Bangkok Bank Account Suspension?

Does anyone know if Bangkok Bank suspends or closes accounts after periods of inactivity? A friend of mine opened an account when he lived in Pattaya but money recently sent via BuaLuang to that account is not posting although they have the sms message saying it has. The account has been inactive for maybe 6 months after he moved to Chiang Rai. He called the Pattaya branch and they said that they couldn't do anything and my friend would need to come to the Pattaya branch to get their money. I suggested he take his ID and passbook to the BB main city branch in Chiang Rai and see if they can sort it out inter-branch rather than an unwanted trip to the beach.

Anyone have experience of this or similar 'out of province' banking issues with BB?

I had an account at Bangkok Bank in Phuket I used when I came as a tourist. I had no activity for a few years before I moved to Thailand. After settling in Chiang Mai, I went to the main branch to open an account and asked them to transfer my Phuket account into it. Was no problem and did not have to go to Phuket.