Visit A Thai Jail

Foexie

And if you're still not convinced -

Where did you get the idea that she would spend 800 days in jail?

I am 100% sure that when she received a 30 day sentence that everybody totally understood that it was 30 Days, not 800 Days. Why did she tell you that she would be in prison for 800 Days?

She has lied to you in order to get money from you.

If you cannot see that now, then I am afraid that there is no hope for you.

You are badly scarred sick.gif

Not badly scarred, but experienced.

Did you not read this thread?

His "GF" told him that she would be in jail for 800 days and that it would cost 240,000 Baht to get her out.

Now, from his own investigation, he finds that she is actually sentenced to 1 month.

If you can't spot the lie then i'm afraid that there is no hope for you either.

If he sent the 240K, she would stay in jail because that is probably more than she can earn in 2 years and what would she prefer, paying the money to get out of jail or staying in jail for the rest of her sentence and having the money in her bank account. How many others has she used the same sob story on?

I read the thread & your posts stood out as you have been cut deep & badly scarred ,no shame you have admitted it...I wish you well in your cynical misery.Happy new mear xxx

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying focused here is important, so i will objectify for you:

Foexie: Never EVEN consider selling your house because of her. And this;

Dont let your feelings get a hold of you. I feel you allow your feelings to cloud your rationality.

On one side i admire your perseverance in your relationship and you sound like a great partner who would go through great lengths to take care of your spouse. All in all she sounds like a whole lot of trouble to me and i speak to you from experience.

I see it makes you feel good to stay with her so nobody can tell you to leave her. Do what makes you feel good.

You can keep a clear mind at finances because you chose to choose for your mother. Please use this power to keep your hand on your wallet and show your chivalrous character instead and try to go to her and meet her and make her feel good in these troublesome times.

Happy new year and best of luck to you

Hi Dancealot,

selling my house would be the last thing i could do to get enough money to buy her out if needed. The reason why this comes in my mind is because i have not really a reason anymore to stay here. My mom she passed away september 18. So after taking care of her for months i just ended up with a huge dark hole. And i just have a small family with who i have almost no contact.

I did always planed to move to Thailand one day. But the only problem i will have now is what to do for a living. The money from my house would never be enough for staying in Thailand for 30,40 or more years. Depending how old i will get. And putting it a business like my gf had before can also be a risk. See what happened with her.

So i don't wanna end up beeing broke in Thailand in a few years and then need to return to Belgium, find a new job when i'm almost 50 and start a new here.

But thx for your concerns. I appreciate it.

My best wishes for you and your family too,

Foexie

And if you're still not convinced -

Where did you get the idea that she would spend 800 days in jail?

I am 100% sure that when she received a 30 day sentence that everybody totally understood that it was 30 Days, not 800 Days. Why did she tell you that she would be in prison for 800 Days?

She has lied to you in order to get money from you.

If you cannot see that now, then I am afraid that there is no hope for you.

You are badly scarred sick.gif

Not badly scarred, but experienced.

Did you not read this thread?

His "GF" told him that she would be in jail for 800 days and that it would cost 240,000 Baht to get her out.

Now, from his own investigation, he finds that she is actually sentenced to 1 month.

If you can't spot the lie then i'm afraid that there is no hope for you either.

If he sent the 240K, she would stay in jail because that is probably more than she can earn in 2 years and what would she prefer, paying the money to get out of jail or staying in jail for the rest of her sentence and having the money in her bank account. How many others has she used the same sob story on?

I read the thread & your posts stood out as you have been cut deep & badly scarred ,no shame you have admitted it...I wish you well in your cynical misery.Happy new mear xxx

Thx Kipper. Happy new year for you too.

Hey Foxxie, you've recieved some good advice here, both positive advice and negative, it's good to take both the positive and negative replies and consider the whole scenario by yourself based on how well you consider you really do know her, it does appear that you've been lied to from where I'm standing, but some of the initial communication between you and your gf regarding time in jail or how much thousand or hundred thousand baht etc,, could possibly be put down to language barrier mistakes, but from the outside looking in it looks suspiciously like another scam, if I'd been home in Thailand I would have considered helping you if requested since I'm very close to Ayuthaya,, unfortunately I'm currently out of the country working for another 3+ weeks,

Anyway be careful in your judgement, best of luck and a happy new year

don't understand the gf family attitude, they are not able to communicate english that's fine but what's so difficult to get on the phone someone who speaks english and explain him the whole situation, what happened, where his gf is, for how long etc, it's just matter of simple logic.

instead they are just angry with him he didn't pay 240k. they must really think all farangs are stupid

Ok good folks,I also need some advice now.Foexie sent me a message with the number of his g/f's brother AND his g/f's number.What do you think is the best plan of action?

