Siam Royal View

RAZZELL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that Siam Royal View have started a development on Koh Chang...

Do any TV members have any experience of them in Pattaya?

Many thanks

One of the best built developments in Pattaya. The people are friendly (even though they are German - smile) and seem to be in it for the long haul.

Everything 100% above board.

• 4 years later...

I live there ... :D

The 'development' in Pattaya is struggling (which is a real pity), the following are facts ...

1. Over 50 - yes 50! home intrusions / burglaries in the last 6 months!! Even to the extent that owners cars have been loaded up with goods from their houses and driven out of the village. Some houses have been 'hit' 2-3 times in as many weeks?? The boundary wall isn't even finished and the lighting is very poor! :D

2. A large percentage of the residents (especially the permanent ones), are virtually at war with the developers - there are multiple law suits ongoing .. :D

3. The foreign execs (from Switzerland), who represent SRV are disrespectful and dismissive to the residents requests for help or complaints and disinterested in the whole concept of 'after sales care' :D:D they are rude and aggressive ... thats when they bother to respond :D

4. Money seems to be an issue for the devlopers - many tradesmen will no longer supply them and many houses under construction seem to be 'stalled'

4. Speaking from experience - I would be very careful about believing the 'hype'

5. The advertised infrastructure - clubhouse / retaurant, gym, shops, maid service etc just doesn't exist :)

I also know many unhappy customers with similar issues who have bought in Koh Chang ..

On a positive note - the house designs are really lovely and the build quality seems to improve month to month ... :D

What happened with the realy huge house,I think 3 or 4 floors and over 1000 sq meter,an american was building in there a few years ago.There was a coverstory in some realestate magazine for some months but the story got discontinued when the house was in a 50% building stage.

Did it ever got finished?

A good friend lives there and his opinion is the same as SiamSoidogs.

The huge house is still unfinished, I can see it from my house, I went for a walk around it one day, truly would be stunning if ever finished, I would say undoubtably the best views on, and off the eastern seaboard, huge place.

I do read about allot of robberies there (not surprising given the neighborhood...upper Kao Talo is very ghetto) but I'm sure the toffs who live there can afford to participate in a little Thai income re-distribution scheme :)

Nice elephants (white?) too.

You'll find the views of some residents on the SRV Homeowners Board. Looks like the place is a magnet for burglars.

On Koh Chang the development is still plodding along.

Reading the link, it's a bit like people living in the Bronx. Sad to move into your dream home and be worried about being robbed all the time.

• 2 months later...

What happened with the realy huge house,I think 3 or 4 floors and over 1000 sq meter,an american was building in there a few years ago.There was a coverstory in some realestate magazine for some months but the story got discontinued when the house was in a 50% building stage.

Did it ever got finished?

The owner, sold it back to the estate, apparently the son of the developer bought it. The OLD owner is stil around but I won't mention his name.

• 1 month later...

I have a house in Koh Chang. i think it is fine

I am also having a house built at SRV Pattaya. Slow but I think it will be good when finished

First post? Troll????

First post . What is troll?

Somebody who has just joined and wants to stir things up...or to post good info about a development they are associated with. Sorry if that is not you, but this happens all the time on the internet.

The 'development' in Pattaya is struggling (which is a real pity), the following are facts ...

1. Over 50 - yes 50! home intrusions / burglaries in the last 6 months!! Even to the extent that owners cars have been loaded up with goods from their houses and driven out of the village. Some houses have been 'hit' 2-3 times in as many weeks?? The boundary wall isn't even finished and the lighting is very poor! :D

2. A large percentage of the residents (especially the permanent ones), are virtually at war with the developers - there are multiple law suits ongoing .. :D

3. The foreign execs (from Switzerland), who represent SRV are disrespectful and dismissive to the residents requests for help or complaints and disinterested in the whole concept of 'after sales care' :D:D they are rude and aggressive ... thats when they bother to respond :D

4. Money seems to be an issue for the devlopers - many tradesmen will no longer supply them and many houses under construction seem to be 'stalled'

4. Speaking from experience - I would be very careful about believing the 'hype'

5. The advertised infrastructure - clubhouse / retaurant, gym, shops, maid service etc just doesn't exist :)

I also know many unhappy customers with similar issues who have bought in Koh Chang ..

