Hillary Clinton Missing As G O P Refuses To Confirm Kerry As Secretary Of State

webfact

Several of the candidates since Eisenhower would have old-time thinking people rolling their eyes.

A Catholic, then a peanut farmer, then a movie actor, then a couple of pot smokers, then a black man (actually half black). For a couple months in 2008, Americans were looking at Sarah Palin as quite possibly being a heartbeat from the presidency.

A few years from now, Michelle won't seem like an odd choice.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michelle Obama in 16 is not only an odd choice, it's an IMPOSSIBLE choice. She has not been actively political as first lady and she has NO political office experience whatsoever. Yes she is respected as a strong black woman role model, but also more as a FASHION ICON than anything else. I agree Palin was a horror show but she had been a Mayor and of course significantly a GOVERNOR of a state. The democrats bench may be kind of thin this time, but it ain't anywhere near THAT thin. If Hillary runs and Biden doesn't yes she will face some opposition from actual legitimate experienced candidates. They'd have a small chance of beating Hillary. One of those candidates won't be Michelle Obama. It's not remotely conceivable that she's running.

Edited by Jingthing

Several of the candidates since Eisenhower would have old-time thinking people rolling their eyes.

A Catholic, then a peanut farmer, then a movie actor, then a couple of pot smokers, then a black man (actually half black). For a couple months in 2008, Americans were looking at Sarah Palin as quite possibly being a heartbeat from the presidency.

A Catholic who was a Senator, a war hero, a Pulitzer Prize winning author and had hugely wealthy and influential father behind him BARELY got elected.

A Peanut farmer? A graduate of the US Naval Academy ( very prestigious) and a naval officer. A Governor. An active member of the party.

An actor? Active in politics for decades and governor of California (arguably equal to head of state of some countries).

Pot smoker? Seriously? Bill Clinton is one of the most gifted politicians EVER. And a Governor.

You HUGELY oversimplify the issue and mischaracterize the people in question. And to see the facts regarding Mrs Obama as they are has nothing to do with old- time thinking.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 2

As I said if Biden runs and Hillary doesn't, Biden is very vulnerable. If it's basically Biden vs. Hillary, Biden won't win which is why I doubt he will run if Hillary runs. Yes I think Hillary has this on a platter if she wants it. Yes gender politics is part of it. We've done the African American president thing, that is old hat now, people are more than ready for a lady president so if Hillary is game she can at least be confident of the demo nomination. Even most of her opponents can't deny she is VERY qualified.

Not sure who the elephants will put up yet. Rubio is in play. They think that solves their Latino "problem" but it doesn't.

Hmmmm, once the debt hits 20 trillion and inflation caused by the "easing" soars, if they haven't solved the unemployment situation, a deaf dumb and blind kindy kid could win the presidency for the Republicans regardless of whoever the Dems put up.

4 years is a long time in politics.

As there hasn't been a dedicated thread about the hearings, thanks JT, for giving me the opportunity to say that seeing the fawning sycophantic toadie Dems spouting hours of drivel, most of which had nothing to do with Benghazi had me reaching for the barf bag.

BTW, I did watch a portion of the Senate hearings from the begining, and ALL of the lower house proceedings. IMO, it was all a complete waste of time, as we learned NOTHING that we didn't already know. Rep Duncan was the only one that gave her a real grilling- good on him. Sen Paul was the only one I saw in the Senate that asked hard questions, and she definitely didn't like it!

Of course we didn't learn anything new - because there is nothing else. Accept it. You can invent as much nonsense as you wish but that still doesn't make it reality.

Johnson (R-Wis) was an ass. Hillary clocked him several times because he interrupted her every answer because he didn't like what he was hearing. He is the model Republican narcissist, interested only in hearing his own voice and his own question.

There's nothing, accept it . . . or the black helicopters, captained by President Blackenstein, will come hovering silently one night

So, tell me:

1/ why Obama told the UN it was about a vdo when he knew it was terrorism- he told us that he said so the "next day" when he was debating Romney?

2/ who changed the talking points that Rice used?

3/ why, when Obama claimed that he ordered a military response to the attack, nothing was done?

4/ who ordered the CIA not to intervene?

5/ who ordered the DOD personnel to leave prior to the attack?

Where are the survivors of the Benghazi attack? There were quite a few of them, 20 or 30 and so far none has been heard from.

That's what we'd all like to know. Makes one think that there might be a "conspiracy" to stop them talking to the press.

Michelle Obama's chances of running for president in 2016: ZERO.

Shouldn't that be "winning the nomination"?

Mark my words. There are those that think if she gets the top job it will mean another 8 years of de facto Obama leadership. Or they might try to change the constitution to give him another shot.

Michelle Obama in 16 is not only an odd choice, it's an IMPOSSIBLE choice. She has not been actively political as first lady and she has NO political office experience whatsoever. Yes she is respected as a strong black woman role model, but also more as a FASHION ICON than anything else. I agree Palin was a horror show but she had been a Mayor and of course significantly a GOVERNOR of a state. The democrats bench may be kind of thin this time, but it ain't anywhere near THAT thin. If Hillary runs and Biden doesn't yes she will face some opposition from actual legitimate experienced candidates. They'd have a small chance of beating Hillary. One of those candidates won't be Michelle Obama. It's not remotely conceivable that she's running.