I have a gut feeling that this is a scam but for Foexie's sake I hope that this story is true and crazy as it sounds I hope that his g/f is in prison.

I don't want this to sound all cloak and dagger but what do you all think is the best way of going about it?

Shaggy

Its a predicament with a slightly cruel twist that we all kind of hope the op's gf is in jail. Poor thing, ask her brother what prison shes in, then ring the prison ask if shes in there. Theres not much else I can think of. I mean if her brother says mind your own business then perhaps Shaggy say your missus is friends with the op and the op is really concerned about his gf but felt it was to hard to talk to the brother with the language barrier.

Ok everybody,

i'm happy and sad now because i found an answer.

My gf is accualy in jail. I did call the Tourist Police to help me find out. Seems that my gf is sentenced for 1 month and is locked in in the prison of Ayutaya.

So for all who supported and encouraged me thank you all so very much.

For all who believed she was a scammer it's ok. If i heared a story like this maybe i would believe this too. But at the end it turned out my gf did not lie to me. And there fore i'm happy. So maybe you guys can give some persons a little more credit even when they have all ods against them.

I wish you all the best for the new year. For me it will be a very lonely one but i have somebody to think off.

Thx all for your help,

Best regards, Foexie

Disregard my last post Foexie. Its kind of a cruel twist of fate that you are not happy so much but slightly relieved she is in jail. I understand. Yes foexie, you have made some that have very little faith in Thai girls, hopefully regain some and start to believe thats their good and bad everywhere. I also believe she does indeed live with her brother, up until recently my sister lived at my house. Its a common thing to help your family out and share costs. Hope you can sort it out with the poor girl and good luck with it all. Feel free to keep us updated in the future.

Regards, Krisb.

Well It does seem like the family was trying to scam you.

You dont seem to have acknowledged that fact in your posts.

The good news is you didnt end up paying them anything.

The bad news is you dont seem to realise that this is a very bad sign for your future with this girl.

Your girl may not be all that bad but like many of these girls the family will have more control over her than you ever will and they seem to be bad news.

I would get away from this one as it will only lead to more trouble.

• Like 1

240,000 baht for using illegal software ? C'mon , the whole thing just doesn't add up.

Very FIshy !!

My wifes brother killed a young kid that was riding on the back of his parents motorbike. Brother in law was thrown in jail in BKK and released after paying 100,000 baht to the family.

My point is how can the op's girl be getting fined 240,000 baht for illegal computer software?..hard to fathom.

Thai fines and sentences sometimes have little sense of reality. A Thai street vendor was recently given a similar huge fine and about a decade in jail. His crime was selling copy vcd's.

The case was covered by TV somewhere.

Correct. He was given a massive fine and everyone thought it was way out of proportion to the 'crime'.

Something like the poor old bugger who's phone was used to text something illegal. He went to jail where he died, but did'nt even know how to text ! So do not look at everything from a european prospect !

COME ON MAN THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT

Typical story and it all smells like Buffalo Dung

Too many inconsistencies and those that have lived here for many years the alarm bells are RINGING LOUD and I for one think you are being taken for a ride and the fact that she refused 30,000 would be the exact ploy because she is going for the big payday.

Why would her family not tell you which prison she is in ??? Dont make sense if it was me and I thought she was lying (and i do) I would say please where is she I will pay the money but want to know which jail she is in THEN YOU WILL SEE IF ITS TRUE most likely answer is they will try to get you to send it to them

You are on thin ice and will most likely be bled dry and do not even consider EVER selling your house for a thai woman until you have been with her full time for several years and even then I would advise against it.