On a positive note - the house designs are really lovely and the build quality seems to improve month to month ... :D

Very sorry to hear about your problems there. But I am curious...can you tell me how these robberies are happening? Do the homes have alarms? If so, how are they getting around these? I would sure appreciate your thoughts on that...as I live in a development where we have had a few break-ins lately. One house was cleared out, but the owner admits the alarm might not have been turned on. Another was done in broad daylight and they just walked in and took a few items...with the owner of the house right there! Scary...

Very sorry to hear about your problems there. But I am curious...can you tell me how these robberies are happening? Do the homes have alarms? If so, how are they getting around these? I would sure appreciate your thoughts on that...as I live in a development where we have had a few break-ins lately. One house was cleared out, but the owner admits the alarm might not have been turned on. Another was done in broad daylight and they just walked in and took a few items...with the owner of the house right there! Scary...

The first point I would make is that alarms do not stop someone if they wish to get in - there is always a way around. However alarms are good to deter the "chancer", example the delivery boy who finds nobody in when he knocks.

There is also the matter of the area on lives, example Siam Royal View in Pattaya is in a bad area and crime will take place there - no matter what security.

Sorry but we are now living in an age when people want something for nothing so will try and help themselves.

I have a house in Koh Chang. i think it is fine

I am also having a house built at SRV Pattaya. Slow but I think it will be good when finished

First post? Troll????

First post . What is troll?

Somebody who has just joined and wants to stir things up...or to post good info about a development they are associated with. Sorry if that is not you, but this happens all the time on the internet.

I have no interest in SRV except the houses

JolyonB

Then you will be fully aware that some of the houses in Kho Chang are three years behind completion with no sign of being finished any time soon.

I agree with Craig. I smell a Troll, or is it a rat.

Edited by Oink

I am also a homeowner in SRV Pattaya and Koh Chang. Recently, many of the homeowners have organized themselves into a de-factor association to work together with the developer in Pattaya to address some common concerns (security, stray dogs, etc). I also sit on that association.

There is now an ongoing and positive dialogue happening between the developer and the homeowner association - things are moving in the right direction with some nice new announcements coming up. The current economic situation has likely contributed to slow sales, which has hindered on going development of the compound. Yes, there are some things that need addressing, but it is clear that a huge majority of the homeowners are committed to working together to improve the situation. Regular association meetings are now happening, improved communication and understanding, etc., we are hoping that this trend continues and that SRV Pattaya will be one of the nicest and most admired compounds in Pattaya. That is the ultimate goal of the homeowner association, and we are working hard to achieve that goal.

Gil

I am also a homeowner in SRV Pattaya and Koh Chang. Recently, many of the homeowners have organized themselves into a de-factor association to work together with the developer in Pattaya to address some common concerns (security, stray dogs, etc). I also sit on that association.

There is now an ongoing and positive dialogue happening between the developer and the homeowner association - things are moving in the right direction with some nice new announcements coming up. The current economic situation has likely contributed to slow sales, which has hindered on going development of the compound. Yes, there are some things that need addressing, but it is clear that a huge majority of the homeowners are committed to working together to improve the situation. Regular association meetings are now happening, improved communication and understanding, etc., we are hoping that this trend continues and that SRV Pattaya will be one of the nicest and most admired compounds in Pattaya. That is the ultimate goal of the homeowner association, and we are working hard to achieve that goal.

Gil

Are you just a homeowner there or are you actually the developer or at least part of the management? :whistling:

Gil

Are you just a homeowner there or are you actually the developer or at least part of the management? :whistling:

Just a homeowner, looking to protect my investment in the home purchase. I happen to believe that if SRV is managed properly, its a great place to live. Close to Pattaya, great highway access, wide roads, killer views, etc. The current challenges facing SRV have to do with overall management of the compound, ensuring a lively and active homeowner association, and continued infrastructure development.

