Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the derelict B747 doing at Udon Thani airport? The engines are removed. Is it for training purposes?

Do you have a pic?

No sir, but it is all grayish white and easily seen from the departure area windows. I'll take a pic next month when I pop back up.

Oddest thing. I think it was an old TG, but there are no markings.

According to this it is an abandoned 1-2- Go former KLM jumbo http://www.i-nomad.net/2010/07/plane-for-sale.html

It's a ghost plane now.

He got it!

post-70928-0-85966200-1360877210_thumb.j

Anyone has got a collection of these....?

Morning Dancealot,

I'm not sure if you're aware but removing the safety card from the aircraft is actually against the law and shouldn't be encouraged.

No wonder Air Asia is always running late, passengers keep lifting the safety cards :P (light hearted joke btw)

I used to use air safety cards as shoe horns after my feet had swollen from economy class syndrome but now I carry a short teak shoehorn I got at Chatuchak.

Hahaha never thought of doing that...

Though recently haven't had that issue (and still flying in the back of the bus), which is strange as it almost always used to be a uncomfortable awkward exercise trying to put my shoes on after a 7hr plus flight...

I used to use air safety cards as shoe horns after my feet had swollen from economy class syndrome but now I carry a short teak shoehorn I got at Chatuchak.

may I ...

I used to use air safety cards as shoe horns after my feet had swollen from economy class syndrome but now I
carry a short teak shoehorn I got at Chatuchak
wear those flight socks which David mentioned in his

Plus hydrate and do my leg exercises and get up and walk around the cabin every couple of hours
because I don't want to get a DVT like that poor bastard did.

Thankyou lubbkis for your largesse ... you are truly a generous man and great to see that you are taking care of your general health when flying ... biggrin.png

may I ...

I used to use air safety cards as shoe horns after my feet had swollen from economy class syndrome but now I
carry a short teak shoehorn I got at Chatuchak
wear those flight socks which David mentioned in his

Plus hydrate and do my leg exercises and get up and walk around the cabin every couple of hours
because I don't want to get a DVT like that poor bastard did.

Thankyou lubbkis for your largesse ... you are truly a generous man and great to see that you are taking care of your general health when flying ... biggrin.png

Thank you for sharing your story. I do have flight socks but struggle to get them on. My anti-dvt strategies include;

1. my usual airline know that I want an ailse seat for long haul legs. If I'm in economy I walk round the cabin at least twice during the leg. If I'm on the A340 I do stretching exercises using the steps to the downstairs loos. Cabin crew do not like you using the door inflatable for leg stretching exercises I've been told.

2. I take a long hop in Europe then a sleeping hop which I try to keep down to 11 hours max, it's usually 9 eastwards.

At the hub I get a long walk.

3. Because I'm going intercontinental about three times a year with my preferred airline, I'm buying economy but getting biz much of the time.

I'm what used to be called retirement age since last week but the EU has outlawed retirement age so I guess I just have to go on and on and on or retire to Myrtle Avenue 555.

'Air America', in stealth 'look-like-a-meteor-shower' mode, across all Russian sites-of-possible-interest, and the aircraft-model is clearly Roswell-class ultra-light-speed space-vehicle operating out of Area-55 (used to be Area-51, before inflation hit !). rolleyes.gif

# 023

Try for the ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

post-104736-0-23881500-1360997470_thumb.

Not easy ... but I know you guys are up to it ... thumbsup.gif

A330-300 Guessing Finnair

Well done ... indeed it is an A330 series ... clap2.gif

But the wrong guess for the Airline.

I know it's difficult from this angle (and I photoshopped the planes rego out w00t.gif ) ... but it's an Asian Airline ... that's been around a long time ... even I have flown with them.

Edited by David48

I know it's difficult from this angle (and I photoshopped the planes rego out w00t.gif ) ... but it's an Asian Airline ... that's been around a long time ... even I have flown with them.

# 023

Try for the ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

post-104736-0-23881500-1360997470_thumb.

Not easy ... but I know you guys are up to it ... thumbsup.gif

A330-300 Guessing Finnair

Next guess Korean Airlines

Ricardo ... some great deductions there, and I can see the logic in your answer ... thumbsup.gif

Logic is a way of being confident, about one's wrong-answer ! laugh.png

I got a B+ for diplomacy at school ... maybe I've gotten better since

@David: At least you payed attention @diplomacy 101thumbsup.gif.

wai.gif

Edited by Dancealot