Dominos Pizza

eMzyme

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it taste like Pizza Hut pizza in Thailand you can have it.if it taste the same as the pizza's they make in the us then i'm up to it.

I had a pizza at Dukes in Chiang Mai yesterday.

My wish list for 2013 now includes a branch in Bangkok.

Off topic I know but the best I have ever tasted in Asia. :)

Thanks for the replies. I hope it tastes like Dominos in the us/uk and not like Dominos in Australia! Also Hope they do the dipping sauce for the crusts.

I got the UK herb dipping sauce in with the chicken wings. :D Someone maybe ought to point out to them that it's actually for the crust. From what I could see on the website only BBQ sauce was available as a paid extra sauce.

They are UK style dominos pizzas not AUS.

Edited by frankold
  • Like 1

If it taste like Pizza Hut pizza in Thailand you can have it.if it taste the same as the pizza's they make in the us then i'm up to it.

Off topic I know but the best I have ever tasted in Asia. smile.png

I thought they opened a branch in the Emporium on the top floor a few years back. Maybe it has since closed?

@ Spaniel

Yes it closed down this past year. Bad location, hard for anyone to see it. Good food because they used the recipes from the original dukes in CM. However things were slightly different e.g. the prices were a bit higher and the menu was a bit more limited.

I dream of the day Dukes opens a full restaurant in bkk....

Ok back to dominos...im at work and cant open FB. any word on the opening date?

There has been a Dukes in Bangkok for a couple of years.

I get them delivered by chefsxp.com

• Like 1

There has been a Dukes in Bangkok for a couple of years.

I get them delivered by chefsxp.com

when was the last time you ordered? (they closed down several months ago)

How many of you tip delivery guys?

Just asking because most Thais don't give any tip. When in Rome, do like...

I tip 10-20 bt for food delivery, often just giving the change or if it is like less than 8 bt change, ill take the change and give him a 20. Why? I can afford it, makes me feel good, makes him (delivery guy) feel good, and hopefully, just maybe, he will remember me next time. With this dominos pizza order i gave him 22 bt for all of the above reasons plus the simple fact that it was the first delivery to my place and why not give the impression you are generous? how can it hurt you? Yes Will you can do as the Romans do, but I disagree that Thais don't tip; some do, some dont. Im from a tipping culture, and of course ive scaled it back since moving here, but I still believe in the logic behind it. As for the cries of "you dumbass Yank you are ruining for everyone else"...I dont give a flying fart what it does to you.

• Like 2

I tip 10-20 bt for food delivery, often just giving the change or if it is like less than 8 bt change, ill take the change and give him a 20. Why? I can afford it, makes me feel good, makes him (delivery guy) feel good, and hopefully, just maybe, he will remember me next time. With this dominos pizza order i gave him 22 bt for all of the above reasons plus the simple fact that it was the first delivery to my place and why not give the impression you are generous? how can it hurt you? Yes Will you can do as the Romans do, but I disagree that Thais don't tip; some do, some dont. Im from a tipping culture, and of course ive scaled it back since moving here, but I still believe in the logic behind it. As for the cries of "you dumbass Yank you are ruining for everyone else"...I dont give a flying fart what it does to you.

It's funny how you insult your fellow citizen! Well, I'll take it as someone who is having a bad day and is very tired because only illiterate individuals would misunderstand what I wrote!

Of course, you can tip him. Will he remember you? I can't give you an accurate answer because everybody acts differently. From my experience, many don't care and don't give a better service because they previously got tipped. It is just a matter of culture

It's funny how you insult your fellow citizen! Well, I'll take it as someone who is having a bad day and is very tired because only illiterate individuals would misunderstand what I wrote!

Of course, you can tip him. Will he remember you? I can't give you an accurate answer because everybody acts differently. From my experience, many don't care and don't give a better service because they previously got tipped. It is just a matter of culture

i didnt insult anyone? did i? my "dumbass yank" comment was hypothetical...

• Like 1

I dont give a flying fart what it does to you.

I think it is not a very kind statement. At least, not in a polite society...