After reading in this Develope'rs Communities Web Site (SRV). All I can say is that it would be very bad idea to buy a property in this development!

There have been many break ins of people's homes and even Home Invasions. A Home Invasion is a robbery of a home when the residents are present. Not very nice retirement living if you think about that. Especially as we get older.

The Developer did not even place a high priority in finishing the perimeter wall. This resulted in the community not being able to be basicaly secured. The development is in the midst of a bad area. It is obvious that it will take more than an average perimeter wall to secure this village. Unless the developer takes very strong security measures, using the best technology, and professional expertise available. You will never be safe here!

My advice is run don't walk away fom buying here, and beware of big man speaking with forked tongue. It appears that they make big promises that are not kept.

Just a homeowner, looking to protect my investment in the home purchase. I happen to believe that if SRV is managed properly, its a great place to live. Close to Pattaya, great highway access, wide roads, killer views, etc. The current challenges facing SRV have to do with overall management of the compound, ensuring a lively and active homeowner association, and continued infrastructure development.

Killer views? Not in the places I've visited, inless you sit on the roof.

i konw the original sales brochure promised killer views but the actual built result was a high wall around your property, and also around the one in fron t of you, so all you see is a wall from your garden.

i konw the original sales brochure promised killer views but the actual built result was a high wall around your property, and also around the one in fron t of you, so all you see is a wall from your garden.

Some of the people who are complaining about the development dont acually live there then. may be they just read each others web postings

Come on! Most of the posts on these threads (even the critical ones) say that they actually have great views. You seem to contradict everyone else on this thread. Actually having a look at the site yourself may be the easiest way to verify your contention.

^been there many times and unless you have a house high up on the hill overlooking all the others, or maybe the row farthest down the hill (not been there) then all you see sitting in your garden is your garden wall.

If you sit on the roof of the sala you can see over the roof of the house opposite and have a view.

Also very sorry to hear that your village was also affected by robberies. This is a nuisance and deteriorates the quality of life considerably. Therefore, I think that the story of what actually happened at SRV might be quite useful to develop a successful strategy for your village, too.

It is correct that there was a series of robberies at SRV last year which lasted exactly until April 17, 2010. None of the robbed houses had an alarm system installed. Insofar it was "low hanging fruits". In some cases, doors or windows had even been left open. An alarm system indeed does help, and especially in times of economic downturn, a certain minimum of self-protection is indeed recommended. Security guards are on site within minutes when an alarm goes off.

It turned out that the robberies were committed by some of the staff of the security company which was hired at the time to secure the compound. After one of the robberies, the culprits were caught red-handed with stolen goods in possession and arrested by police, but they were released on bail after a few days. It was also interesting to learn that the robbers had usually come in over the finished sections of the perimeter wall directly into the private gardens of homes, which cannot be accessed by security unless there is an alarm. It was also interesting to learn that all of those involved in the robberies tested positive on drugs: it is a systematic approach of drug lords to initially give drugs free of charge to certain people until they are addict and then "teach" them how they can make money to pay for the drugs, in this case to rob houses.

The SRV management changed the security company, but the robberies started again.

However, the senior management of the new security company (former police) worked closely together with the local police, and that collaboration helped to have the culprits being arrested (again), and this time kept behind bars without bail granted. It turned out that it was the same group of former staff of the old security company that had been arrested before! The guys are to date still behind bars, and it looks like they are facing a 10 year or so sentence.

Since then(6 months ago), not a single robbery at the Siam Royal View compound.

Draw your own conclusions as to what actually works and what doesn't in terms of security management. We are in Asia, and in Asia, relations are everything. It looks like the word is out in the robbery community that they better not mess with this compound anymore. These bad guys do indeed talk to each other. Also, have the security staff tested for drugs from time to time.

Edited by VictorStone