91 Benzine Gone Already?

illy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V power is the best quality petrol here so it will be good after a month too.

I think they removed 91 benzyne bc it was at the same price with 95 gasohol and people were buying of course 91 benzyne as you run your machine with it 10 percent more than gasohol.

So this way, all products are segmented well in terms of business.

• Like 1

V power is the best quality petrol here so it will be good after a month too.

I think they removed 91 benzyne bc it was at the same price with 95 gasohol and people were buying of course 91 benzyne as you run your machine with it 10 percent more than gasohol.

So this way, all products are segmented well in terms of business.

As long as I can remember 91 benzine has always been more expensive than 95 gasohol.

Maybe like 2 years ago when I first started riding 91 was 42 ฿ a liter and gasohol 95 was 36~37, sorry I'm not to sure if the price back then as I believed benzine is just real gas. The last time I used benzine 91 it cost me about 44฿ a liter. And the V-Power just 40฿ a liter. What does the regular gasohol cost?

Not on this planet. Benzine 91 was almost 5baht per litre more expensive than G95.

I love you use benzine but I think I'm going to make the move to gasohol v-power 95. I tried some today and on my way to work it feels good. I wonder how it will be after a month of using it though.

The damage and problems usually take a few months to show up, from slow dissolving/corrosion of your plastic and rubber parts.

For example, even two stroke motobikes of mine have run fine in the short term on one tank of gasohol (accidentally pumped), but typically older bikes will develop lots of fuel leaks and carburetor problems after a few months of gasohol use.

Not on this planet. Benzine 91 was almost 5baht per litre more expensive than G95.

I definitelt remember filling my wave and the price of 91 benzyne and 95 gasohol was the same so bought 91 benztne as it goes more.

So am i ok to use 91 green in my vigo,its a 2.7 engine and always have used 91 red.

Use 95 gasohol...have just started using it in the Fortuner and is better than 91 benzine thumbsup.gif

I've been using 95 gasohol on my new city since I got it last April and just the other day when I was driving it the engine would bog going from 2k-3k RPMs.

The city does recommend using benzine 91 behinds the gas tank cover.

So am i ok to use 91 green in my vigo,its a 2.7 engine and always have used 91 red.

Use 95 gasohol...have just started using it in the Fortuner and is better than 91 benzine thumbsup.gif

I've been using 95 gasohol on my new city since I got it last April and just the other day when I was driving it the engine would bog going from 2k-3k RPMs.

The city does recommend using benzine 91 behinds the gas tank cover.

Once all this malarkey about 91 benzine going started we asked the Toyota guy (workshop manager) who lives just down the road from us and he said 95 gasohol no problem, but don't put 91 gasohol. Carried on with 91 benzine until it dried up and even on the first tank I noticed a difference, peppier and more responsive to kick-down.

Carried on with 91 benzine until it dried up and even on the first tank I noticed a difference, peppier and more responsive to kick-down.

Understandable IMO

If running FI new technology

& given the choice between benz 91 or gasohol 95 I would go for the higher octane

Maybe it's just after long term use that you notice the car's engine begin effect of gasohol.

The car does sit for long periods of time without anyone driving it. Maybe storage time with gasohol has to be in question.

You're exactly right - the problem with gasohol isn't anything about its immediate effect on the 'running' or 'power' of the car/motorbike, it is the slow insidious damage it does to all sorts of parts and systems of your vehicle.

That said, normally gasohol will give you much worse feul mileage, as I understand it.

It seems now confirmed that Benzine 95 is available almost everywhere in Thailand (my Thai friends just confirmed it is widely available in Udon Thani and Khon Kaen provinces, and the station managers have promised it is 'coming soon' here in Maha Sarakham).

My only remaining question is this - for how long? I suppose it is still being manufactured and is a long-term 'get-around' the new law against Benzine 91. But for how long?

Clare, you will likely be able to get gasohol friendly kits for your carb bikes.

Perhaps, but my bikes are mostly 20 years old two-strokes - such as old Honda Tena and Nova, Suzuki Akira, and Yamaha Tiara. Though they're still common and running strong up here in the upcountry, I'm not sure there will be a market for retrofits, given the Thai tendency to simply discard and buy new.

Anyway, I'll be glad if I can get another year or two out of them on the Benzine 95.

When I had my Kawasaki Leo ( 2 stroke ) back in 2004 I always ran it on the cheapest fuel, gasohol 95 or 91 ( 10 % )

it ran fine for 5 years then was converted to a side cart shop and ran for another year before being sold on.

I don't remember seeing E20 or E85 at the pumps back then and wouldn't have considerd using it.

Now I have a Honda NSR150 and have used gasohol 91 ( 10 % ) for almost 1000km no problems so far..

I did remove the fuel filter in the fuel tank as it was rotten ( maybe gasohol damage but I think just 16 years old ) the tank needed major de-rusting anyway and I put on an external fuel filter just before the carb.

Edited by johng

Two PTT stations in Chiangmai today had no benzine 91 and told me they would not be stocking it any more.

Keep your eyes peeled for the new yellow pumps - benzine 95. All the PTTs have it here in Maha Sarakham, also in Khon Kaen and Udon Thani. Someone told me in Ubon Ratchathani as well, so I'm going to assume all over Isaan. Price is about 47 baht/liter.

I've seen a fuel with a price of 42.something baht at some of the little no-name stations lately.. not sure if they have some benzine 91 left, but most of those no-namers seem to have only gasohol now, alas.

Anybody know if any of the other big-brand stations is doing a benzine 95?

Two PTT stations in Chiangmai today had no benzine 91 and told me they would not be stocking it any more.

Keep your eyes peeled for the new yellow pumps - benzine 95. All the PTTs have it here in Maha Sarakham, also in Khon Kaen and Udon Thani. Someone told me in Ubon Ratchathani as well, so I'm going to assume all over Isaan. Price is about 47 baht/liter.

I've seen a fuel with a price of 42.something baht at some of the little no-name stations lately.. not sure if they have some benzine 91 left, but most of those no-namers seem to have only gasohol now, alas.

Anybody know if any of the other big-brand stations is doing a benzine 95?

Some village vendors still have full barrels of 91 benzine in their backyard and selling in litre bottles. Whether it has been cut with something else is another matter.

post-140969-13598543029958_thumb.jpg

Still have one of these right next to my house. I walked by it last night and it was lite up like a Christmas tree. Everything looks like its working in order. The benzine gets very great performance but it is also very expensive. I think it's almost 50 baht a liter.

• Like 1

Still have one of these right next to my house. I walked by it last night and it was lite up like a Christmas tree. Everything looks like its working in order. The benzine gets very great performance but it is also very expensive. I think it's almost 50 baht a liter.

Your comic fairing stands out nice in that pic.

Was your other pic in black & white?

I own 2 of them for our Mini Mart. But once the 91 Benzine is gone I will have to change what we put in. I would like to run the 95 benzene but with the higher price it will run my Thai customers off. And most of the customers have older bikes and will start having trouble with 91 Gasohol. Not sure what to do.