Best Sunday Roast In Pattaya? (Money No Object)

media

Apart from Punch & Judy on soi 17, where does a really good (non cheap charlie) Sunday roast ??

(Roast Lamb with fresh yorkshires, decent roast potatoes and proper gravy and veg cooked properly)

Prefer NOT carvery buffet style

And if possible please state their location & serving times. I know that this has probably been discussed many times on here BUT lets get the latest news on this subject

Not Sportsman, Not P&J, Not Shenanigans,, Not Jamesons, Not Valley view restaurant at Baan Chang

(P&J is sometimes great but also sometimes not, we have had the best sunday roast there but also have recently been very disappointed too)

There must be some others doing a good one..

Not what the OP wants but coincidentally I tried the Sunday carvery/buffet at Dicey Reillys today and thought it was good value for 300B. No lamb. Some bits were better than others, but that's the advantage with a buffet: you can try a little bit of everything, then pick out the bits you like best and have some more of them. I will probably go there again one day when I get the urge for Yorkshire pudding and cauliflower cheese. I thought it compared well with other Sunday lunches I have seen for 400B or more.

• Like 2

hilton in central mall, every evening Mon-Thr., just under 800b, cook to order, beef, lamb, chicken, pork, and numerous seafood

And where exactly does any of that match the request for Sunday Lunch , I could understand if the request was for week night dinner.

• Like 2

hilton in central mall, every evening Mon-Thr., just under 800b, cook to order, beef, lamb, chicken, pork, and numerous seafood

And where exactly does any of that match the request for Sunday Lunch , I could understand if the request was for week night dinner.

Actually the Hilton crossed my mind also. The evening buffet certainly does have lamb and very nice it is, but I dont remember it having things like Yorkshire pudding, and as you say it doesnt fit the original request anyway.

I vaguely remember seeing more Sunday roast type things at the Hilton Sunday brunch buffet, though I only went once a long time ago. Not cheap at well over 1000B though. Maybe someone has been there more recently and can confirm?

Chill Bar nurn plub wan ( SOI muslim) Every sunday from 11.30 till about 16.00 great sunday diner special the lamb but make a appointment on 0890941359

Can you describe the location in Soi Nernplubwan, it's a very long road - thanks...

Chill Bar nurn plub wan ( SOI muslim) Every sunday from 11.30 till about 16.00 great sunday diner special the lamb but make a appointment on 0890941359

Can you describe the location in Soi Nernplubwan, it's a very long road - thanks...

3km (-ish) from Sukhumvit, left side. (12.929238,100.927209)

Edited by Upnotover

agree with previous comment about Chill Bar, Soi Muslim, East Pattata, sensational meal at 160bht. Staff very friendly also.

Thanks for the tip BUT Dont forget, the idea is to find a high quality ((Non Cheap Charlie) no expense spared lunch.

160 baht???? it is impossible to put on any kind of quality imported meats & lamb or quality anything for that matter at this price. and assuming that the Beer is also as cheap the place would be full of Cheap Charlies which is exactly what I am trying to avoid.

1 that has to be mentioned is: CAFE RITZ inside jomtien plaza (complex)

Unfortunately Closed on Sundays and only opens for dinner (6pm+) So this one doesn't comply with this topics requirements for Sunday Roast..

BUT without doubt the best restaurant around serving FRESHLY cooked (traditional English home cooked style) Roast Lamb with fresh yorkshires etc Served Fresh every night 6 nights per week.

English Owner John is 89 years old and was cooking nightly himself up until a few years ago but has now trained his Thai wife and staff to do it exactly as he did.

The lamb melts in your mouth, the yorkshires are johns 70yr old recipe since he was 19 years old cooking in the Navy. you can tell they have come straight from the oven red hot.

Fresh apple & raspberry pies and crumbles, sponge and custard all your Grannies classic english desserts cooked fresh daily also. This is English cooking at its best.

So if you dont mind having your roast on a Mon to Sat evening this is without doubt the best quality and best flavored and freshest Roast you can get in Pattaya as far as I am aware.

The Restaurant is FULLY booked every night hence everything is Cooked fresh and Eaten every night.

This is a destination restaurant. make sure you book its only a small place. 087 912 9108 (people have been known to fight for a table)

Clientele are not cheap charlies. mostly older generation, ferang couples & familes and obviously gay couples/groups baring in mind it is in Jomtien complex :)

The secret is now out.

Unfortunately Closed on Sundays and only opens for dinner (6pm+) So this one doesn't comply with this topics requirements for Sunday Roast..

BUT without doubt the best restaurant around serving FRESHLY cooked (traditional English home cooked style) Roast Lamb with fresh yorkshires etc Served Fresh every night 6 nights per week.

English Owner John is 89 years old and was cooking nightly himself up until a few years ago but has now trained his Thai wife and staff to do it exactly as he did.

The lamb melts in your mouth, the yorkshires are johns 70yr old recipe since he was 19 years old cooking in the Navy. you can tell they have come straight from the oven red hot.

Fresh apple & raspberry pies and crumbles, sponge and custard all your Grannies classic english desserts cooked fresh daily also. This is English cooking at its best.

So if you dont mind having your roast on a Mon to Sat evening this is without doubt the best quality and best flavored and freshest Roast you can get in Pattaya as far as I am aware.

The Restaurant is FULLY booked every night hence everything is Cooked fresh and Eaten every night.

This is a destination restaurant. make sure you book its only a small place. 087 912 9108 (people have been known to fight for a table)

Clientele are not cheap charlies. mostly older generation, ferang couples & familes and obviously gay couples/groups baring in mind it is in Jomtien complex smile.png

The secret is now out.

