Yingluck Hopes Changes At Govt House Will Bring Luck

webfact

BURNING ISSUE

PM hopes changes at Govt House will bring luck

Piyanart Srivalo

The Nation

At long last, here come the major refurbishments of Government House by the Yingluck Shinawatra administration.

BANGKOK: -- Back in March, the Spirit House where people make offerings was relocated, and the ornamental canons were reoriented to point away from the compound. Government House is the seat of the Prime Minister's office, and in accordance with feng shui (Chinese geomancy) beliefs, you shouldn't point a gun at your own backyard.

The palms planted during the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration were uprooted. Doors are being fixed to make the building more secure and solid, along with repairs to the pavement.

All these moves were seen as part of the six-month government's feng shui renovation in order to strengthen the luck of the administration so Yingluck could last out her term and successfully sail through troubled waters.

Now, in this month of December, more renovations are underway to mark the first anniversary of the Yingluck government and to cope with the Maya rumour of the end of the world. Also, astrology says the date 12-12-2012 is ominous for a female leader — and believers are watching the movement of the celestial Rahu from December 10 up to the New Year period.

Astrologist Attaviroj Sritula, president of the Thailand Astrology Association, expressed his view of the new refurbishment of the Government House by saying it was needed due to all these factors. He said the astrological fate of the nation was tied to that of the premier's astrological fortunes.

This led to the premier ordering the Fine Arts Department to renovate the Thai Khu Fah Building after finding many parts had been damaged by termites and the paintings on its walls were looking dim. A new kind of grass, Bermuda, which is more resilient to the elements, has been planted in the lawn. The grass is the same type as used in the Alpine Golf Course, which is owned by the Asia Assets group formerly run by Yingluck, and will be planted immediately after New Year.

However, it's not just the Thai Khu Fah building that's being renovated, but other parts of the compound have been tweaked to enhance the premier's fortune. These include the refurbishment and relocation of the Cabinet Meeting Room to the same area used under her brother, ousted and fugitive former premier Thaksin. Yingluck was quoted as saying the current room is too small and the new one will be operational early next year.

There are also many changes that the deputy secretary to the prime minister, Pol Maj-General Tawat Boonfueng, and his team will look into. These include the construction of a first-aid room - something Government House currently lacks, despite the fact that many important people work there.

Recently, Deputy Premier Chumpol Silpa-acha was rushed from Government House when he suddenly fainted and there was no first-aid room. Back during the Surayudh Chulanond administration, then human security minister Paiboon Wattanasiritham also had to be carried away when he suddenly felt ill.

This situation is unacceptable, said Tawat, adding that a library and an exercise room would also be constructed.

Now all we can do is wait and see what fate has in store for us in the New Year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-27

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was married to an astrologist/numerlogist for a number of years in California. She was very successful, and had many regular clients, mostly women. I could see up close how full of hocus pocus the whole crystal ball industry is. The wife admitted it, in her candid moments. Maybe Thailand and Ms Yingluck needs luck or uprooted palm trees to improve things, but if she asked me, I'd suggest:

>>> Good leaders (with at least a modicum of wisdom, skills, compassion)

>>> Block Thaksin's incoming calls (I now see 'hellodolly' mentioned that also, but that was my first thought when reading the OP)

>>> Sincere concern for Thailand's regular people

>>> Dump that whiskey-guzzling Chalerm. Yea, the one who sheltered his kid from facing murder charges.

>>> Sensible legislation

>>> Quit being so seized on the idea of enabling the Great Scoundrel to return, scott-free to Thailand.

....not necessarily in that order. Oh, and please don't dig up any more trees. Trees can't protest, but some of us can speak for them.

Edited by maidu
  • Like 2

and in accordance with feng shui (Chinese geomancy) beliefs, you shouldn't point a gun at your own backyard

You have to subscribe to some mumbo jumbo to understand why that isn't a good idea, how about using some common sense ....... wait, forgot where I was for a second.

• Like 2

Welcome to Asia, all of you..........

Yes It is sad isn't it when people who profess to live here and feel able enough to make comments on the political situation haven't even got the first clue about the place?

Or is it possible, just possible that they do know about asian culture and are just using this occasion to throw sh** at the government.

Surely not, on a forum which one of its posters was only saying yesterday was the "best Thai political forum going" could there be so many trolls adding nothing to the debate.

When intelligence fails resort to superstition.

A great way to run a country.

I wonder if there will be changes in the phone line to Dubai? May I suggest an automatic call block.

One that stops out going as well as incoming calls.

Just how long have you been here in Asia?

BANGKOK, June 21 (TNA) - The Thai government has readjusted its feng shui at Government House according to Chinese cosmological understandings to enhance luck and prosperity as well as to create peacefulness.

Six potted plants of Koson (codiaeum variegatum blume) were placed on the lawn in front of the Thai Ku Fah Building, opposite its entrance, where Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva enters the Government House compound.

The placement of plants there is believed to avoid and drive away bad luck. It is also believed the bright colours of Koson, which are yellow and green, are to enhance luck and prosperity and to create unity as well as bringing out the honest and boost charisma.

The feng shui at Government House had previously been adjusted once, according to the government's past problems. A Happy Buddha was invited on the rooftop above the prime minister's office and round marbles were decorated at several spots of the Thai Ku Fah building to fend off bad luck and enhance good luck and prosperity.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=4ff671480b01dabf3c0067f7

Yes It is sad isn't it when people who profess to live here and feel able enough to make comments on the political situation haven't even got the first clue about the place?

Or is it possible, just possible that they do know about asian culture and are just using this occasion to throw sh** at the government.

Surely not, on a forum which one of its posters was only saying yesterday was the "best Thai political forum going" could there be so many trolls adding nothing to the debate.

Let's hear it for corruption, theft and the Asian way!

Edited by ballpoint

These include the construction of a first-aid room - something Government House currently lacks, despite the fact that many important people work there.

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Do you know who I am bullshit?

This illustrates my point perfectly.

This illustrates my point perfectly.

Oh, I didn't realise you had a point. It looked like you were going off on one of the "West don't understand Confucian values" rants so beloved of tyrants and dictators in this part of the world. Still, if it can be illustrated with so little effort then it can't be much of one. More of a prick than a point really.

Anybody who supports this ridiculous situation should canvas their own governments to follow suit - and then keep a weather eye out for the men in white coats. Perhaps Yingluck should lose at little face and call in ju-ju men, witch doctors and shamans from abroad.

Anybody in this world with an ounce of nous knows that you make your own luck or at least give it a helping hand.