Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

# 019

Try for the ...

• Airline

• And ... if you can ... Make and Model

Really easy * ...

post-104736-0-60129700-1359762329_thumb. and post-104736-0-80366700-1359762327_thumb.

*trying to attract a wider audience ... smile.png ... not everyone is a dedicated 'spotter'

Don't know if I'm allowed to answer...more of a dedicated snapper...hooked on this line.

Anyway I caught a similar fish at CLK on 31/12/12.

Sorry about the vignetting I'm using a Nikon 3100 with a DX 55-300 lens. Wondering about the D600.

post-31600-0-73807500-1359796709_thumb.j

Edited by lubbkis

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I'm allowed to answer...more of a dedicated snapper...hooked on this line.

Sorry about the vignetting I'm using a Nikon 3100 with a DX 55-300 lens. Wondering about the D600.

Great shot. thumbsup.gif I had the same with my 300 (600 35mm equiv) before I realized I forgot to take the sun hood off which will shadow the edges at the far end of the zoom. Did you have one on?

Great shot. thumbsup.gif I had the same with my 300 (600 35mm equiv) before I realized I forgot to take the sun hood off which will shadow the edges at the far end of the zoom. Did you have one on?

Thanks for that tip. Yes. It has a big 'ole lens hood. Which fell to pieces when I dropped it but I was able to rescue with araldite. 555

Looks like a good clear day for LHR but it will be freezing.

To everyone ... please provide an answer.

It was an attempt on my behalf to encourage some new blood into the thread with an easy one.

Seems we are to far into the thread for that.

So ... gentlemen ...

• Airline

• Make and Model

If you would be so kind.

BTW ... we are only about 1/3 of the way through captured images.

So if you are still keen ... biggrin.png ... lets get spotting!

Mate, I, and I'm sure others here, warmly appreciate any contributions.

Outside the plane

Inside the plane

What ever you spotted ... share it with us ...
wai.gif

Cebu Pacific A320?

edit - I see they have A319's in their fleet, but I'll guess A320 anyway.

Awesome timing Mr Mod ... laugh.png ... and you are sooooooooo close.

And just between you and me ... I would no idea on the subtle differences ... but I just go by the recorded flight data.

So yes ... it's a Cebu Pacific pacific flight.

Cebu Pacific A320?

I would have guessed 20 rather than 19 but reading between the lines of the quizmaster's post it seems he is saying it's a 19.

Here's something from the same series I took eight days ago.

There is a strong clue to the location in the pic.

This is a very special flight with special immigration arrangements and a link to Concorde.

What is the craft,

where is it,

what's special about the immigration arrangements for the flight and

what is the link to Concorde?

post-31600-0-49789100-1359969886_thumb.j

Edited by lubbkis

Cebu Pacific A320?

I would have guessed 20 rather than 19 but reading between the lines of the quizmaster's post it seems he is saying it's a 19.

This is a very special flight with special immigration arrangements and a link to Concorde.

What is the craft,

where is it,

It the LCY to JFK BA A318 and US immigration is done at the fuelling stop in Ireland. Flight numbers BA001, 002, 003 and 004 same as Concorde used to use.

Sorry forgot to say the airport is London City with the Olympic stadium in the background.

Edited by RabC

Cebu Pacific A320?

Okay - so its a 319?

Dave?

I would also say 319 as the 319 is a shortened version of the 320 and the primary difference and this one looks 'stubbier'. If we could see the wing emergency exits, that would be definitive as the 320 has two on each side over the wings and the 319 one.

Sorry guys ... was having a beer with my neighbour.

But now I have a quandary.

Here is the stock photo associated with the trip as per the Flight Data.

I can only supply the link as it's a copyrighted photo. Clearly you can see 2 exit doors over the wings.

Here is the flight data ...