You have been offered service by one of the members here I suggest you take it and I am sure you will then find out the truth which I am guessing you will not like

Good luck you will need it

DK

PS Living with her Brother let me translate that for you to English LIVING WITH HER THAI BOYFRIEND

Agreed.. Thai Girls do this all the time. Turn down money, in the hope of more later. Pay for breakfast in the hope you will pay her rent. Its classic. They are TRAINED at this.

"I dont want your money"... (she just wants a house and a car.. etc)

Wake up mate - seriously

Otherwise pay an investigator.. probably cost you 10,000 baht max to find out if shes actually in prison.. and if so, what she actually did.

Have to bay 240k for installing pirate software on a computer. How could they even prove she installed it? What software was it anyway?

This story is utter rubbish, sorry to burst your bubble

Private investigator.........no bloody way! more expense not needed. Just leave it with shaggy1969 at least, he is one of us and i am sure can be trusted !

Staying focused here is important, so i will objectify for you:

Foexie: Never EVEN consider selling your house because of her. And this;

Dont let your feelings get a hold of you. I feel you allow your feelings to cloud your rationality.

On one side i admire your perseverance in your relationship and you sound like a great partner who would go through great lengths to take care of your spouse. All in all she sounds like a whole lot of trouble to me and i speak to you from experience.

I see it makes you feel good to stay with her so nobody can tell you to leave her. Do what makes you feel good.

You can keep a clear mind at finances because you chose to choose for your mother. Please use this power to keep your hand on your wallet and show your chivalrous character instead and try to go to her and meet her and make her feel good in these troublesome times.

Happy new year and best of luck to you

Hi Dancealot,

selling my house would be the last thing i could do to get enough money to buy her out if needed. The reason why this comes in my mind is because i have not really a reason anymore to stay here. My mom she passed away september 18. So after taking care of her for months i just ended up with a huge dark hole. And i just have a small family with who i have almost no contact.

I did always planed to move to Thailand one day. But the only problem i will have now is what to do for a living. The money from my house would never be enough for staying in Thailand for 30,40 or more years. Depending how old i will get. And putting it a business like my gf had before can also be a risk. See what happened with her.

So i don't wanna end up beeing broke in Thailand in a few years and then need to return to Belgium, find a new job when i'm almost 50 and start a new here.

But thx for your concerns. I appreciate it.

My best wishes for you and your family too,

Foexie

Rent the house, come to Thailand and see if you can manage on the income, others do.

Happy new Year Foexxie. It's indeed cruel that saying 'good to know that she is in prison' has some of a positive meaning in this story..

If you have some spare money I would consider going to Thailand, see her in jail or wait till she's free again. If she is indeed not accepting your money, she probaly already accepted the 1 month in prison. I know Thai prisons are not very comfy, but I think she might come out quite OK being in there for 1 month. If you see her in real life (better yet for yourself to actually see her sitting in the prison for your own mindset) you can work out what is happening.... With her.. Not her brother, father, mother or whatever....

Best of luck. And very sorry to hear about your mother.

if not already mentioned doesnt a foreigner need to provide their passport to

visit inside a jail here ?

Not always. One time I took a few people to visit someone. I filled in the form, as you do, but the officer at the desk wasn't interested in their details being added to the form and waved them away. Maybe it was because he had seen me before and he knew I lived here. That said, any foreigner going to visit someone in prison would be advised to have their passport with them.

Not always. One time I took a few people to visit someone. I filled in the form, as you do, but the officer at the desk wasn't interested in their details being added to the form and waved them away. Maybe it was because he had seen me before and he knew I lived here. That said, any foreigner going to visit someone in prison would be advised to have their passport with them.

Unless the guards know you.clap2.gif

Finally .............how did Shaggy1969 get on with his efforts ?

Exchanged a few PM's with Foexie yesterday to get all the details my g/f needed to make the call to the brother but in the mean time it turns out that he managed to get in contact with his g/f's brother through another means.I gather that he managed to find out what area she was being held (Ayutthaya) but not the exact prison.I sent him another message last night to offer our help with talking to the prison staff if there was no one there that could talk English.

Happy new Year to you all

Shaggy

• Like 1

Unless the guards know you.clap2.gif

Wouldn't of thought the passport would be an issue seeing as we are supposed to carry one or at least a copy at all times.