Cafe Ritz - fights and gay groups - thanks for the warning, off my list of places to go

Clientele are not cheap charlies. mostly older generation, ferang couples & familes and obviously gay couples/groups baring in mind it is in Jomtien complex smile.png

The secret is now out.

Cafe Ritz - fights and gay groups - thanks for the warning, off my list of places to go

Ha! Trust someone ignorant to discard all the good and attempt to extract something negative from my superb recommendation. Glad that is is off your list !! Do gay people scare you? We have dined there Many times and have never been bothered by anyone gay or Hetro !
  • Like 1

The secret is now out.

Ha! Trust someone ignorant to discard all the good and attempt to extract something negative from my superb recommendation. Glad that is is off your list !! Do gay people scare you? We have dined there Many times and have never been bothered by anyone gay or Hetro !

You have been arrogant by being negative to lower cost venues and linking with "cheap charlies" that have been recommended by posts on this topic so don't really understand your issue. Not afraid, but admit I do not like going to the location due to the male prostitution bars. Some will say I'm intolerant & lack understanding etc, so be it, not for me... But the main concern is referring to fights (assume verbal, not physical) over seating at the venue, that I find a major turnoff.

Where is this place? I've walked through Jomtien Complex a thousand times and never noticed anything that looks like a full restaurant, except occasionally those two open-air bars which can get very full with what appear to be retired Scandinavian couples.

as I was reading the post I immediately thought of two places, The Chill bar, we eat there regularly including yesterday and it's always lovely, it isn't the most expensive available but that doesn't reflect the quality as it's very nice, the place is owned by an Aussie guy who taught his Mrs, well worth a trek, the other place is Nana Deli on Soi Kow Noi, again not the most expensive but very very nice and cheap drinks as it sells them as a shop rather than a bar but they have waitress service, it's on the left hand side right up the top just before the right bend, well worth a trip, we eat between the two places on alternate Sundays etc.

Bon appetit!!

Jimmy

• Like 1

Where is this place?

Found it. I must have walked past it at least twice every day for ages but hadn't really noticed it as the menu never seems to change and doesn't really describe the meal very well. It was indeed quite busy this evening (not full), but I dont think that I will be tempted by an evening roast dinner any time soon as I have enough trouble recovering from a lunchtime one!

For those interested, the chalked menu outside said three courses (no indication of what the 1st or 3rd courses are) with roast beef, pork, lamb and turkey (no idea if you get all of them or whether you have to choose). I think it said 355B but it may have been 335.

as I was reading the post I immediately thought of two places, The Chill bar, we eat there regularly including yesterday and it's always lovely, it isn't the most expensive available but that doesn't reflect the quality as it's very nice, the place is owned by an Aussie guy who taught his Mrs, well worth a trek, the other place is Nana Deli on Soi Kow Noi, again not the most expensive but very very nice and cheap drinks as it sells them as a shop rather than a bar but they have waitress service, it's on the left hand side right up the top just before the right bend, well worth a trip, we eat between the two places on alternate Sundays etc.

Bon appetit!!

Jimmy

+1 on Nana Nic is perfectionist, however from OPs post would drop into cheap chalie brackett, great midweek roast on a Wednesday as well opposite the market.

Bon appetit!!

Jimmy

+1 on Nana Nic is perfectionist, however from OPs post would drop into cheap chalie brackett, great midweek roast on a Wednesday as well opposite the market.

Tell us more about Nana Nic?? or nana Deli ? doesnt sound like a place to get a fresh roast dinner?

reading the OP's post he mentions freshly cooked veg, yorkshires etc both The Chill Bar or Nana Deli do this and at Nana's you can have a small yorkshire or a large one with all of the roast in it - blooming lovely.

Nana Deli is co-owned by a English guy Nick - hence Nana Nick.

I assumed when a 'cheap charlie' roast was mentioned the OP meant some of the more choicer places in town - 99 baht etc, The Chill and Nana DEFINITELY do not fall into that category, give em'a go.

Jimmy

• Like 2

Comment on the Ritz roast dinners.

Yes they are quite good.

The set meal includes an appetizer and a dessert.

The appetizers are OK, but rather bland, OK, it's English food. The Minestrone is about as Italian as Betty White.

The desserts are very good when they are very good, but there is a luck factor and visiting over time, some noticeable issues with CONSISTENCY, for example sometimes cold desserts being incorrectly iced and tasting of the fridge.

Seriously, I would ASK which desserts are GOOD tonight? Works if they still have any.

Reservations are NOT always needed especially for small parties.

Edited by Jingthing

I forgot to mention The Courtyard, this is on the soi that connects Soi Siam Country Club and the top of Non Pleb Waan, I think it's Soi Mapyaialia or something, the place is owned by a Brit, you get a soup or a salad as a starter and a fruit plate as pudd's, the roasts are very nice but not the cheapest but the gardens they have behind are lovely, a really nice setting.

I'm done.

• Like 1

Bon appetit!!

Jimmy

Tell us more about Nana Nic?? or nana Deli ? doesnt sound like a place to get a fresh roast dinner?

The first shop he opened was mainly for selling his cheese which he makes here in Pattaya, but he has added a few more home made foods ie scotch eggs etc.They then opened another in Soi Kao Noi with a restuarant as well, nice booths, air con and very clean. Small or large sunday roasts including lamb. Nana is the wife's name. Edited by marstons
  • Like 2