• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He did produce the documents.

Right. Which proved to be forged.

Anyway, yes it is politically motivated but it's hard to feel sorry for Abhisit when the PTP is mimicking the tactics used by his own camp for the past 6 years.

One of the documents had an incorrect date. There is no proof whether this document, a replacement for a lost original, was fraudulently altered or incorrectly issued.

BUT one point is inarguable - as a student he was entitled to a deferment, and after graduation he carried out military service appropriate for his qualifications.

Neither "forged" or "draft dodger" are accurate descriptions, but suit those whose aim is to rewrite history.

Seems he is being harshly treated for what is in essence a typo

The PTP fear Abhisit. They will do all they can to destroy him.

Even if the allegations are true (which I doubt), what harm did he do to the country? What benefit did he provide?

Meanwhile a coward, mass murderer, convicted felon, on the run, was granted back his Diplomatic Passport.

...yeah, this seems fair.

• Like 1

The next step in the reconciliation effort seems to be to ask the Constitutional Court if k. Abhisit can legally be an MP with his military rank stripped and records cleared as if never having served. Nothing personal of course, no one's out for revenge.

Is having a military rank a requirement for being an MP?

Funny thing is... Abhisit still has his rank... only the King can strip him of that (which they don't seem to be asking for)

Just he now won't have any records. Strange but true.

sent from my Q6

He did produce the documents.

Right. Which proved to be forged.

Anyway, yes it is politically motivated but it's hard to feel sorry for Abhisit when the PTP is mimicking the tactics used by his own camp for the past 6 years.

One of the documents had an incorrect date. There is no proof whether this document, a replacement for a lost original, was fraudulently altered or incorrectly issued.

BUT one point is inarguable - as a student he was entitled to a deferment, and after graduation he carried out military service appropriate for his qualifications.

Neither "forged" or "draft dodger" are accurate descriptions, but suit those whose aim is to rewrite history.

Seems he is being harshly treated for what is in essence a typo

the matter is being used for character assassination, and even if the matter is resolved in his favour, will still leave a bad impression on many people, especially the semi-literate and/or uneducated who only absorb the headlines.

I wonder what the maximum compensation awardable amounts to for such a clear case of libel.

The next step in the reconciliation effort seems to be to ask the Constitutional Court if k. Abhisit can legally be an MP with his military rank stripped and records cleared as if never having served. Nothing personal of course, no one's out for revenge.

No but you never know what these oh so impartial committees will come up with next.

Depends if he lied on the application form for being an MP.

Normally lying on an application form is considered cause for summary termination of employment.

Well using a fake document in dealing with a government organisation is usually illegal right? Getting out of doing your national service by faking a document is really pathetic, but those who can in Thailand do so. But if you are going to supposedly "lead" the country, is no one capable in this country of doing anything remotely selfless and dutiful?

Couldn't his old man have got someone to sign off that he was pigeon toed and shortsighted?

• Like 1

No but you never know what these oh so impartial committees will come up with next.

Does anyone know what Officer Selection means here? In the UK I recall 5 continuous "residential" days of torture and being bullied by a CPO

Does the big brother still holds his police rank?

And also hasn't yet kept his promise, to return his medals, curious that ! wink.pnglaugh.png

Sir you leave me amazed at your spin. Have some compassion for Khun Abhisit and understand the extent of the personal cost to him which will affect the rest of his life. Khun Abhisit has seen this coming ever since he was appointed PM. Some of your own Democrat peers have repeated concerns on Khun Abhist in reference to his credentials. I believe that you have commented on this matter yourself,in the past right here on Thai Visa. Maybe you should check that out in case an editorial apology is in order. I doubt that Taksin had anything to do in the matter. Though if he had I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
  • Like 1

It is a requirement for all who serve in government under any capacity whatsoever to have correctly gone through the conscription process; you must answer yes to one of the following:

1) Conscripted

2) Presented yourself but not picked

3) Officially exempted under the exemption clauses.

