Who's Got The Pies?

ThaiPauly

I can remember reading a topic six months ago about a guy in either Pattya or BK who made delicious Pies and sausages and once a week deivered them to Chaing Mai

I have tried the search button without sucess.

Does anyone know anything about this? I am looking to buy in bulk

The pies up here suck big time!!

Cheers

TP

I can remember reading a topic six months ago about a guy in either Pattya or BK who made delicious Pies and sausages and once a week deivered them to Chaing Mai

Cheers

TP

You may like to try this link.expatriate foods

I have no personal experience of them but I believe that a number of bars here in Khon Kaen purchase from this source.

Hope this is of help to you

Edited by PREM-R

The Duke's in Chiang Mai has a chicken pot pie special a few times a week with a large cheddar onion bisquit covered with filling instead of pastry crust.

Much better than any Brit/Aussie style pie that I have eaten in LOS. :o

They sound delicious, me and a freind are going to eat there on Friday.... but he is hardly going to want to sell them to a competitor methinks!

Anyway it semes like I have found a good source thanks to the people who have responded.

Thanks Guys

TP

I get my pies from 'The Bake House' in Pattaya.Superb pies

Chicken

Chicken & Mushroom

Steak

Steak & Kindney

Steak & Mushroom

Minced Beef & Onion

Meat & Potato

Cornish Pasty

Blueberry & Apple

Apple

They deliver to Surin as well. By Nakornchai air(which goes to Chang Mai after)

If you need the number PM me.

Went round to Bunters on On-Nut (Suk 77) yesterday and got a stock of pies and bangers, tried a couple of pies yesterday and excellent by Bangkok and Pattaya standards, having bangers and mash tonight so we'll see how we go with them. Worth having a try I reckon. Nice bloke that Howard too.

Went round to Bunters on On-Nut (Suk 77) yesterday and got a stock of pies and bangers, tried a couple of pies yesterday and excellent by Bangkok and Pattaya standards, having bangers and mash tonight so we'll see how we go with them. Worth having a try I reckon. Nice bloke that Howard too.

Have they got a shop? I checked out their website but it does not give a location. Would like to check it out next time in BKK

Hey TP. Hows business? Might have to pop in the next time i'm up your way. :o Oh! And we can have another pissup. Dont know when but in the next few months as i'm off to Scotland for holiday in April.

Hi JS.

I think that there could be something going on at the end of March around 24th, its on the CM forum on the "Hey I'm here what about a get together thread" although I dont know if anyrhing has been cast in stone.

I am organising a Sunday get together at our place on either 12th or 19th March with transportation there and back to anyone coming from town. Once I know the date I will post a thread, should be by Friday.

Anyway hope all this fits in with your timeframe up here and I look forward to seeing you and your Wife again

Anyway, if its just the two of you coming at any other time, pm me so I can be sure to see you, oh and if you feel ike it start a "piss up thread" Rinranda I am sure said 24th March.

Cheers

TP

Hey TP. Hows business? Might have to pop in the next time i'm up your way. :o Oh! And we can have another pissup. Dont know when but in the next few months as i'm off to Scotland for holiday in April.

Hi JS.

I think that there could be something going on at the end of March around 24th, its on the CM forum on the "Hey I'm here what about a get together thread" although I dont know if anyrhing has been cast in stone.

I am organising a Sunday get together at our place on either 12th or 19th March with transportation there and back to anyone coming from town. Once I know the date I will post a thread, should be by Friday.

Anyway hope all this fits in with your timeframe up here and I look forward to seeing you and your Wife again

Anyway, if its just the two of you coming at any other time, pm me so I can be sure to see you, oh and if you feel ike it start a "piss up thread" Rinranda I am sure said 24th March.

Cheers

TP

Wont be March or Apil. Maybe May or June

• 6 months later...

Cheers

TP

Cheers

TP

......and........??????

Cheers

TP

Pie Sabai near Wat Umong, CM.. Great Pies.

Edited by Austhaied

• 1 year later...

Cheers

TP

You may like to try this link.expatriate foods

I have no personal experience of them but I believe that a number of bars here in Khon Kaen purchase from this source.

Hope this is of help to you

Like PREM-R says, expatriate foods "Tower Bridge Foods" is the best in Chiang mai, Bob is the owner their factory is about 10 km along the 1006 across first outer ring road go over small river and at police box turn left, his mobile is on the website. they make everything fresh. and are now busy with christmas cakes, pudding. mince pies etc.

You can also buy them in the 3 "Rim Ping Supermarkets" but more expensive.

You've have never had a truly excellent English pie until you've eaten one of our pies and since we will be visiting CM on 20 November I offer to bring you whatever you need. See the thread in the Phuket section, entitled another pie shop. And BTW, we'll match our pies against David's at the Dukes, any and every day! Come to that, we'll match against anyone in Thailand for quality and taste.

Edited by chiang mai

Wow...14 months since the last post then two in one morning.

I am out of the business now, but still like a good pie...why don't you post on the CM forum as you are returning, and see what happens?

14 months you say, hey, I'm right on the ball you know plus I'm also from Oxford!!

Good idea about the CM forum but probably will not. We're already taking some pies to Bangkok for another customer on that trip and will be happy to bring a a small number for new customers who want to try them in Chiang Mai. But we're not geared up to manage several orders to CM at this time and don't want to disappoint hungry folks.

You've have never had a truly excellent English pie until you've eaten one of our pies and since we will be visiting CM on 20 November I offer to bring you whatever you need. See the thread in the Phuket section, entitled another pie shop. And BTW, we'll match our pies against David's at the Dukes, any and every day! Come to that, we'll match against anyone in Thailand for quality and taste.

David at the Duke's ONLY sells apple pie, no other type. You sell meat pies. I'm not sure that comparing your "pies" to his, is very convincing! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

David at the Duke's ONLY sells apple pie, no other type. You sell meat pies. I'm not sure that comparing your "pies" to his, is very convincing! :o

UG you're losing it mate! In post number 4 of this thread you said, "The Duke's in Chiang Mai has a chicken pot pie special a few times a week with a large cheddar onion bisquit covered with filling instead of pastry crust. Much better than any Brit/Aussie style pie that I have eaten in LOS. biggrin.gif". Are you convinced now? :D

David at the Duke's ONLY sells apple pie, no other type. You sell meat pies. I'm not sure that comparing your "pies" to his, is very convincing! :D

UG you're losing it mate! In post number 4 of this thread you said, "The Duke's in Chiang Mai has a chicken pot pie special a few times a week with a large cheddar onion bisquit covered with filling instead of pastry crust. Much better than any Brit/Aussie style pie that I have eaten in LOS. biggrin.gif". Are you convinced now? :D

Sorry, you are right, I AM losing it, however, I have NO idea why I wrote that as I think that I've only had it as a special at the Duke's once and kept wishing that he would have it again. That post is quite old, so it is possible that David told me that at that time he would be having it several times per week, but, in truth, I can't remember.

Old age, you know. :o

David at the Duke's ONLY sells apple pie, no other type. You sell meat pies. I'm not sure that comparing your "pies" to his, is very convincing! :D

Sorry, you are right, I AM losing it, however, I have NO idea why I wrote that as I think that I've only had it as a special at the Duke's once and kept wishing that he would have it again. That post is quite old, so it is possible that David told me that at that time he would be having it several times per week, but, in truth, I can't remember.

Old age, you know. :o

Don't worry, we all still love you!