The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Boy let me tell you the.... For Rent, For Sale, For lease, Closing, Closed signs are sprouting like weeds all over town......Its getting worse not better....

It wasn't good before Coronavirus. Now, with no tourists likely to be around for some time, what do you expect?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, hackjam said:

Went to Retox Game on last Monday and had their daily special.

Had the chicken pie, came with homemade chips, beans and a boat of gravy.

Pies are homemade, a really good meal and outstanding value at 199B.

RGO have some good value daily specials.

pie   humbnail_IMG_1977.jpg

Went back today, had the mince beef and onion pie, superb. 

2 hours ago, champers said:

Went to Benjamit coffee shop; off Sou Bukhao; for the first time today. I have seen it highly reccommended on here. My Americano was smooth as silk and I like the fact that they serve hot milk with your coffee rather than cold. The apple cake was especially delicious and so it should be at 65 Baht a slice. The place was packed and Grab drivers were in the premises, so deliveries must be available. Very nice to see somewhere so busy.

We also buy our roasted beans from there. It's a good example of how quality always survives.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 2:47 PM, champers said:

Went to Benjamit coffee shop; off Sou Bukhao; for the first time today

I have been there twice.  The second time was hoping to enjoy some coffee in a semi quiet atmosphere.  But both times got it to go there seems to be a group of loud mouths acting like it is a booze bar who frequent there.  They seem to think they own the place all had the same European accent no need to identify the country.  

The coffee was good, but have had similar quality other spots in town without the noise.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2020 at 2:31 PM, samtab said:

What is Jasmine ? and why is it clean ? do we see the kitchen from the restaurant ? or it is only clean in people mind ?

I agree that we should only eat where the kitchen can be seen from the restaurants, and I consider as idiots most restaurants owners who do not understand this.

Also stupid the ones who still do not understand that we need photos on the menu. How can they be so ridiculous ? Maybe because customers also are ?

I even preferred Foodland restaurant when there was a plastic film to separate the staff and the customers, but now they removed it.

It's just like the masks that so many people need so long time to understand. Now showing a kitchen or having anybody facing you ready to spit on you is so unhygienic.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, bkk6060 said:

I have been there twice.  The second time was hoping to enjoy some coffee in a semi quiet atmosphere.  But both times got it to go there seems to be a group of loud mouths acting like it is a booze bar who frequent there.  They seem to think they own the place all had the same European accent no need to identify the country.  

The coffee was good, but have had similar quality other spots in town without the noise.

The bets coffee (i do not speak about atmosphere but coffee) is at 7/11 anyway. Just test the espresso at most places and you will understand that 711 coffee is clearly the best quality. For 25 thb only.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SePl said:

The bets coffee (i do not speak about atmosphere but coffee) is at 7/11 anyway. Just test the espresso at most places and you will understand that 711 coffee is clearly the best quality. For 25 thb only.

I agree.  I get it all the time freshly ground for 25 b may be the best deal in town.

• Like 1

I quit trading with Starbucks about 5-7 years ago (for reasons unrelated to quality) but I imagine the same people that claim Starbucks coffee is the worst Thailand are probably the same people that claim McDonald's is the worst burger in Thailand.

Is there better coffee and better burgers in Thailand? Absolutely. But anyone claiming they are the worst clearly either doesn't get out much or is just blinded by bias. 

I'll have to try the 7-11 product, only coffee I've ever had there was the B10 red-cup instant....

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I quit trading with Starbucks about 5-7 years ago (for reasons unrelated to quality) but I imagine the same people that claim Starbucks coffee is the worst Thailand are probably the same people that claim McDonald's is the worst burger in Thailand.

Is there better coffee and better burgers in Thailand? Absolutely. But anyone claiming they are the worst clearly either doesn't get out much or is just blinded by bias. 

I'll have to try the 7-11 product, only coffee I've ever had there was the B10 red-cup instant....

Mc Donald burgers are ok because I will never pay 300 baht for any burger at any supposed great burger place. And now even McDonald is too expensive for what it is. Starbucks are cheaters from the start and only idiots would support them, I agree.

Try 711 coffee, but only take espresso to know the real taste, even if you had your own milk, its a lot better than choosing their latte or any other thing.

And what do you think about Kiss food ? I read many negatives here from supposed experts who cannot explain why they think that Thai food is better somewhere else. I do not eat Thai food anywhere as most chef think about themselves as cook artists when they actually know nothing. At Kiss they are not asked to know anything, they are just told to follow the same recipe that is written, and nobody is interested in their culinary art !

• Like 2

Actually a few of Sbucks food items are ok for a snack.  Some of the muffins are good.

The coffee I will say is the worst in Thailand for the price.

It is one thing for Thai girls a photo opportunity for Facebook holding up a Frappucino posting it makes them feel hiso.

I ordered an Americano and they dispensed premade from a metal spout not made fresh.  Then even added hot water to it.  So, cheap and lousy can't even make a fresh ground coffee?  Get a Cappucino literally 95% foam and a small shot at the bottom.  Paying their employees 1 buck an hour rip off joint.

Mcdonald's is the worst burger in Thailand for the price.  Sorry, another lousy cheaply made US fast food joint charging California prices and paying 1 buck an hour to their workers. Smelly garbage junk should be outlawed.