Palin: the nearly new governor - just elected governor before being picked for the ticket - who then bailed out 1/2 way through her first term shortly after the failed election. So her real credentials was being mayor of Wasilla! population 7,000 PLUS!!! woohoo

Governor of a small state - population wise - with only a single congressional district.

Governor of a state that gives money back to the citizens due to all the oil revenue - over 90% of the states income! Now that's got to be some tough budgeting - figuring out how to give money away. Forty-nine other states would love to have that problem.

Getting elected is easier than actually doing the job.

Edited by qdinthailand

A Catholic who was a Senator, a war hero, a Pulitzer Prize winning author and had hugely wealthy and influential father behind him BARELY got elected.

A Peanut farmer? A graduate of the US Naval Academy ( very prestigious) and a naval officer. A Governor. An active member of the party.

An actor? Active in politics for decades and governor of California (arguably equal to head of state of some countries).

Pot smoker? Seriously? Bill Clinton is one of the most gifted politicians EVER. And a Governor.

You HUGELY oversimplify the issue and mischaracterize the people in question. And to see the facts regarding Mrs Obama as they are has nothing to do with old- time thinking.

Calling Bush Jr. a pot smoker was too kind. Where does his cocaine and boozing busts fit into the picture? And his being AWOL from guard duty - his draft avoidance scheme? Nice to have a daddy who can bail you out of the tough spots. Not to mention his predilection for bankrupting successful oil businesses in his lead-up to bankrupting his country!

Calling Bush Jr. a pot smoker was too kind. Where does his cocaine and boozing busts fit into the picture? And his being AWOL from guard duty - his draft avoidance scheme? Nice to have a daddy who can bail you out of the tough spots. Not to mention his predilection for bankrupting successful oil businesses in his lead-up to bankrupting his country!

I am not a GW supporter by any measure, but at least he didn't bankrupt the entire country, like his succesor is attempting to do. 17 trillion and counting!

I am not a GW supporter by any measure, but at least he didn't bankrupt the entire country, like his succesor is attempting to do. 17 trillion and counting!

So Obama is responsible for all of the 17 Trillion debt? As I said previously, it was the Shrub that bankrupted the country. It's Obama's job to clean up the mess. He's actually cut government spending - at the same time revenues dropped into the toilet. Name another president who has managed that. (you can't , of all the recent presidents).

• Like 2

So, GW left with the economy happily pumping away, full employment . . . everything hunky-dory. rolleyes.gif

That's what we'd all like to know. Makes one think that there might be a "conspiracy" to stop them talking to the press.

No, that's what a few like-minded zealots would like to 'know'.

You see, the problem lies in continuously asking questions grabbed out of thin air and then expecting others to address them . . . and when you don't get the answers you want for these made-up questions these people go off on another cover-up rant.

I didn't even bother mentioning that dismissing G W Bush - son of former POTUS etc - as a "pot smoker" was just silly.

Mark my words. There are those that think if she gets the top job it will mean another 8 years of de facto Obama leadership. Or they might try to change the constitution to give him another shot.

WOW. I know there are such people - just as there are people who believe that the Queen of England is lizard - but I never expected to come across one on TVF.

You see, the problem lies in continuously asking questions grabbed out of thin air and then expecting others to address them . . . and when you don't get the answers you want for these made-up questions these people go off on another cover-up rant.

Just for your information, this question was asked of Hillary in the House hearing. She admitted talking to only one of the survivors.

None of the 23 have been identified nor have any of them been heard publicly or by Congress. They are out there but, rather like aliens, they can't be found.

WOW. I know there are such people - just as there are people who believe that the Queen of England is lizard - but I never expected to come across one on TVF.

A Congressman (D) from New York is currently proposing a change to the Constitutional 22nd amendment that Obama and future Presidents can serve more than two terms.

It will never happen.

Edited by chuckd

Just for your information, this question was asked of Hillary in the House hearing. She admitted talking to only one of the survivors.

None of the 23 have been identified nor have any of them been heard publicly or by Congress. They are out there but, rather like aliens, they can't be found.

I did watch the relevant parts of her demolition of cretins like Paul . . . the other 23 left Rammstein for the US quite a while ago . . . have you ever thought that privacy issues could be a part of this, or are you adamant that everyone involved, even at the very periphery should be publicly named and paraded around?

I think an alien mind thinks solely of conspiracies . . . how much farther do you want to take this? It has run its course - get over the fact that Blackenstein is every American's President and that nothing is perfect.

I spent 18+ years in that environment (parents) and to think that we can make every building safe from attack is ludicrous . . . and wanting to have facts before making definite statements seems like the right thing to do - the exact opposite of just throwing mud, hoping it will stick for a while until the next load of garbage gets thrown

• Like 1

Most of them probably spooks for the CIA. And you want them to come out into the light of day? What you smoking?

The CIA would probably like a lot of this 'investigation' into a nothing more than tragic situation - not a scandal - to just go away so they can get on with business.