• Airline: Cebu Pacific
  • Flight: 5J929
  • To: Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi (BKK)
  • Aircraft: Airbus A319-111 (A319)
  • Reg: RP-C3198
  • Altitude: 21225 ft (6469 m)
  • V/S: -2240 fpm
  • Speed: 421 kt (780 km/h, 484 mph)
  • Track: 241°
  • Hex: 75805F
  • Squawk: 2701
  • Pos:
  • Radar: T-VTBD1

So ... I'll refer to you as to the plane's model

Edited by David48

Cebu Pacific A320?

What is the craft,

where is it,

It the LCY to JFK BA A318 and US immigration is done at the fuelling stop in Ireland. Flight numbers BA001, 002, 003 and 004 same as Concorde used to use.

Sorry forgot to say the airport is London City with the Olympic stadium in the background.

Sounds like you've flown it Rab. It's all business and stops at Shannon as it can't take off from the short runway in a converted dock at LCY with enough fuel to get to JFK. The US Customs and immigration at Shannon make it a fast access to New York. The return JFK-LCY is non-stop.

Cebu Pacific A320?

What is the craft,

where is it,

Sounds like you've flown it Rab. It's all business and stops at Shannon as it can't take off from the short runway in a converted dock at LCY with enough fuel to get to JFK. The US Customs and immigration at Shannon make it a fast access to New York. The return JFK-LCY is non-stop.

Haven't flown it, but learnt about it because of the endurance of the A318 surprising me.

lubbkis, RabC - fascinated by that A318 flight via Shannon to NYC with immigration at the fuelling stop.... Great bit of aviation trivia.

I did get to have a look over a special A319 for the Australian Antarctic Division before its first flight from Hobart to Antarctica (a mate was in charge of building the special runway down there) - some photos of it here (not my own photos mind)

Making Australian Aviation History - Airbus A319 lands on ice runway in Antarctica

lubbkis, RabC - fascinated by that A318 flight via Shannon to NYC with immigration at the fuelling stop.... Great bit of aviation trivia.

I did get to have a look over a special A319 for the Australian Antarctic Division before its first flight from Hobart to Antarctica (a mate was in charge of building the special runway down there) - some photos of it here (not my own photos mind)

Making Australian Aviation History - Airbus A319 lands on ice runway in Antarctica

Saw that on 60 minutes.

That's a very interesting link SVB. Seems that the single corridor Airbus frame is quite robust and adaptable. I suppose that I'm not a good European if I say that I prefer flying in Boeing double corridor craft to Airbus double corridors. I flew SIA's A380 a few years back and was not particularly impressed with the economy seat or service but it seemed a stable flight.

When I arrived in HK in the late '70s one of my colleagues had worked for Air New Zealand and mentioned that he'd been associated with a scheduled flight reconnaissance to Antartica but I seem to recollect that he mentioned they'd used a DC10 and there was no question of landing.

On of the most scenic flights I've ever taken was on the old BA 747 run that linked Hong Kong,Tokyo, Anchorage and London. As it was daytime the sights of Alaska and Northern Canada were something else.

Edited by lubbkis

It is the same when you depart Vancouver (Canada) for a USA destination. You clear Canadian customs, then walk 10 meters int he same building and you are stamped into USA. then it is a domestic flight kind of thing, well all on bored in cleared, no customs in LA or Florida or where you are going.

Hello All, cut-chop-repost to your hearts content.

This pic the plane is close L/H side of the power pole.

I saw these planes almost 30 years ago at Moffet Field

and 45 years ago a pogo plane, twin counter-rotating

props.

Lots of different birds fly into Korat.

rice555

post-37242-0-39803600-1360225500_thumb.j

A question for you guys please.

I have heaps of photos of planes from my stay at the Farm.

Some are multiple photos of the same airline, though not necessarily the same model plane.

I like to cross reference the planes registration against the information that I have to verify some details before I post.

But I have noticed that several planes don’t carry/display their rego visible on the underside of their wings.

Is there any international requirement for this ... what is general accepted industry practice?

Thanks