Quite a few private sector employers make the same stipulation too. Failure to demonstrate evidence of the above can result in funny looks during interviews.

• Like 1

Interesting that it is the minestry of defence that has done this and not the army.

Sure I read some time back that the army had investigated Khun A many years ago and found nothing wrong.

Counldnt possibly be political could it?

Wasn't he stripped of it a couple of months ago by this ridiculous ministry ...? And they are stripping him again ... well there will be 3rd stripping I guess as never 2 without 3... Man this is sooooo ridiculous .. !! And at the end of the day who really cares ... Strip all you want ...! Where is that going to get you ??

Reds / Yellows (your choice) take revenge on Yellows / Reds (your choice).

Next.

Yellows / Reds (your choice) take revenge on Reds / Yellows (your choice).

Next......

Meanwhile, second class citizens keep on insulting second class citizens, because Reds / Yellows (your choice) etc.

Finally, some accountability regarding Thai politicians and their corruption. I couldn't think of a better person to begin with....bravo!

Frankly, Abhisit should resign as an MP for this, it's really a scandal and a disgrace. I hope the public speaks up and demands his resignation.

For what?? The Army concluded years ago that nothing was wrong. It's only political. Same as the push against the BMA sky train extension.

sent from my Q6

The Dem party is the political wing of the junta. Any surprise no case to answer. He is not protesting his innocence in any great way. Silence tells its story. If he lied about this can we believe anything this man says M'lord

Interesting that it is the minestry of defence that has done this and not the army.

Sure I read some time back that the army had investigated Khun A many years ago and found nothing wrong.

Wasn't he stripped of it a couple of months ago by this ridiculous ministry ...? And they are stripping him again ... well there will be 3rd stripping I guess as never 2 without 3... Man this is sooooo ridiculous .. !! And at the end of the day who really cares ... Strip all you want ...! Where is that going to get you ??

A public figure caught lying is effectively stripped of any honour he may....or may not have. Good prosecution titbit for future trials against Abhisit

When did the PTP ? this was a decision taken by an impartial military committee, just like the AEC and it's secretary Atibhodi were acting on their own against Thaksin whistling.gif see how that works.

Just when I start thinking finally we can start having discussions where people acknowledge wrong doing on both sides you come up with this.rolleyes.gif

Further to my earlier response to this, the AEC investigated Thaksin. The Supreme court found him guilty.

In the case of Abhisit, a PTP appointed committee have found that Abhisit used forged document and stripped him of his military record. No court involved.

Hes rather quiet in his defence. Let him protest his innocence. Water tight case undefendable. I am sure he would be available for comment if the Nonsense paper asked 24/7

Huh? In this case, Mr. abhisit used a forged document to obtain his commission. He was caught and lost his commission.

simple as that.

Can you show us the results of the official inquiry which found that Abhisit forged the documents?

Read the MoD report. It was a lawful review, of which Abhisit was unable to offer a plausible explanation for the forgery. Mr. Abhisit got off lightly.

So Abhisit was found guilty and punished by a committee set up by Thaksin's cousin, you honestly don't see anything objectionable about that?

Abhisit was previously cleared by the army of this wrong doing. Do you find anything objectionable about that

Further to my earlier response to this, the AEC investigated Thaksin. The Supreme court found him guilty.

In the case of Abhisit, a PTP appointed committee have found that Abhisit used forged document and stripped him of his military record. No court involved.

Hes rather quiet in his defence. Let him protest his innocence. Water tight case undefendable. I am sure he would be available for comment if the Nonsense paper asked 24/7

He filed a case against Minister of Defence Sukumpol way back in November, 2012. Till that gets going I doubt k. Abhisit will say much more if only because fools and other idiots might complain he's trying to influence courts wink.png

• Like 2

Read the MoD report. It was a lawful review, of which Abhisit was unable to offer a plausible explanation for the forgery. Mr. Abhisit got off lightly.

So Abhisit was found guilty and punished by a committee set up by Thaksin's cousin, you honestly don't see anything objectionable about that?

