Sukampol Confident In Decision Over Abhisit Row

webfact

Sukampol confident in decision over Abhisit row

Panya Thiosangwan

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Defence Minister Sukampol Suwannathat yesterday expressed confidence that his decision to cancel Democrat Party leader and former prime minister Abhisit Vejjaviva's military-service records would not be overturned by the judiciary.

"The Defence Ministry has revoked the unlawful records of Abhisit Vejjajiva," Sukampol said, arguing that his ministerial order was outside the purview of the Administrative Court. Abhisit has filed a complaint with the court against the move.

The Pheu Thai-led government maintains that Abhisit used falsified documents in order to receive his commission and avoid military conscription.

Sukampol said his ministry has ordered the revocation of two orders from Abhisit's military record - his commission into the Army in 1987 and his promotion to sub-lieutenant in 1988.

The next step would be for the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy, where Abhisit served his commission, to initiate the proceedings with the Army to strip him of his rank.

The academy would have to ask the Army to forward the matter to the Royal Palace and seek a royal command to cancel the rank, Sukampol said, adding that his ministry would have no jurisdiction on the matter.

He went on to clarify that Abhisit had done his job when he taught at the academy, so there was no reason to demand that he return the salary paid to him during his one-year commission.

After Abhisit was discharged, he did not avail himself of any benefits as a reserve officer despite his entitlement, Sukampol said, so the opposition leader has no outstanding liabilities to settle with the military.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-04

• Like 1

"After Abhisit was discharged, he did not avail himself of any benefits as a reserve officer despite his entitlement, Sukampol said, so the opposition leader has no outstanding liabilities to settle with the military."

What would these benefits have been, had he decided to take them? Some kind of salary? Any ideas how much?

Abhist taught at the academy, what did he teach, military strategy or how to build houses,was he awarded a rank while teaching, rather shallow on the information this is, if Abhist taught military matters then he would automatically have a rank at a military academy.Sour grapes from the other side, more planned harassment, to beat into submission any opposition , which will increase, as this year progress , ah la "T" coffee1.gif

• Like 2

"The academy would have to ask the Army to forward the matter to the Royal Palace and seek a royal command to cancel the rank".

Now they will try to involve the palace in their nefarious political machinations. Oh well another storm in a tea cup. Abihist should be content in the knowledge that everything the PTP involve themselves in is turning to <deleted> and they bare crutching at straws to gain the upper hand. Their corrupt policies are falling apart and the true essence of what they are doing is becoming clear to the electrate. Before their term is over the "chickens will come home to roost", then the PTPs skills at ruining running Thailand will be plain for all to see.

I doubt that will get beyond the gate if even

Abhist taught at the academy, what did he teach, military strategy or how to build houses,was he awarded a rank while teaching, rather shallow on the information this is, if Abhist taught military matters then he would automatically have a rank at a military academy.Sour grapes from the other side, more planned harassment, to beat into submission any opposition , which will increase, as this year progress , ah la "T" coffee1.gif

One wonders if they at the PT are doing such a wonderful job why are they are trying to stifle Abhist.

Can there work not stand on it's own merits.

Sounds to me like they are a bit shall we say insecure and looking for vengeance.

I think they feel the world crumbling about them and instead of trying to shore it up with an honest concern for the Thai people they are trying to tear down the opposition so when the axe does fall on them the opposition will be shredded.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 2

This is just a joke like everything else this govt does. How can the defence minister possibly state that he is correct if he has ignored the militaries own ruling on this matter, obviously it is not what he wanted so he has gone over their heads and declared himself god, this govt is just one big joke doing big leaders commands, they wouldnt know the truth if it bit them on the bum.

Another lackey to the Shinawatra clan. This will all end badly for him when he (in the same way as Tarit) is found to have overstepped his authority

• Like 1

All I've heard from Sukumpol so far is accusations - unless I've missed something he has yet to produce any evidence whatsoever.

Sukumpol's produced documents that are incorrect,

and it must have taken a Herculian seacrch to find it too.

But it in no way shows Abhisit of knowingly commited a fraud.

Many people shove papers at you; 'here fill this in our underling will fill in the details later'.

As if one incorrect date on one document should be career ending is absurd.

The idea that in the back history of ANY politician, that there is NO incorrectly file paperwork is beyond reasonable.

This is a country that thrives on paper pushing and back handers and favors for the powerful.

All it takes is one desk jockey to decided to please the father of someone younger,

not saying a word till it is done and long filed. And later....

they quietly say to the underling of the powerful person,

' I did this for your boss, please remember me '.

Abhisit and his father might not even ever be told of a favor done,

2-3 levels down the face/pecking order chain.

Yet it leaves a ticking politicized time bomb

The crux is the palace is highly unlikely to remove Abhisit's rank over this,

and it is only a partisan smear campaign.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

The crux is the palace is highly unlikely to remove Abhisit's rank over this,

and it is only a partisan smear campaign.

The "palace" will strip his rank and medals at the same time Thaksin's are officially removed . . . which should have happened a long time ago.

