Putin In Phuket

phuketsub

I heard from a reliable source that Vladimir Putin is in Phuket now. I wonder if this why there are so many 'special' cops on the streets of Phuket Town today. Does anyone know anything about this or what resort he is at? I would like to try and get some pix.

Edited by phuketsub

I admire Putin in some ways, Russia is a very ethnically diverse culture, and I would imagine a hell if a balancing act to steer in any direction with any degree of accuracy. And we have not even gone into the difficulty of being neighbors to some of the worlds most aggressive and secretive countries. One could state that Russia has helped shape its neigbours though.

I enjoyed the fire and brimstone country photos, it showed strength and character. Now if only we could get he and John McCain down to deal with the jet ski scammers after their photo ops, everyone would be smiling, Ruskies and Americans, side by side.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

This is probably just a coincidence, but there were cops on the main highway intersections around 8:00pm last night, and the turnoff to the airport was blocked off for awhile. My wife and I were trying to get to Nai Yang beach to meet another couple for dinner and a New Year's Eve party. When we got to Nai Yang Seafood restaurant, the beach to the north was cordoned off for a private party for 25 russians. They had a very elaborate Chinese dragon dance, fire dancers, an excellent live band, great fireworks, and body guards all around the perimeter of the party are to keep rubber-neckers at a distance. Our waiters said that the party cost in excess of three million baht. Looks like they had a great party (as did we), and who knows, maybe Putin was one of the 25 guests.

I think the princess is on the island.

There were no flags on the Thepsasatri road at least yesterday when the military was already there.

I admire Putin in some ways, Russia is a very ethnically diverse culture, and I would imagine a hell if a balancing act to steer in any direction with any degree of accuracy. And we have not even gone into the difficulty of being neighbors to some of the worlds most aggressive and secretive countries. One could state that Russia has helped shape its neigbours though.

I enjoyed the fire and brimstone country photos, it showed strength and character. Now if only we could get he and John McCain down to deal with the jet ski scammers after their photo ops, everyone would be smiling, Ruskies and Americans, side by side.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

I cant comment on McCain but I'm fairly sure Putin would be demanding a cut of the action

She's staying a Sri Panwa, a favourite of the RF and politicians due to it's proximity to the naval base for security etc. I think Abhisit was the last 'notable' who stayed there a couple of years ago. For serious privacy, the Six Senses on Koh Yao Noi is the one, with their hilltop villa with 2 bedrooms, private pool, 2 butlers and wine cellar coming in at 400,000 baht a night.

She's staying a Sri Panwa, a favourite of the RF and politicians due to it's proximity to the naval base for security etc. I think Abhisit was the last 'notable' who stayed there a couple of years ago. For serious privacy, the Six Senses on Koh Yao Noi is the one, with their hilltop villa with 2 bedrooms, private pool, 2 butlers and wine cellar coming in at 400,000 baht a night.

She obviously isnt that secure. All the expats know her exact movements and budget

She obviously isnt that secure. All the expats know her exact movements and budget

The security at Sri Panwa will be very high. The Six Senses hill top villa on Koh Yao Noi is for those for whom privacy is paramount. I believe that it's a favourite of the Crown Prince, and was also where Cristiano Ronaldo stayed whilst here in July.

The security at Sri Panwa will be very high. The Six Senses hill top villa on Koh Yao Noi is for those for whom privacy is paramount. I believe that it's a favourite of the Crown Prince, and was also where Cristiano Ronaldo stayed whilst here in July.

Its pretty hard to secure a small island, Koh Yao Noi is a dump anyways, all the filth from Phanga bay flowing past there every tide changebah.gif

Its pretty hard to secure a small island, Koh Yao Noi is a dump anyways, all the filth from Phanga bay flowing past there every tide changebah.gif

Doubt that you've ever been on the island let alone the Six Senses. It sits on a small hill and would be very easy to restrict access to. The area between Koh Yao Noi and Krabi are amongst the most beautiful and unspoilt in the region, here's a couple of photos that I took whilst there on my boat on the 29th December:

post-62520-0-55480900-1357349049_thumb.j

post-62520-0-32191200-1357349084_thumb.j

This is probably just a coincidence, but there were cops on the main highway intersections around 8:00pm last night, and the turnoff to the airport was blocked off for awhile. My wife and I were trying to get to Nai Yang beach to meet another couple for dinner and a New Year's Eve party. When we got to Nai Yang Seafood restaurant, the beach to the north was cordoned off for a private party for 25 russians. They had a very elaborate Chinese dragon dance, fire dancers, an excellent live band, great fireworks, and body guards all around the perimeter of the party are to keep rubber-neckers at a distance. Our waiters said that the party cost in excess of three million baht. Looks like they had a great party (as did we), and who knows, maybe Putin was one of the 25 guests.

I had dinner at Nai Yang beach last night with one of the business owners there. She mentioned that the Russian New Year's party was organized for Putin who stayed for a couple of days at the Indigo Pearl. I guess that explains the extravagant production, and all the Russian plain clothes security men around the parameter of the party.

I had dinner at Nai Yang beach last night with one of the business owners there. She mentioned that the Russian New Year's party was organized for Putin who stayed for a couple of days at the Indigo Pearl. I guess that explains the extravagant production, and all the Russian plain clothes security men around the parameter of the party.

I thought I saw a "Pussy Riot" on Bangla Road last night - but aren't they in gaol? :) :)

Edited by NamKangMan

I thought I saw a "Pussy Riot" on Bangla Road last night - but aren't they in gaol? smile.pngsmile.png

nice one...when they are released we should book them for the next Phuket Carnival.