samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Little lake in Chonabot, Khon Kaen.

The colours on your last photo here appear more natural then your other images which seem oversaturated to me(especially your greens). Your camera should have a setting menu for vivid/natural/b&w/neutral colours..? I think you should check that out.

For me, to make things more interesting I'm learning to narrow the focus area on landscape shots instead of getting everything clear. It draws the attention to that particular part of the image like here in Nong Khai.

22901428082_465cac3b76_b.jpg

Little lake in Chonabot, Khon Kaen.

The colours on your last photo here appear more natural then your other images which seem oversaturated to me(especially your greens). Your camera should have a setting menu for vivid/natural/b&w/neutral colours..? I think you should check that out.

For me, to make things more interesting I'm learning to narrow the focus area on landscape shots instead of getting everything clear. It draws the attention to that particular part of the image like here in Nong Khai.

22901428082_465cac3b76_b.jpg

Beautiful picture Dalthumbsup.gif

Thanks for telling me about saturation.

It's my fault that I over saturate my pictures when I edit on Fotor.

Don't know why I was doing that but thought that they looked better.

But seems that't not the case.

Dal, how did you achieve the silk look of the water?

Is it higher aperture? or just narrowing the focus as you said.

Many thanks again and please keep your advises coming.

I need them very much.

Is it higher aperture? or just narrowing the focus as you said.

It's two different things, TP1.

1: I focussed on the floating house with F5.6 aperture which made the bridge look fuzzy(out of focus). You did the same thing with your sunset doves. I love that shot

2: The water looks silky because of the 30second shutter speed exposure. The camera chose this for me because I had it set on Aperture priority(A-mode). Apart from a slight exposure adjustment I didn't do any post processing on this image. There was still enough sunlight to leave the ISO exposure to 100 so there was no noise in the photo.

another 2, I've taken at the same time and the same place.

Haven't applied any saturation on them.

Do you think they look better?

Yes, indeed I think they look better. Since you asked, they could be sharper though. Take Jimmy's bamboo leaf for instance. It looks a lot sharper to me in comparison.

I hope this helps