Edited by Tatsujin

It looks like the case k. Abhisit filed in november, 2012 might the the only possibility to get the MoD to come with more details. Till now we only 'know' there was something wrong with the paper issued after another paper had gone missing. ermm.gif

Edited by rubl

"The academy would have to ask the Army to forward the matter to the Royal Palace and seek a royal command to cancel the rank".

Now they will try to involve the palace in their nefarious political machinations. Oh well another storm in a tea cup. Abihist should be content in the knowledge that everything the PTP involve themselves in is turning to <deleted> and they bare crutching at straws to gain the upper hand. Their corrupt policies are falling apart and the true essence of what they are doing is becoming clear to the electrate. Before their term is over the "chickens will come home to roost", then the PTPs skills at ruining running Thailand will be plain for all to see.

Then PTP will win the next electionohmy.png

• Like 1

This is just a joke like everything else this govt does. How can the defence minister possibly state that he is correct if he has ignored the militaries own ruling on this matter, obviously it is not what he wanted so he has gone over their heads and declared himself god, this govt is just one big joke doing big leaders commands, they wouldnt know the truth if it bit them on the bum.

Another lackey to the Shinawatra clan. This will all end badly for him when he (in the same way as Tarit) is found to have overstepped his authority

A military ruling over a military backed PM in office. Please think before you type

One wonders if they at the PT are doing such a wonderful job why are they are trying to stifle Abhist.

Sounds to me like they are a bit shall we say insecure and looking for vengeance.

I think they feel the world crumbling about them and instead of trying to shore it up with an honest concern for the Thai people they are trying to tear down the opposition so when the axe does fall on them the opposition will be shredded.

Insecure about an opposition whos <deleted> they whooped by 100 seats. Discredit the leader and you discredit the party who chose him to be leader. Give me something to get my teeth into this is too easy

I believe the Democrats wont win the next election the PTP will loose it.

Insecure about an opposition whos <deleted> they whooped by 100 seats. Discredit the leader and you discredit the party who chose him to be leader. Give me something to get my teeth into this is too easy

How about getting your teeth into the scams, lies, nepotism, cronyism and corruption of the current government? Should keep your gob filled for a while.

It seems the minister has had a lesson in ambitions and abilities, in that much of his earlier claims have evaporated. Gone is the claim of suing for return of salary, and stripping of rank now lies in the hands of others. What will he do when others reject his petty persecution?

You have to wonder what was the import of the incorrect date. If they know that it is incorrect why haven't they sought a correct document from the RTA? If Abhisit overstepped his study extension and reported late, what is the maximum penalty?

I believe the Democrats wont win the next election the PTP will loose it.

are we talking public general elections or in house elections?

he dodged the draft, tried to cover his tracks.. he had no interest in being part of the army just like most rich kids, he knew what was going on.

people, imo, are foolish to believe otherwise.

what the judicary will do however is something yet to be seen.

• Like 1

he dodged the draft, tried to cover his tracks.. he had no interest in being part of the army just like most rich kids, he knew what was going on.

Everybody but you, including the MoD have accepted that he lectured at the military academy. This is "part of the army".

Everybody but you, including the MoD have accepted that he lectured at the military academy. This is "part of the army".

I didn't accept it either, so there goes your theory that everybody accepts it.

where did i not accept this, or is that just a fantasy you've just invented?

I didn't accept it either, so there goes your theory that everybody accepts it. ��

"He went on to clarify that Abhisit had done his job when he taught at the academy, so there was no reason to demand that he return the salary paid to him..."

Accept history. Or should I change my post to "Everybody but the intentionally ignorant.........."

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 1

Re-read your post. "he had no interest in being part of the army......."

yes?

and i don't think he did have any interest in it... you should read more carefully, not me.

i've already posted this, because i pretty much accept what is written here by a person who obviously prefers abhisit to thaksin any day of the week.

have a read of it:

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=7478

it does seem to make a bit too much sense doesn't it?

yes?

and i don't think he did have any interest in it... you should read more carefully, not me.

i've already posted this, because i pretty much accept what is written here by a person who obviously prefers abhisit to thaksin any day of the week.

have a read of it:

http://blog.nationmu...int.php?id=7478

Actually, it sounds like somebody's opinion. Now I have to wonder whether having "interest" in being in the army is relevant to the fact that he was.

Personally, I had no interest in a different army, except that I was part of it.

yes?

have a read of it:

http://blog.nationmu...int.php?id=7478

Actually, it sounds like somebody's opinion. Now I have to wonder whether having "interest" in being in the army is relevant to the fact that he was.

Personally, I had no interest in a different army, except that I was part of it.

wonder away mick, wonder away.

edit:

actually do you not think what is written sounds quite plausible, possibly even the truth of what happened?

what do you think about what's written there, i mean particulars and not just about whether it's an opinion or not, i mean particulars about the individual statements?

Edited by nurofiend

. Before their term is over the "chickens will come home to roost", then the PTPs skills at ruining running Thailand will be plain for all to see.

Maybe Farangs should run Thailand instead, Farang will show them how to run a country, just like western countries....oh, wait a minute, western countries have a shiteload of problems too.....

• Like 1