Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos, each and every one of them.

That one above ... what on earth is that thing sticking out of it's nose?

Looks like being from an Aircraft Carrier with the folding wings?

I've ran out of likes ... will be back tomorrow.

Cheers and thanks for sharing ... thumbsup.gif

This is the aircraft I want to see landing at Swampy.

1355217275_TN.jpg

This is supposed to be Thaksin's own personal aircraft. However it's flight patterns and ownership do not correspond to the deposed leader. I suspect he has leased it on a few occasions but has no ownership rights.

Reg is N300BZ but it's a US registered aircraft with N meaning USA,300 as the model type and BZ meaning bizjet.

It's been parked in New York for the last two weks.

Interior shot. To my knowledge it is unique, my apologies if it is not.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif 2013-08-29_16-51-30_876web.jpg

Aircraft type and airline

Korean Air A380? Wild West guess that one...

A380 is correct but it is not Korean Air.

Hint: Flew into Singapore late August. However on the way out, in September, the counter clerk mentioned they would not be flying it to Singapore in the near future. We were relegated to the B777 on the flight home.

Hint: Flew into Singapore late August. However on the way out, in September, the counter clerk mentioned they would not be flying it to Singapore in the near future. We were relegated to the B777 on the flight home.

Must be Qantas, then.. They never crashed..

Edited by Dancealot

Plane Spotting 2 ...

PSP 2 #016

attachicon.gifP9190036 LR RR.JPG

Try for the ...

• Airline
  • Make and Model

Hornbill Skyways? CL60 Challenger 605 used for state flights

Plane Spotting 2 ...

PSP 2 #016

post-104736-0-62871800-1380064188_thumb.

You are so close with the Plane type, I've got to say yes because frankly I don't know the difference between a 604 and a 605.

So, from the planes Rego, I've got it as a 'CL600 Challenger 604'.

Great Spotting spud67 ... clap2.gif

Edited by David48

Speaking of CanadaAir, they were the maker of an early type 'Drone' aircraft.

cl_327.jpg

The CL-227 Sentinel is a remote-controlled unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) made by Canadair.

It displays a distinctively unusual bulbous hourglass profile. Lift is provided by a set of coaxial rotors emanating from the waist of the system.

The engine air is exhausted upwards to minimize the infrared signature. The blades are made of composite materials as well as all the external skin and legs, in an attempt to reduce the radar signature. The main structure is made mostly of aluminium.

The prototype of the CL-227 was designed in 1977, and was made available to NATO allied clients in the early 1980s. In the late 1990s it was replaced by an updated version, the CL-327.

While designed purely for intelligence gathering, its strange and menacing physical appearance inspired Science Fiction writer Bruce Sterling to portray it as an assassination device in the novel Islands in the Net.

WIKI

Canadair-CL-227.gif

Just sharing because it's so different from what we see today as 'drone' aircraft and, for me, an amazing bit of engineering.

Plane Spotting 2 ...

PSP 2 #003

post-104736-0-47762200-1380067622_thumb.

Try for the ...

• Airline
  • Make and Model

Back to a Commercial Airliner for this one ... but still have some Jets for later.

Just trying to mix them up a bit.

To my knowledge, we haven't spotted this one before.

Speaking of CanadaAir, they were the maker of an early type 'Drone' aircraft.

cl_327.jpg

The CL-227 Sentinel is a remote-controlled unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) made by Canadair.

It displays a distinctively unusual bulbous hourglass profile. Lift is provided by a set of coaxial rotors emanating from the waist of the system.

The engine air is exhausted upwards to minimize the infrared signature. The blades are made of composite materials as well as all the external skin and legs, in an attempt to reduce the radar signature. The main structure is made mostly of aluminium.

The prototype of the CL-227 was designed in 1977, and was made available to NATO allied clients in the early 1980s. In the late 1990s it was replaced by an updated version, the CL-327.

While designed purely for intelligence gathering, its strange and menacing physical appearance inspired Science Fiction writer Bruce Sterling to portray it as an assassination device in the novel Islands in the Net.

WIKI

Canadair-CL-227.gif

Just sharing because it's so different from what we see today as 'drone' aircraft and, for me, an amazing bit of engineering.

Speaking of Drones... I read that an F-16 flew earlier this week as a drone without having a pilot in the cockpit...

And this from a few months back.... Still makes me laugh... Silly Iranians...

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif 2013-08-29_16-51-30_876web.jpg

Must be BA then.. QF don't have the 777...

Plane Spotting 2 ...

PSP 2 #003

attachicon.gifP9010042 C LR RR.JPG

Try for the ...

• Airline
  • Make and Model

Hainan Airlines A330?

I'll pay that.

post-104736-0-24615100-1380090868_thumb.

post-104736-0-86625300-1380090879_thumb.

post-104736-0-01475800-1380090891_thumb.

post-104736-0-59204700-1380090861_thumb.

Definitely an A330 ... Airbus A330-223

But I've got it listed as a Hong Kong Airlines. That said ... I checked out Hainan Airlines and the livery is identical ... and the plane was previously leased to them. Here

Mr GrantSmith ... well spotted ... clap2.gif

Must be BA then.. QF don't have the 777...

No wait... Air France...

^^ If only Hainan Airlines had Hosties like Nok ... w00t.gif

Good airline Hainan. Flown them a couple of times. My account manager in Beijing got married to a guy who works for them. Nice couple. Spent their honeymoon on the Khaosan Road and Patong. I told them to go to Kamala.