The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

15 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Sending  messages to regular customers is not a lot of help for somebody who hasn't been before.

I like to check the whole menu before I go somewhere for the first time.

So you never eat anywhere that does not have an online menu? What did you do before the internet?

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So you never eat anywhere that does not have an online menu? What did you do before the internet?

Can't remember, and when I lived in the UK I didn't eat out that much so normally went to my favorite restaurants.

2 hours ago, henry2109 said:

I bet you do not know the restaurant and did not even eat there a single time. Why secrete rubbish then?

Well he might have done and you would not know.  He could then have written a subjective comment citing personal experience, instead of that cryptic one. You are likely correct.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Perhaps I'm just a "heathen" but the only thing on that table that looks reasonable to me is the cutlery. These "three string beans round a chicken's kneecap" type meals don't appeal to me at all. Each to their own of course.

Bangers and mash with proper onion gravy....that,s the stuff to put lead in yer pencil :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Exactly. Bangers & mash, liver & onions, mince & dumplings etc

Liver and onions is good for you, with boiled taters, cabbage and carrots. Pig and Whistle did a decent version; with bacon; but both their places are now history.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Perhaps I'm just a "heathen" but the only thing on that table that looks reasonable to me is the cutlery. These "three string beans round a chicken's kneecap" type meals don't appeal to me at all. Each to their own of course.

These are usually part of a multi-meal menu, not eaten as stand-alone meals. Not sure if that was the case there.

Edited by DrTuner

29 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Perhaps that's my problem. I'm a carnivore. My wife once asked me if I could eat vegetarian food and I replied of course I can sweetie, as long as there is a $hit load of meat on the plate as well.

Italians do have some proper man food, like the chunk of meat they BBQ next to the fire (Bistecca alla fiorentina). But I wouldn't opt for Italian joint for proper K9 session.

Are there any Argentinian restaurants in town?

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Zico's used to be fun: 

Though the Pattaya branch didn't quite match the standard of the Samui branch. Neither quite reached the standard of Porcao Rio in Rio. ????

Yes it was good when they still had the free flow wine. Went downhill from there. I haven't seen new Brazilian restos since.