps to do?or more things i dont know.?what is ur advise to me in this?I will gonne stay in surin,i think that is 50 km from the cambodian border so i will do a run in 12 hours i think,but i think i will hate this,and also lose money from it by the way thx for ur reply to me.

Enter Thailand with a Non Imm O Visa.

Put 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank.

2 months later you can visit Immigration in the area you are staying and apply for a 12 Month Extension.

You will then need to report your address to Immigration every 90 days.

Next year you do the same again without having to enter with the Non Imm O.

A Rough Guide

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

As said you enter on the non immigrant O visa to make it easier but could convert inside Thailand from a tourist or even visa exempt if required. During last 30 days of the permitted 90 day stay you apply for extension using TM.7 with wife and financial proof and paperwork at the immigration office in your province (or serving your province). You do this extension process each year in the same manner. During year if you do not travel you must report your address using TM.47 every 90 days at no charge. If you do travel out of Thailand you must obtain a re-entry permit first to allow return on same permitted to stay time.

Ah ok guys thx a lot,i know now.I was worried a bit about doing the wrong thing.UBONJOE,that Kap Chong,is that in surin city?or Surin province?Or outside the Surin province.For the yellow book i had to go to khorat.About 4 hours drive from Surin city.i enter with a 2 months ticket or a 1 year valid ticket?

Edited by dreetje

• 3 weeks later...

I have my non O visa in my paspoort now,so what is my first step when i get in thailand?I go to foreign affairs in bangkok (laksi) same week i arrived?Or must i do it in bangkok the last 30 days from my non O?Or can i go to Surin and make the 1 year stay stamp there?Same week i arrived,or last 30 days from expirring date from my non O?

During the last 30 days of that 90 day stay you visit the immigration office serving where you live to apply for extension of stay on basis of Thai wife. You will need the meet the financial conditions and have that proof as well as all the normal marriage paperwork as previously listed.

Ok thx,yes i will do the 400K.otherwise i need to do the visa run every 3months,right?Maybe also an option,becouse Surin city is not far from cambodian border.Any border will be ok for a visa run?Or only some specified bordercrossings,can do the visarun?Becouse Kap choen the immigration office for Surin,is maybe a few km away from the cambodian border.And every 3 months i must call or go to them to say where i stay in Surin,am i richt?Or just a Phone call will do,or must go to local police station in Surin city to say where i stay every 3 months when do the 400k thing?

Or....

Take your Thai wife to live with you in Cambodia not Thailand

You just pay for two 12 month multientry business visas. About 560 USD for both.

At the end of twelve months just pay an agent to get you another two 12 month visas.

If you really need to come back to Thailand with you partner you can do it on a tourist visa.

No minimum deposit required

No visa runs

No 90 day reporting

No minimum income required

No checks or other administrative bs

The simplest solutions are always the best ones.

There is an option of either 400k in bank accout 2 months or proof of 40k income for extensions of stay. For leaving country every 3 months that would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa obtained from a Consulate outside Thailand. For 90 day address reports you do them in writing using a TM.47 form so not by phone.

So to be sure:

1:non O single entry for get in the kingdom,they stamp it on day from arrival,and from that day it is valid for 90 days.

2:I just go to Surin and put 400K on a bank acount on my name.

3:I wait till the last 30 days from my visa,then i go to Kap Choeng Immigration Office,in the Surin province to get a extencion for 1 year.I take go my bankbook,my wife,pix from her and me at the house,discription how to get to my home,the tamien baan books(bleu and the yellow 1),my birt certificate and marrige certificate translated in thai.My passport,6 pieces of pasport pix,kopies from it all.

4: They will give me that extencion for 1 year the same day?Or must i go back within 1 week at there office?

5:When i have it,i send every 90 days a TM.47 form,to Kap Choeng Immigration Office.

6:After 1 year i do the same thing again and again and again.

7:I not have to be in foreign affairs in bangkok for anything?

8:Did i forgot something?

You will need a letter from your bank. Preferably within 1 or 2 days of applying.

Bankbook updated and showing the same balance.

Birth Certificate is not needed. Marriage Certificate will need translating and verifying by MFA in Bangkok

You will get a stamp for 30 days while under consideration.

Go back in 30 gays for the result. (It is usually yes)

I don't think Kap Choeng accept mailed 90 day reports so you might have to go in person every 90 days.

Your best bet is to go and ask them excactly what they want as all Immigration Offices are different.

Do the same every year.

If your marriage certificate is not in Thai at most places it will have to be certified by your embassy and and translated and registered at MFA and then at a District Office and a KR22 obtained to present to immigration along with copy of marriage certificate. If a Thai marriage no translation is required and you just present copy (showing original) and a KR2 from District Office (current ledger entry of marriage).

• 4 weeks later...

There is an option of either 400k in bank accout 2 months or proof of 40k income for extensions of stay. For leaving country every 3 months that would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa obtained from a Consulate outside Thailand. For 90 day address reports you do them in writing using a TM.47 form so not by phone.

Do i bring this personal?Or do i send it by post every 3 months?

Do i bring this personal?Or do i send it by post every 3 months?

It all depends which Immigration office you use, if you go there you can ask them if they accept 90 Day reports per Mail. I always go personally as it only takes a couple of minutes (30 min max) and it is only a 20 minute drive from my house.

Edited by MJCM