If You Hate Pattaya So Much Why Read The Forum And Post?

sgunn65

The place is a cess pit , prostitution is illegal ( ha ha ha ) really corrupt town hall, police . and on and on and on. If you you like this environment good luck to you lots of nicer places to live.

You have to wonder a little bit about the motives of people who move there.

Questionable at best. sad.png

Whats so "questionable" about wanting to move here ???

What reasons would one have for voluntarily moving to Pattaya?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The place is a cess pit , prostitution is illegal ( ha ha ha ) really corrupt town hall, police . and on and on and on. If you you like this environment good luck to you lots of nicer places to live.

Among others the opportunity to have a western lifestyle in a safe country with tropical climate wink.png !

It doesn't because thankfully, I do not, and will not, ever, live in Pattaya. You, quite amazingly, cannot understand what was written. huh.png

Forsooth tis not I who fails to understand the Kings English. You wrote, "Thai I was voluntarily choosing to live in Pattaya, "shudder"." If you don't want to answer just say so. I will stop asking. If you don't know why living in Pattaya would make you shudder, say so; I won't ask again. But you did write, "Thai I was voluntarily choosing to live in Pattaya, "shudder"." It is a complete stand alone sentence. So tell us, what about living in Pattaya would make you shudder? If you actually know. If you don't, no problem. But telling me I can't understand, "Thai I was voluntarily choosing to live in Pattaya, "shudder"." Is an insult. I understand it perfectly well.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

1 Being offered a job that is based here.

2 Weighing up the pro's and cons and choosing

3 Wanting to live in Thailand but also wanting easy access to Western food, cinema's etc

4 Wanting to live in Thailand but also wanting to be around people from your own country.

5 Wanting to live by the sea but near to an international airport.

6 Working in the Eastern Seaboard and wanting Western standard housing.

7 Wanting easy access to International schools.

8 Wanting to sail or windsurf.

A few reasons for choosing Pattaya (without wanting to indulge in the sex industry) off the top of my head. I am sure there are plenty more.

'Voluntarily' = Not being a work decision.

For the other reasons there is no need to choose Pattaya over other areas. Areas that don't have the 'issues' that Pattaya has.

Of course those 'issues' could well be the reason for choosing the place.

For the other reasons there is no need to choose Pattaya over other areas. Areas that don't have the 'issues' that Pattaya has.

I think unless you are a slave a work decision is voluntary.biggrin.png

What issues bother you about Pattaya?

No issues bother me. Thankfully I'm far away to not even smell the place. :)

• Like 1

No issues bother me. Thankfully I'm far away to not even smell the place. smile.png

I'm there. What does it smell like?

It doesn't because thankfully, I do not, and will not, ever, live in Pattaya. You, quite amazingly, cannot understand what was written. huh.png

Did the "new content" directory drag you back again? Can't you find other people to annoy?

Edited by tropo

No issues bother me. Thankfully I'm far away to not even smell the place.

I'm there. What does it smell like?

huh.png

cheesy.gif

Read that again. biggrin.png

If you don't smell the place you must know what it smells like. If you did not know what it smelt like how would you know you are not smelling it right now. It may smell just like any other town in Thailand. How would you know it you did not know what it smelt like?

So what does it smell like? Or don't you know?

Give it up mate - you're making an utter <deleted> of yourself. Go for a walk outside, read a book or do something constructive

He lives in some boring rural town dreaming about his time spent in Soi 6 drinking Chang (from his quote) and living the carefree lifestyle before he met his ball and chain.

I can see this thread going downhill fast but 10/10 for putting up a robust defence of the city.

Pattaya is an artificial construct born of the R&R sex needs of US troops during the Vietnam war.....Vegas was an artificial construct born of the Mafia need to have pliable politicians to create a gambling Mecca.

Vegas is now a cleaned up big business premier World tourist attraction.....one of these days a mayor is going to come along and transform Pattaya......just like Vegas though, things may need to get worse before they get better.

We can but live in hope. I wonder how he/she will manage to get themselves elected and whether they can gather together a backup team because a one man band won't cut the mustard.

Give it up mate - you're making an utter <deleted> of yourself. Go for a walk outside, read a book or do something constructive

He lives in some boring rural town dreaming about his time spent in Soi 6 drinking Chang (from his quote) and living the carefree lifestyle before he met his ball and chain.