A Congressman (D) from New York is currently proposing a change to the Constitutional 22nd amendment that Obama and future Presidents can serve more than two terms.

It will never happen.

Ah, proof that Republicans don't have a monopoly on stupid congressman!

So Obama is responsible for all of the 17 Trillion debt? As I said previously, it was the Shrub that bankrupted the country. It's Obama's job to clean up the mess. He's actually cut government spending - at the same time revenues dropped into the toilet. Name another president who has managed that. (you can't , of all the recent presidents).

Yeah, people apparently do not get that Obama's hands were a bit tied there for while. Every top economist, the Fed, Wallstreet and etc were saying that cutting certain programs an eliminating Bush's tax cuts would have thrown a weak economy back into recession. Do people not understand how bad things really were? All of our large national banks were insolvent! All large national banks had and had failed along with the largest insurer that had reinsurance on just about every segment of our commercial industry and also reinsured blocks of losses for smaller insurance companies.

Seriously does not get any worse than that and I though the only thing to do for long term recovery was just let everything fail and naturally fix itself. The only other option was figure out way to pump money into the abys of debt to keep banks solvent to try and save housing market and maintain some consumer confidence to stop a run on banks for cash that could not be met.

I think the Fed, who I don't like, and the government did the impossible and should be commended, yet a bunch of sour puses still continue to complain.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

It will never happen.

Ah, proof that Republicans don't have a monopoly on stupid congressman!

None was needed. (When was there any doubt in the mind of reasonable and informed people?)

Haha, exactly what cospiracist are all about. Everything from UFOs to Bigfoot is a US government coverup to these guys and the political self declared pundits who create cover up due to the need to convince themselves they are right and the candidate they did not vote for was wrong.

These individuals are probably rolling their eyes at such ridiculous notions and would presumably be part of national security if they were there in the first place. I doubt US is waterboarding our own guys or putting them in chains in shackles to keep them from exposing the truth.

Wow, threads like these really open eyes to a thought process I never experience in day to day life. Perhaps because I steer clear of some instead of trying to understand the disconnect.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

It will never happen.

It turns out this same congressman has been proposing this change to the 22nd Amendment since his first term in 1996: twice while Clinton was pres, 4 times under Bush, and now his First Time while Obama has been Pres. And you say this is for Obama? You make stuff up - or you believe all that wing nuttery crap of the World Net Daily!

Of course he makes this crap up . . . it's all they have. It is far easier to simply make something up and throw it up the flagpole or just completely chop and change something and then claim it to be a 'quote'.

It's all they have

• Like 1

It will never happen.

It turns out this same congressman has been proposing this change to the 22nd Amendment since his first term in 1996: twice while Clinton was pres, 4 times under Bush, and now his First Time while Obama has been Pres. And you say this is for Obama? You make stuff up - or you believe all that wing nuttery crap of the World Net Daily!

Of course he makes this crap up . . . it's all they have. It is far easier to simply make something up and throw it up the flagpole or just completely chop and change something and then claim it to be a 'quote'.

It's all they have

I really appreciate both of you calling me a liar. That goes down well with the responses you usually provide.

Sigh...NO, I did not make it up. Saw it on the Drudge Report a couple of days ago and added it in.

I notice you replied to my post before you looked it up, though.

Now, Sing-Sling, you have posted this sentence which is highly offensive to me personally:

" It is far easier to simply make something up and throw it up the flagpole or just completely chop and change something and then claim it to be a 'quote'."

I challenge you to find a quote I have "completely" chopped up or changed in any manner in even one of the over 5,000 posts I have on this forum. Failing to do that or unwilling to try and locate one, an apology from you should be forthcoming.

Up to you but your credibility is on the line here. Do you want to prove me wrong or is everybody to presume that you are, indeed, a liar?

There was an interesting article in yesterday's LA Times. It is now being debated and discussed on CNN Int'l extensively as I watch.

Hillary Rodham Clinton leaves her post as secretary of State next month with a split judgment on her diplomatic career: She's won rave reviews from the American public and the president, but maybe not a prominent place in the diplomatic history books.

I think I agree with these quotes.

But scholars and diplomatic insiders say she has never dominated issues of war and peace in the manner of predecessors Dean Acheson or Henry Kissinger, or laid down an enduring diplomatic doctrine.
"If you go down the line, it's tough to see what's happened in world politics over the last four years that wouldn't have happened without her," the official said. "So it's tough to see how she gets into that category of truly great, transformational secretaries, like Acheson and [George] Marshall," who presided over U.S. foreign policy in the years after World War II.

I do agree that she has successfully changed US engagement diplomatically away from G.W. Bush's aggressive go it alone in spite of what allies think approach, and has put diplomacy back in the State Dept. I would say she has been a good steward of the position, and it has greatly increased her political currency and popularlity, but on the merits as Secretary, I'd agree she has not been a transformational figure.

But here is her coup:

Job approval ratings for the former senator and first lady are at stratospheric levels, suggesting that her four years as chief U.S. diplomat could be an important asset if she runs for president in 2016.

http://www.latimes.c...86.story?page=1