The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You didn't want to appear "cruel" on your own, yet you're happy to join a pack and pile on... 

Please accept my apologies for piling on but the Bake and Brew breakfast abomination photo got my back up.  

Edited by torturedsole

On 5/31/2020 at 6:25 PM, smedly said:

irover on LK Metro is worth a look 

IMO the best breakfast in Pattaya

I prefer Casa Pascal on Second Road but iRovers would be second for me.

However, I go to Retox on Lengkee for the Baht Buster special the most since it's good value at 99 baht.  FTR, I don't touch the black pudding.  

Honorable mention to the LK Empress breakfast buffet but that's really more a brunch than regular breakfast.

I may be shot down for this but imo the worst is the much overrated Lek hotel breakfast buffet.  Tried it when I first came to Pattaya because of reviews and never returned.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

However, I go to Retox on Lengkee for the Baht Buster special the most since it's good value at 99 baht.  FTR, I don't touch the black pudding.  

gone

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

I prefer Casa Pascal on Second Road but iRovers would be second for me.

Honorable mention to the LK Empress breakfast buffet but that's really more a brunch than regular breakfast.

I may be shot down for this but imo the worst is the much overrated Lek hotel breakfast buffet.  Tried it when I first came to Pattaya because of reviews and never returned.  

Retox Lengkee closed. My mate stopped at LK Empress (Areca Lodge had no rooms) last year. Reckoned the breakfast was one of the worst he'd had in a Thai hotel.

Lek hotel has had a terrible reputation for food for many years.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Lek hotel has had a terrible reputation for food for many years.

This was around 7 years ago. I'm pretty sure I read good reviews back then.  

My mate stopped at LK Empress (Areca Lodge had no rooms) last year. Reckoned the breakfast was one of the worst he'd had in a Thai hotel.

Your friend must have higher standards than I have.  Not many Thai breakfast buffets have roast duck that I've come across.  

Edited by AlexCanada
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlexCanada said:

Your friend must have higher standards than I have.  Not many Thai breakfast buffets have roast duck that I've come across.  

He wouldn't touch Thai food. Hates it. When he's on holiday, he wants a full English, or near to it. LK Empress didn't float his boat. Moreover, his Thai girlfriend wasn't particularly impressed with the Thai food.

He wouldn't touch Thai food. Hates it. When he's on holiday, he wants a full English, or near to it. LK Empress didn't float his boat. Moreover, his Thai girlfriend wasn't particularly impressed with the Thai food.

When I said Thai breakfast I meant a breakfast in a restaurant in Thailand. I'm not a fan of Thai food either and IIRC there is no Thai food at the LK Empress breakfast buffet so I have no idea where his girlfriend ate.  

Edited by AlexCanada

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Where would you recommend for breakfast, your only comments about where people discuss seem to be complaints!

My favourite used to be Simple Simons Jomtien Soi 5. Pig and Whistle Soi 7 was good too. Retox Soi Honey when it first opened was a regular for me. All either gone or a shadow of their former selves. I'd really struggle to name a great breakfast in Pattaya now.

Edit:

Breakfast in photo above (Cheap Charlies) looks worth a try.

Tropical on Soi Khao Noi is good and has a great selection, the kippers and scrambled eggs are excellent. Noticed it had reopened yesterday.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 2

Actually, if a person plans The Lek around 1130, they never have to eat more then that 150 b meal for the day.

Less, if you buy coupons.

Buffet they have eggs, toast, ham, salad, fruits, unlimited coffee.  And, if you ask the guy will make fresh eggs for you.

But also have lunch type offerings such as whole pieces of chicken, curries pork and chicken, fried rice, etc.

It is not my favorite place probably just got tired of it I have not gone for awhile. Also gets hot no aircon.

But, if someone wants a buffet style load up with a lot of food for a low price, it works.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually, if a person plans The Lek around 1130, they never have to eat more then that 150 b meal for the day.

Less, if you buy coupons.

Buffet they have eggs, toast, ham, salad, fruits, unlimited coffee.  And, if you ask the guy will make fresh eggs for you.

But also have lunch type offerings such as whole pieces of chicken, curries pork and chicken, fried rice, etc.

It is not my favorite place probably just got tired of it I have not gone for awhile. Also gets hot no aircon.

But, if someone wants a buffet style load up with a lot of food for a low price, it works.

There maybe a lot of food at Lek but a lot of it is re-hashed and stale...I am not a picky eater at all and I stress not at all......But Leks buffett has served stale food for years.....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

There maybe a lot of food at Lek but a lot of it is re-hashed and stale...I am not a picky eater at all and I stress not at all......But Leks buffett has served stale food for years.....

It is not the greatest place I agree.  But, a lot of people seem to go.

Never thought I ate stale food there though.

Never found worms in anything.

But, whatever.

Edited by bkk6060

10 minutes ago, hackjam said:

They do now have those awful Perspex dividers on tables.

TROPICAL thumbnail_IMG_1322.jpg

If the divider can not be removed...I refuse to eat at any restaurant with a divider....This is just nonsense...  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

If the divider can not be removed...I refuse to eat at any restaurant with a divider....This is just nonsense...  

totally agree, dividers between tables is ok but a divider between you and your company down the middle of a table has got to one of the stupidest things ever, ok some busy Thai restaurants might have single eaters sitting at the same table which I wouldn't argue against

• Like 2