Pictures Of Your Homecountry Car That You Would Have Imported If You Could Have

submaniac

Every thing I ever drove (save oone old mail jeep) before I came to Thailand had the wheel either on the left or in the center, so I wouln't have any of them here.

Anyone remember changing oil every 3K, tune-up every 10K, brakes every 30K a valve job every 70K and a long-block every 120K? How about no air-conditioning, manual windows and locks? I’ve gotten pretty used to all the “stuff”.

People usually remember old cars as being a lot better than they actually were. I loved my '53 Ford F-100 (and a few others), but for a daily driver? I think not.

This is the car I will have to sell in this coming year when we move to LoS. I should be selling it about now but just can't bring myself to do it. Four years old and sits in the garage (still less than 30,000 kms / 18,000 miles on the clock!). It is a Holden SSV Commodore, exported to the States as a Pontiac G8 GT and the Middle East/South Africa? as a Chev. L98 (or LS2 really) 6.0 litre V8, six-speed manual and goes like a rocket. Yes indeed, gonna be a sad day.

post-164009-0-58066100-1356704084_thumb.

the only mods I've made to it are the over-the-radiator air intake and a 3'' cats-back exhaust. Apart from that, pretty much showroom floor.

post-164009-0-52907900-1356704077_thumb.

Apparently the wife's turbo diesel JK (her pride n joy) is to be loaned/sold cheaply to our son during our absence. Don't ask me, I've been left out out of those negotiations LoL

post-164009-0-49022000-1356704468_thumb.

although he already has his beloved Hilux - which he'll keep to bash around the bush with.

(I got his permission to post this pic)

post-164009-0-75244600-1356704082_thumb.

Edited by Songhua

I used to have one exactly the same before I bought a boat in 1998.

The colour was great... it would change hue depending on where the sunlight hit it.

Great sound system too... my kids loved it.

Alas, I had to replace it with a V8 in order to tow the boat.

Did yours have the automatic seat belts? Open the door and a motor in the door pulled them away. Close the door and they automatically wrap to you. Cute feature until you get your arms crossed wrong as they are closing. biggrin.png

Or god forbid, your head bah.gifannoyed.gif Passive restraints......................My buttocks! post-4641-1156693976.gif The most aggressive restraints I've ever encountered rolleyes.giflaugh.png ..

Again.

edit darn...again

It say attach and I do but as you can see..no pic

edit 2 spoke too soon. There she is.

Yep sometimes forget myself you have a 3rd step to posting jpegs. After attaching then you also have to confirm adding to the post..

God forbid, your head bah.gifannoyed.gif Passive restraints......................My buttocks! post-4641-1156693976.gif The most aggressive restraints I've ever encountered rolleyes.giflaugh.png ..

biggrin.png

Never did catch on it would seem. wink.png

Fortunately, they were more like a medieval punishment then a passive restraint.. Beheading anyone?? 1zgarz5.gifsmile.png Yes, as I recall, I think it was my Eclipse that had one and it attempted a beheading of me every chance it got, it was particularly aggressive and quick not unlike a guillotine..

God forbid, your head bah.gifannoyed.gif Passive restraints......................My buttocks! post-4641-1156693976.gif The most aggressive restraints I've ever encountered rolleyes.giflaugh.png ..

biggrin.png

Fortunately, they were more like a medieval punishment then a passive restraint.. Beheading anyone?? 1zgarz5.gifsmile.png Yes, as I recall, I think it was my Eclipse that had one and it attempted a beheading of me every chance it got, it was particularly aggressive and quick not unlike a guillotine..

Warning!!!...don't take it seriously...it never happened...wink.png

This is one of the 3 cars I had to leave behind.Kept holding on for it for approx 10 years after I moved here but at the end decided it was better to let it go.

The second one was a similar one in green and the third a M3 convertible with a lot of Sonderwunsch added to it

post-163350-0-09796200-1356713077_thumb.

biggrin.png

Warning!!!...don't take it seriously...it never happened...wink.png

That was quite disturbing and while THAT may have never happened obviously wink.png , many people wore them without the lap belts and got similar results sadly sad.png .. One major reason they never caught on..

Neither much good for carting rubber or new water tanks though.....smile.png

I like the Olds thumbsup.gif

lol

..that is a stock pic...mine was dark blue with tonneau..white leather seats, nodding dog on the back shelf and an orange on the aerial..lol

Drove it up the top end of Newfoundland on the then dirt road, holed the gas tank and repaired it with a bar of soap every couple of

hundred miles all the way to Vancouver and still got 10 miles to the gallon ....lol

For those who don't know, its a 1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint. The quickest production saloon car of its day.

Never had a Dolly Sprint...but did put the engine from one into the ex's TR7...what a mistake that was...frightened me to death w00t.gif

Perhaps the quickest in England.

In the 70s Ford Australia were making something called the Falcon GT, a racing car, thinly disguised as a family saloon.

The Dolomite wasn't even close in performance.

post-18822-0-27361000-1356975912_thumb.j

Edited by Old Croc