Images Of Chiang Rai

mcgriffith

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was more interested in a ride than taking pictures, so I left my camera at home today. Fortunately one is never really without a camera as long as you have your phone with you. This is the first chance I have had to shoot this relatively new method of preparing rice seedlings in our area, so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. This is their second year and the only other place I have come across this in near Wiang Chai on the way to town. It may be common elsewhere, I don't know.
They grow the seeds in trays, keep them wet and later use a small machine to transfer the seedlings into the field.
edit: For some reason the image of the planter didn't show up.

10483971_10204290902895819_1420632742800

10428343_10204290903575836_6559516652307

10463639_10204290903455833_8354252568356

Here is the rather odd looking planter.

rice%2520%2520001.jpg

is not mine but it shows the process in Chiang Mai.

There are some really interesting videos of indian rice with similar machines one of which gives a run down on savings on seed of about 80% and of course the labour.

• 3 weeks later...

The floods have receded and things are back to normal. The neighbors were out planting today and I got a few shots of them taking a break in our front yard.

Workbreak%2520%2520001.jpg

Workbreak%2520%2520003.jpg

No releasing of the hounds then VF :D

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Great shots, villagefarang. It would be appreciated if you visited/posted on Shaggy's Farm Photo thread. Could you make an exception?

I was shown this in CR, I wouldn't be able to find his myself without help. wai.gif

14443224918_fe81a5631d_b.jpg

Great shots, villagefarang. It would be appreciated if you visited/posted on Shaggy's Farm Photo thread. Could you make an exception?

I was shown this in CR, I wouldn't be able to find his myself without help. wai.gif

Shaggy has something like 4x the page views and 10x the posts so maybe I am need more here. You guys are doing just fine without my meager contribution.

Still a lot of farmers doing it the old way. This lady said she was getting paid one baht per bundle because it was family but in our area they claim to get 1.20 baht per bundle. If you are fast you can make more than the 300 baht daily wage.

MTB%2520%2520002.jpg

MTB%2520%2520003.jpg

Love the pictures VF, we were in CR for a few days over the weekend and I was really taken with the place, again, it's a far more beautiful place to visit/live than CM, especially at this time of year.

Love the pictures VF, we were in CR for a few days over the weekend and I was really taken with the place, again, it's a far more beautiful place to visit/live than CM, especially at this time of year.

Glad you enjoyed your visit and like the pictures. I of course agree with you that CR is a nice place to live but I also enjoy popping over to CM to shop, eat and visit with friends.

Shaggy has something like 4x the page views and 10x the posts so maybe I am need more here. You guys are doing just fine without my meager contribution.

oh come on, VF ! .... I rarely remember to come and take a boo here....and really enjoy when I do thumbsup.gif ..... you could add a few images to farm photos too.... wink.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived