Coming Back After Expulsion

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a criminal conviction that immigration are aware of, correct? I think you're likely blacklisted. I just recently got out of prison in Thailand, but the police were not there to pick me up on release and so I went home. After speaking with my Embassy and they with IDC we decided that after a few days spent with my wife and her family I would turn myself in to iDC, pay a visa overstay fine and be deported just for overstay and not for my criminal charge. I have not been blacklisted and, I know, I have been very, very lucky. My Embassy have told me not to declare my criminal conviction when applying for my next visa as apparently as far as my immigration record goes I just have the overstay and I wasn't arrested for that, I voluntarily left. The police and immigration do not always communicate or share records.

I had a friend who was blacklisted and went back to the UK, changed his name by Deed Poll, got a brand new passport in his new name and entered Thailand on a double T. Visa.

However on his first border run (to activate his 2nd visa), he was denied entry at Aranyaprathet. He was shown both his old passport with previous name as well as the new passport with new name by Immigration.

IF you do decide to try it, I would enter by land and be fully prepared to be denied entry at any time (incl border runs).

Edited by Cuchulainn

Your embassy told you to lie on a visa application? How interesting!

I know, right? I was overjoyed at how things turned out as though my Thai wife was told by the Embassy that she could still, if only on a visit visa, travel to the UK after her prison term (yeah, she served time also) I thought I'd be barred from Thailand for about 3-5 years (as is normal). It would've meant a lot more time away from my wife and her family. I'm still a little apprehensive about the next time I apply for a visa (will do it here in the UK, a 1 year multi-entry 'O') and will not exactly be comfortable when exiting and entering the country for stamps. What if something suddenly comes up? I could get deported all over again and blacklisted! I'm told I'm in the clear though. I dunno man...

Edited by fauxie

I had a friend who was blacklisted and went back to the UK, changed his name by Deed Poll, got a brand new passport in his new name and entered Thailand on a double T. Visa.

However on his first border run (to activate his 2nd visa), he was denied entry at Aranyaprathet. He was shown both his old passport with previous name as well as the new passport with new name by Immigration.

IF you do decide to try it, I would enter by land and be fully prepared to be denied entry at any time (incl border runs).

Who should know better about new passports, as the Thais? Here you can change your (given) name every week. And get a new passport in 3 days!

Section 12 of the immirgation act states the following:

Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the Kingdom :

1. Having no genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of passport ; or having a

genuine and valid passport or document used in lieu of a passport without Visaing by the Royal Thai

Embassies or Consulates in Foreign countries ; or from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs , excepting if a visa

is not required for certain types of aliens in special instances.

Visaing and visa exemption will be under the learn and conditions as provided in the Ministerial Regulations.

2. Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom.

3. Having entered into the Kingdom to take occupation as a laborer or to take employment by

using physical without skills training or to work in violation of the Ministerial Regulations.

4. Being mentally unstable or having any of the disease as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations.

5. Having not yet been vaccinated against smalllpox or inoculated or undergone any other

medical treatment for protection against disease and having refused to have such vaccinations

administered by the Immigration Doctor.

6. Having been imprisoned by the judgement of the Thai Court ; or by a lawful injunction ; or by

the judgement of the Court of foreign country , except when the penalty is fore petty offense or negligence

or is provided for as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations.

7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the public or likelihood of being a

nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace or safety of the public or to the security of the public or

to the security of the nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign governments.

8. Reason to believe that entrance into the Kingdom was for the purpose of being involved in

prostitution , the trading of woman of children , drug smuggling , or other types of smuggling which are contrary to the public morality.

9. Having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under him

10. Being a person prohibited by the Minister under Section 16.

11. Being deported by either the Government of Thailand that of or other foreign countries ; or

the right of stay in the Kingdom or in foreign countries having been revoked ; or having been sent out of

the Kingdom by competent officials at the expense of the Government of Thailand unless the Minister

shall consider exemption on an individual special case basis.

The examination and diagnosis of disease of a physical or mental nature , including protective

operations as against disease , shall be conducted by the Immigration Doctor.

From item 6 it follows that not every conviction automatically results in deportation. Question is what is considered a petty offense.

Well I guess you should find out what that red stamp was. If it said: You are blacklisted. You have no chance of coming in again I guess.. If it said something different, wich I can't think off you may be deported but not blacklisted... I guess the Thai Embassy in France should give you the answer to your question, if they can find out if you are on the black list or not your good to go (or not to go) easiest way..

So really you have been suspended from entering Thailand but you do not know for how long.I bet you could find someone in France who could read Thai.Better still go to a travel agent tell them your problem I but they will have someone let they can ring and get you an answer in 10 minutes

So really you have been suspended from entering Thailand but you do not know for how long.I bet you could find someone in France who could read Thai.Better still go to a travel agent tell them your problem I but they will have someone let they can ring and get you an answer in 10 minutes

The passport is gone. in exchange for the new one. So not a big chance, to read that stamp.

And suspended from entering, that is the question. For sure, he got 'suspended' from staying in Thailand, that time

The passport is gone. in exchange for the new one. So not a big chance, to read that stamp.

And suspended from entering, that is the question. For sure, he got 'suspended' from staying in Thailand, that time

So when you get a new passport they take the old one.I have got 3 old Australian passport going back for years.They have just cut the corners off them but have give them back to me.Might be something to do with the metallic strip this is the first one I have had one with that

So when you get a new passport they take the old one.I have got 3 old Australian passport going back for years.They have just cut the corners off them but have give them back to me.Might be something to do with the metallic strip this is the first one I have had one with that

You don't have to tell me. I have always two passports 'running'! And the old ones, like you wrote.

Only I have to tell them, I wanna have the old one back. If not, they keep 'em.

But OP mentioned this, in one post!

And he didn't post too much, in this topic, so you can find it yourself, methinks!

Dear all,

Thank you again for all your inputs. Today I took back my passport from the Thai embassy in France and they gave me a visa, a single entry TR as I requested.

I will fly there soon and keep you posted again.

What I can tell reading you is that I have never been in jail, only IDC, and everyone told me ''no records, you can come back''.

Thanks again,

V.

Dear all,

Thank you again for all your inputs. Today I took back my passport from the Thai embassy in France and they gave me a visa, a single entry TR as I requested.

I will fly there soon and keep you posted again.

What I can tell reading you is that I have never been in jail, only IDC, and everyone told me ''no records, you can come back''.

Thanks again,

V.

Good luck and let this be a lesson to be more honest in the future !

• Like 1

If no jailtime, chances are you will be allowed back in. There is normally no blacklisting for petty offenses. But you were still deported.

If you can, i would scan the red stamp/marking in your passport, with deleting all personal details and post it so you can get a translation of what it says.

If no jailtime, chances are you will be allowed back in. There is normally no blacklisting for petty offenses. But you were still deported.

If you can, i would scan the red stamp/marking in your passport, with deleting all personal details and post it so you can get a translation of what it says.

Now from your last post do not worry I bet you get in,no problems at all.Have a great trip all the best

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I am sorry to post again before my flight, but today I had this brillant idea to call the immigration in Thailand from here France at the number 02 287 31 01.

At this number I finally had a guy that asked for my old passport number (the passport used to leave Thailand last time) and that he would check for me. I gave that and then I called him back after 1 hour. He picked up, and he told me clearly that I was not able at all to get into Thailand.

My Thai language was not good enough to ask and understand why, but at least he told me that nothing could be done at all.

I hanged up the phone being very sad.

On Monday I will have a Thai guy calling back this number to ask again and to understand.

V.

Dear all.

First of all I must all confirm you that the lesson has been far enough and I will surely not do this mistake again. I must also confirm you that I wanted to try and not to thief. This mistake has been the only one in my life and I believe I have no plan at all to try any other bad things breaking the laws and rules.

Now here are my questions that might also help others:

- Are there entries in Thailand that are "online aware" and some others "half-online not aware" ? What I mean is coming back by the airport or coming back by walk-in from Laos or Burma, are the immigration doors the same?

- In case of entry refusal, what may append if I am coming from France in the airport ? May I visit IDC again :)?

- In case of entry refusal, what may append if I am coming from Laos by pedestrian way ? Can I stay in Vientiane Laos?

Thank you for those answers. I will also spend some hours in the forum to try to find the answers.

For now I have cancelled my flight and I have Thai friends trying to find a real answer about my case.

Thanks again,

V.