Abhisit was previously cleared by the army of this wrong doing. Do you find anything objectionable about that

Presumed innocent till found someone to find him guilty ?

• Like 2

A public figure caught lying is effectively stripped of any honour he may....or may not have. Good prosecution titbit for future trials against Abhisit

Caught lying? As in 'found having used a forged document which the defendant might or might not have known'. Certainly completely relevant to other cases in which the defendant needs to be found guilty.

BTW begin of November Minister of Defence Sukumpol approved to strip k. Abhisit of his rank. It seems it took a while to make it effective.

This witch hunt has a good chance a backfiring. After all, how can a person that can barely string two words of English together write a Phd in flawless English? Even more pertinent is that his sister is the sitting PM and also can't speak English yet qualified in a similar manner. Glass houses....stones.

http://www.scribd.co...914/Thaksin-PHD

Once again I am stunned by the sheer incompetence of the opposition to not deal with this irregular paperwork of Aphisits conscription. I don't think anybody is arguing that he avoided his service, after all there is a lot of proof that he did in fact lecture as part of his conscription.

Thanks for that link.... Wow !!!!! I read the first few pages of his dissertation. It is perfectly written by a native English speaker. The odds of Thaksin writing that are about equal to pigs flying past your window as you read this....

So was there any Thai government job Thaksin applied for that would have required his PHD ??

And for any farang who has spent any time here, any group of Thai governmental " representatives" throwing around accusations of cheating and phony documents is sure to bring on gales of laughter... pot black pot black pot black...

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

Does the big brother still holds his police rank?

Thee man you refer to did not forge his enlistment documents. Unlike Mr. Abhisit, he volunteered for his service.

And jumped bail to avoid going to prison after being convicted by a court. Grounds for dismissal in most police forces I would think.

You would think so, although in Thailand you can commit far worse crimes and still remain an MP.

Edited by bigbamboo

This witch hunt has a good chance a backfiring. After all, how can a person that can barely string two words of English together write a Phd in flawless English? Even more pertinent is that his sister is the sitting PM and also can't speak English yet qualified in a similar manner. Glass houses....stones.

Once again I am stunned by the sheer incompetence of the opposition to not deal with this irregular paperwork of Aphisits conscription. I don't think anybody is arguing that he avoided his service, after all there is a lot of proof that he did in fact lecture as part of his conscription.

Thanks for that link.... Wow !!!!! I read the first few pages of his dissertation. It is perfectly written by a native English speaker. The odds of Thaksin writing that are about equal to pigs flying past your window as you read this....

So was there any Thai government job Thaksin applied for that would have required his PHD ??

And for any farang who has spent any time here, any group of Thai governmental " representatives" throwing around accusations of cheating and phony documents is sure to bring on gales of laughter... pot black pot black pot black...

"odds of pigs flying past your window as you read this".

I have that all the time here in Bangkok. Do you mean that's not the case where you live?post-58-0-97069000-1357235885_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"odds of pigs flying past your window as you read this".

I have that all the time here in Bangkok. Do you mean that's not the case where you live?post-58-0-97069000-1357235885_thumb.jpg

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Finally, some accountability regarding Thai politicians and their corruption. I couldn't think of a better person to begin with....bravo!

Frankly, Abhisit should resign as an MP for this, it's really a scandal and a disgrace. I hope the public speaks up and demands his resignation.

For what?? The Army concluded years ago that nothing was wrong. It's only political. Same as the push against the BMA sky train extension.

sent from my Q6

The Dem party is the political wing of the junta. Any surprise no case to answer. He is not protesting his innocence in any great way. Silence tells its story. If he lied about this can we believe anything this man says M'lord

Has Abhisit had the option of of answering yet??? in which we can expect a reply from you???

The people behind this sort of thing probably think they are oh so clever yet are only making fools of themselves and the country. However I doubt that is ever a consideration given how petty Thai politics can be and non-Thais don't understand or matter in any case.

sent from my Q6

Has Abhisit had the option of of answering yet??? in which we can expect a reply from you???

I doubt it!