Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

^^ If only Hainan Airlines had Hosties like Nok ... w00t.gif

Good airline Hainan. Flown them a couple of times. My account manager in Beijing got married to a guy who works for them. Nice couple. Spent their honeymoon on the Khaosan Road and Patong. I told them to go to Kamala.

You are awarded the salacious 2,000th reply to this thread ... please contact george for a free T-Shirt.

george ... are you listening .... laugh.png

Failing that ... I'll buy you a beer.

I wonder who the 1,000th post was ... probably owe them a beer also ... heck ... I hope it was me!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ come on ... admit it transam ... you just like blowin' things up!

smile.png , nooooo, l just love flying machines designed to do a job, what ever the period they were conceived. smile.png

747 Jumbo is still my favourite long haul machine.

Australian woman sitting next to me yesterday says the A380 is OK, but even with all that space you can still end up sitting next to the toilet.

Bums on seats I suppose.

^^ come on ... admit it transam ... you just like blowin' things up!

smile.png , nooooo, l just love flying machines designed to do a job, what ever the period they were conceived. smile.png

747 Jumbo is still my favourite long haul machine.

Australian woman sitting next to me yesterday says the A380 is OK, but even with all that space you can still end up sitting next to the toilet.

Bums on seats I suppose.

My favourite must be Concorde, It could still be flying if Virgin was given the chance. sad.png

I saw a very lonely one at LHR yesterday.

Speaking of CanadaAir, they were the maker of an early type 'Drone' aircraft.

cl_327.jpg

The CL-227 Sentinel is a remote-controlled unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) made by Canadair.

It displays a distinctively unusual bulbous hourglass profile. Lift is provided by a set of coaxial rotors emanating from the waist of the system.....

Just sharing because it's so different from what we see today as 'drone' aircraft and, for me, an amazing bit of engineering.

Very interesting. That's the first time I have seen that.

Korean Air A380? Wild West guess that one...

A380 is correct but it is not Korean Air.

Hint: Flew into Singapore late August. However on the way out, in September, the counter clerk mentioned they would not be flying it to Singapore in the near future. We were relegated to the B777 on the flight home.

Must be BA then.. QF don't have the 777...

No wait... Air France...

Well done. The photo is of the 'Media Lounge' in Classe Affaires Air France A380.

post-170438-0-88337400-1380099966_thumb. Boarding in Paris

post-170438-0-67303600-1380100631_thumb. Seating

post-170438-0-35343200-1380100665_thumb. Come on, the French can do a meal!!

During taxi and takeoff, a camera located on the top of the tail played out the scene outside on our TV monitors. Unlike other jets, the initial pressure felt when taking off was very minimal. I did not feel like I was being pushed back into my seat. Very smooth. Very pleasant ride from CDG to SIN.

My favourite must be Concorde, It could still be flying if Virgin was given the chance. sad.png

If they changed their ways, maybe they wouldn't be lonely. Ohh wait, were you talking about the airplane or the virgin?whistling.gif

A380 is correct but it is not Korean Air.

Well done. The photo is of the 'Media Lounge' in Classe Affaires Air France A380.

attachicon.gif2013-08-29_16-49-43_624.jpg Boarding in Paris

attachicon.gifIMG_1077-web.jpg Seating

attachicon.gifIMG_00000124-web.jpg Come on, the French can do a meal!!

During taxi and takeoff, a camera located on the top of the tail played out the scene outside on our TV monitors. Unlike other jets, the initial pressure felt when taking off was very minimal. I did not feel like I was being pushed back into my seat. Very smooth. Very pleasant ride from CDG to SIN.

^^ ... Jealous.

anyone have some spare frequent flyer points ... I would be an appreciative recipient ... biggrin.png

If they changed their ways, maybe they wouldn't be lonely. Ohh wait, were you talking about the airplane or the virgin?whistling.gif

Both spud. It's called 'double entendre' in French I believe.

Air France used to do a nice Concord too.

Nice one transam.

Hey. That Corrs plane looks just like the one my Dad used to drop paratroopers out of on to one rai of land in a storm, in the dark, with anti-aircraft fire and Fokkers at 2 'o'clock.

Anybody fancy a gin and tonic at Mach 2?

Plane Spotting 2 ...

PSP 2 #008

Good time to spot this one because it's been in the news of late ... for the wrong reasons.

That would be Nordwind Air proud carrier of drunken russian holidaymakers since... I don't know when tongue.png

Aircraft I think is a 767-300...

... and I reckon you'd be correct ... well spotted Mr Smith ... clap2.gif

The news article I referred to was the ... drunken-russia-tourists-learn-bangkok-lesson-in-manners

So its a ...

Norwind Airlines, Boeing 767-3Q8/ER

Crappy photos as it well away from the lens ...

post-104736-0-48794400-1380189200_thumb.

post-104736-0-44825200-1380189211_thumb.

post-104736-0-80504000-1380189218_thumb.

post-104736-0-41627200-1380189192_thumb.

Flight Data

Just today one of my military aviation friends in UK sent me several pictures of these long tail boats taken in Laos, anybody guess what they are, what they came from and maybe even the time frame.

I thought they are quite interesting photos.

post-22250-0-54229200-1380203715_thumb.j

post-22250-0-33351200-1380203739_thumb.j

post-22250-0-89765000-1380203764_thumb.j

Just today one of my military aviation friends in UK sent me several pictures of these long tail boats taken in Laos, anybody guess what they are, what they came from and maybe even the time frame.

I've seen pictures of these long tail boats made from wrecked aircraft from the Vietnam war before. I think it was on the Thailand and the Vietnam War thread started by theblether.

Great post ... I've never seen them before.

Could they fuel tanks which have been adapted for a different type of transport?

The most interesting stuff is provided by you guys that I never get to see.

Airline, please...

IMG_0261.jpg

Humm ...

Most likely a Chinese Aircraft.

So I'll put for the obvious ...

China Airlines (they connect to your home country)

Airbus A340-300

Taken on the return journey home from Thailand ... you have a copy of The Nation (george would be happy) on your knee.

China Southern was considered because they also link to your home country, but they mostly fly the A320's

China Airlines (they connect to your home country)

Airbus A340-300

Taken on the return journey home from Thailand ... you have a copy of The Nation (george would be happy) on your knee.

China Southern was considered because they also link to your home country, but they mostly fly the A320's

Hmpf..coffee1.gifdry.png .. You guys are good.

IMG_0260.jpg
Edited by Dancealot

Great post ... I've never seen them before.

Could they fuel tanks which have been adapted for a different type of transport?

The most interesting stuff is provided by you guys that I never get to see.

Yep you got it, made from F105 Drop tanks from aircraft deployed in Thailand from Korat and Takhli

Nice to see them being put to good use at last

post-22250-0-73402300-1380254873_thumb.j

post-22250-0-19695700-1380254897_thumb.j