The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Going down memory lane the very first burrito I had in my life was coincidentally a wonderful very wet loaded super burrito on Mission Street San Francisco. Run by a Mexican family.

The taquerias on Mission were legendary and I guess still are. Made many a trip over there myself and pigged out. Fond memory, yes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK. I always get mine quickly and fresh as they know me. As I said I pimp it up with Chipotle hot sauce and avocado. They do indeed come with some pickled Jalapeños and some salsa Fresca inside that includes cilantro. I do agree that it needs more spice which is why I add my own hot sauce. As far as the soggy compaint they do add some ranchero sauce which makes them a semi wet burrito. Wet burritos are a style of burritos. I happen to like that style but also like regular style. They do have regular dry burritos on their menu too. The ones not labeled as Supreme are not wet. I probably should have emphasized the wet aspect before.

Too bad you didn't have a good experience. For others that want to try it themselves as I said before I do recommend it with grilled steak which they have every day.

Thanks, inspired by your information I think I will give it another try later, dry this time. I wasn't aware of the wet versions. The jalapeno poppers I had for sides were really good.

12 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Thanks, inspired by your information I think I will give it another try later, dry this time. I wasn't aware of the wet versions. The jalapeno poppers I had for sides were really good.

I actually haven't tried their dry not supreme ones there so let us know. I think the regular burritos at Taco Taco are pretty good though expensive and they are definitely better in house where you can get all the different kinds of salsas that you want. In the world of burrito of course wet style is definitely much less common. I'd say most burrito places don't even do wet style.

Btw if it makes you feel any better a while back I ordered chicken enchiladas on special from hotmeals2u.com listed as having ranchero sauce. You need sauce for enchiladas. It was near their closing time so the kitchen forget the sauce. Ended up tossing it.

Edited by Jingthing

Thank you for Beza pizza buy 1 get 1 free, 2 pizza for 200 is a good price.

And what about pasta? Where can you find cheap good pasta or ravioli ?

Most restaurants buy fresh pasta and ravioli from pattaya wholesalers for 300 baht  / kilo, so selling an empty dish (seen on photos here) for 250 is way overpriced.

where can we find a big italian pasta dish for 200 ? 

Any idea ?

thank you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yahooka said:

Who is now under new management and named Pulcinella.

Yes. 

I should mention that I don't personally like the ravioli there. But it is low cost and they have several varieties.

An example of a similar pasta that I like is the not cheap tortellini at Marcos Jomtien. Also on apps.

http://www.marcospattaya.com/menu.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

Had a look at the new Witherspoons on Beach Road today at 1pm. Huge place with loads of TVs and builders still working to make the place even bigger. Looked at a menu. 180 Baht for a bacon butty (£4.50).Thanks but no thanks.

The place had zero customers in; far too pricey for pub grub. I hope they succeed but they are making it very difficult for themselves.

Thanks for the mention.

I was considering going down there, from naklua, easy enough.

Doubt I will now.

Yes, the prices some places charge for quite basic pub food seems very high to me.

I pay 1/3rd that price ( bacon sandwich) just round the corner from me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. 

I should mention that I don't personally like the ravioli there. But it is low cost and they have several varieties.

An example of a similar pasta that I like is the not cheap tortellini at Marcos Jomtien. Also on apps.

I have had a look at the menus of both.

Pulcinella does seem to be good value, with a lot of variety.

Location not convenient, cannot think of how you would get there by bahtbus .

Marcos also looks good, their pizza prices more or less in line with what I pay, as are their cold cuts starters.

I used to sometimes go to Alby& Mickeys on soi bukhao  for tortellini, about 250 baht, very good.

That was a long time ago though and I have not heard or seen mention of them for ages.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, hackjam said:

Try Punch and Judy

CLEARLY the only honest Italian restaurant in Pattaya, but maybe prices are so good because it is still new ?

NOWHERE else you will find such good prices for the same quality food as the most expensive Italian restaurants which all are cheaters.

Pulcinella is the only place where you can find so many different kinds of pasta for 150 thb / dish.

Maybe other restaurants that want to survive should follow these steps ? or just close, because anyway this is what they deserve for cheating people for so many years.

Pulcinela kitchen is also open until midnight EVERYDAY, unlike most of the losers in this country.

https://www.facebook.com/Punch-Judy-Pulcinella-102906894687031

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d20328152-Reviews-Pulcinella-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

90260915_114805226816224_7616632068570611712_n.jpg__nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeEfYuHVI3mjoM3xEJ4yVb_VGEUnVL-PBV4YRSdUv48FXp1gZB63J7ALWFEh6snZ4nqEKWPwPJJ-i53CSVBR9lC4&_nc_ohc=Z8ZfGWIN-MwAX8DY-eO&_n.jpg

90111700_114805236816223_1699487330319990784_n.jpg__nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeFd1bpKaoiPUlFudif2PU9m8ILCyLSL3UHwgsLItIvdQShMPlmKEkjX9XfWNrrvazLVNIXAN-j2ZYP1mumE7fvz&_nc_ohc=5O8R71HQlIgAX89dgEd&_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. 

can you explain how anybody who knows italian food would not like food at pulcinella ?!

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes Pulcinellas location isn't convenient. Hungry Now delivers for free and their prices don't seem inflated as some apps do. 

But comparing the two overall the quality is going to be better at Marco's including their pizza.

I tried the "Italian" hamburger at Marco's of all things and it was excellent. But it better be for about 400 baht 

everything is ridiculously overpriced at marco, i will never go again, you are just dreaming that quality is better. so funny expert you are.

• Thanks 1