I don't know what his problem is. Pattaya is not the best place in Thailand for hookers. Not for quantity, quality or price. It is not the most dangerous place nor the dirtiest or the smelliest. It is not the worst for scams or tuk tuk pirates. All Pattaya really has in larger quantity and at cheaper prices than the rest of Thailand is Restaurants.wink.png Maybe he does not like French restaurants. Or Belgian ones. It's possible I guess.smile.png

Give it up mate - you're making an utter <deleted> of yourself.

Beautiful conversationalist. Fancy a few afternoon Changs down Soi 6? rolleyes.gif

Nope, nothing wrong with Soi 6 but don't visit there too often, perhaps once a week.

For a nice afternoon drink, I thoroughly recommend Lucky Star, or any of the other bars in the same complex at the bottom of Soi 8 - nice cold Chang, glass with ice, good view out across the beach, just catching the breeze as the sun falls in the sky - bloody perfect.

You guys that have a downer on Pattaya really don't know what you're missing.

• Like 2

I post here to warn other younger people about the weirdos that frequent the joint. Ive been there a few times for a lot of various reasons, but I didnt stay long. The place just doesnt appeal to me. Allthough I do have freinds and family there

• Like 1

I post here to warn other younger people about the weirdos that frequent the joint. Ive been there a few times for a lot of various reasons, but I didnt stay long. The place just doesnt appeal to me. Allthough I do have freinds and family there

A perfectly reasonable opinion to have, though it's unclear how much and where you spent your time in pattaya. The are good things and less desirable things about anyplace one might choose to live and I think that about says it all.

I thoroughly recommend Lucky Star, or any of the other bars in the same complex at the bottom of Soi 8 - nice cold Chang, glass with ice, good view out across the beach, just catching the breeze as the sun falls in the sky - bloody perfect.

"Thoroughly recommend" "Bloody perfect."

http://www.thaivisa....-of-their-tips/

Heaven! What a crowd.

Edited by cbrer

I thoroughly recommend Lucky Star, or any of the other bars in the same complex at the bottom of Soi 8 - nice cold Chang, glass with ice, good view out across the beach, just catching the breeze as the sun falls in the sky - bloody perfect.

"Thoroughly recommend" "Bloody perfect."

http://www.thaivisa....-of-their-tips/

Heaven! What a crowd.

If you didnt appreciate the sarcasm I sure did, quite a few of us may suggest you visited this bar.

A perfectly reasonable opinion to have, though it's unclear how much and where you spent your time in pattaya. The are good things and less desirable things about anyplace one might choose to live and I think that about says it all.

Off the top of my head I am struggling to think of a place that attracts the nutters in the same way Pattaya does.

As for reading the forum and posting?

It makes for entertaining reading, what other forum gives us such a laugh?

The best part of course is the news section, any comment would be superfluous.

What many distractors of Pattaya don't seem to understand is the rudeness of some Westerners towards Thais, that creates a negative attitude to foreigners with a flow on effect to their enjoyment of Pattaya. My wife has told me of a number of instances when driving her motorbike. She has used her horn to warn people when overtaking. They have yelled <deleted> at her. <deleted> is the worst insult you can use in Thai society. She has observed other instances of this behaviour and Thais yelling back threatening to kill them, with the foreigner completely unaware of what being said.

Another foreigner smashed in a window of a female Thai drivers car with a bottle. What he did not know was the driver is the daughter of a senior member of the local community and was arrested & imprisoned by RTP. This incident was covered by Thai TV.

One last example which was why I bother with this post. Today at a pharmacy two westerners were very hostile when presented with the bill saying in loud voices they had been overcharged. In both cases the charges were proved to be correct. Watching the Thais facial expression you could see this was a regular experience for them.

clap2.gif

best post ive read on here for a while.

Off the top of my head I am struggling to think of a place that attracts the nutters in the same way Pattaya does.

As for reading the forum and posting?

It makes for entertaining reading, what other forum gives us such a laugh?

The best part of course is the news section, any comment would be superfluous.

I prefer to call them eccentrics and free-thinkers...but as you say, never a dull moment :)