I remember reading about you in the news biggrin.png

Never mind the passport! have you been able to change your name, face and date of birth?

You need to find out if you are blacklisted basically, a translation of the passport stamp may help!

Worst that can happen is that you are turned around at the airport! I'm sure you are no stranger to custody..

whistling.gif Sorry for his situation, but just in case you think that soneone expelled and obviously blacklisted can change his/her passport and return ... he just gave you a definite answer ... No you can't.

Obviously the person who he talked to ar the Thai consulate looked up his old name ... but it's clear that his old name was in the computer database.

That's the answer to the question .... but do they (at the counsulate) have access to the records?

Clearly they DO.

Even if he had made it into Thailand, one match between his new passport and his old one would have had him detained by immigration and again deported form Thailand.

And probably time in the IDC just to teach him a lesson besides.

For those of you thinking of the same thing ... changing yout name and returning to Thailand .... do you really want to live like that .... always looking over your sholdier for the police for the rest of your life?

And, although I don't know the situation with Frabce ..... I'll repeat what I said before again.

Now, when you apply for a U.S. passport ALL passport photos are run through a photo matching security check.

If you have changed your name and applied for another passport under a new name ,.. the photo recognition software will catch that photo match.

In the U.S. this will flag you as a potential criminal or even a potential terrorist.

And that will be positive match wi[[ be regarded as very serious by the security people.

So don't even attempt it.

whistling.gif

also help others:

For now I have cancelled my flight and I have Thai friends trying to find a real answer about my case.

Thanks again,

V.

You say you have Thai friends finding out about the answer to your case. If you have Thai friends why didn't they translate the red stamp for you? Strange, very strange.

• Like 2

Posted by vinc525otm 2013-01-05 03:49:09

...I went back to France in end of November, with a red stamp on my passport but the stamp was written in Thai and I could not decrypt it...

...On Monday I will have a Thai guy calling back this number to ask again and to understand...

What was the result of the call made by your Thai friend to immigration in Thailand?

What does the red stamp say, according to your Thai friend?

Hi there,

I just tried yesterday to go back in Thailand using the normal door, the airport.

I came at the immigration counters, the guy scanned my passport, and he told me there is a lock that needs to be unlocked by his supervisor.

The supervisor came and asked me to follow her to a small office. They spent 20 minutes between them, with in the middle a good question and a special question: do you have the paper of the court to show us your case is over? I said no, as i did not have it, it went somewhere at the IDC when I came there in November; and second question: did you already used Laos to come to Thailand sometimes? I said yes, in the old past. Finally, the girl came again to tell me that she could not let me get in her country, and that I should go to the next step.

They then made me to meet with an officer in charge of expulsion, actually, the same small office in the airport I went to already in November when going back after IDC ! I even saw the same guys in there. Hopefully, I explained my case, and they understood that this was a small small story. They then explained me that there is a blacklist in the immigration computers and I am in, as any foreigner will be in if deported from IDC. The blacklist addition is made at the IDC. This blacklist is an immigration blacklist, not a Thai country blacklist for bid crimes or very bad stories.

The officer in this small office agreed to help me to get ride of this, I made him to call my Thai friend, and they talked together for 10 minutes so my Thai friend will do an action to remove me from the blacklist. It consist on a letter saying that he knows me and he knows that I am good. My friend, as he knows me very well, will do the letter.

Then they asked me to buy a ticket to return to anywhere out of Thailand. I could ask to go to Laos and come back by walk-in, and get in the country as this Laos door is not connected to this blacklist.

But I deceided to be honest and to wait for my unblocking, so I bought a ticket to France and I tookoff the same day I landed!

Total is 13+3= 16 hours way + the same to go back = 32 hours of plane to go and come back using Colombo transit where you have very nice Ceylan Tea shops.

Please believe me and be sure that if you went to IDC, you are in an immigration blacklist that stays forever until you get someone to send a nice letter.

-or-

You may get in if the day of your arrival you have your case file and court paper and if your crime was a small story, then the lady may unlock you (but not unblacklist).

If I cannot have the letter, I may call the police station to request a copy of the case, and then try again with this paper.

For sure there is a lady there that is human and is able to get you to pass if you are good and you can prove it.

Finally you have the Laos entry trick, but you may get trouble when renewing or extending your visa in BKK.

V.