Iranian Tourist Attacks Phuket Parking Attendant

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like an over reaction on both sides

always ends in tears

Maybe on one side. The local side was the total typical reaction around an area, TukTuk operations are claiming all available spaces.

Still you have to think, the local would have lost face to his mob, if he couldn't even clear the situation, with only a woman in the car.

Also the question is, how could the Iranian male park there, get out of the car and walk over to a store, on his watch?

Without a strict advice, that he can not park there? And not in got manners, of course?

First picking in the nose, or 'impressing' a gal, instead of watching. Afterwards trying to wipe the slate clean, before others realize his incompetence?

The bottle was a bit overreacting. But probably the reason, that the Iranian could face the police officers in the station, instead of the police would have had to ask the doctors, when he will come out of ICU. You can say, whatever you want, but the Tuk Tuk mob is recognizing, as soon it could go the wrong way, for them.

Any CCTV evidence, yet?

>>“Mr Sina was driving the jeep and parked it in front of a nightclub. He got out of the car and went into a nearby convenience store while his wife waited in the car. Mr Muhammad, who works as a car park service operator, noticed the jeep was blocking the entrance to his parking area, and told Mr Sina's wife to move it,’’ Lt Col Jongserm said.

So the guys parking area is inside the nightclub? I'm not quite sure how the vehicle could be in front of a nightclub yet be in front of "his parking area". Reading between the lines I'm sure this nice poor parking attendant was not very polite to said lady waiting in the vehicle.How is it that when a tuk tuk or taxi driver assaults a tourist ( as we've all read about) they never get arrested, yet, this guy is in cuffs and will end up paying quite a bit?

I'm sure this nice poor parking attendant was not very polite to said lady waiting in the vehicle

Read the coffee ground?Tell the cards? Or Crystal ball maybe...

How is it that when a tuk tuk or taxi driver assaults a tourist ( as we've all read about): ©Steelepulse

Every one is being tarred with the same brush at least have no biascheesy.gif

Whilst the use of something that could cause serious damage/disfigurement (such as a glass bottle) isn't to be condoned in any way, I'm sure that many of us are applauding the Iranian for taking a stance against those who 'think' and act like they are the law. Too often it's the other way round, and it's the tourist who's being treated in hospital as the result of a 'pack' attack by taxi drivers or security guards.

I don't know what the rules are in Thailand but where I am from a person may lawfully move a vehicle that is causing an obstruction to a road or road related area (a driveway and parking lot are such) If the person has made reasonable attempts to have the owner or representative move the vehicle, then he can personally move it or have another person move it (tow truck) Sounds to me that the attendant made a reasonable attempt to have the wife move the vehicle but she just ignored him, maybe she did not speak thai or english but he did make an attempt. In Australia the attendant would be protected by law under the circumstances.

This is Thailand and the rules are made up at the time

Seeing as the motor was running, waiting a couple of minutes for the tourist to come back out of the convenience store was out the question I suppose. sad.png

Perhaps the attendant was pissed off with the continued problem of folk not finding a proper parking space and blocking things up, THAT is why the guy was obviously employed.

If the attendant were actually in attendance, a couple of those loud whistles when the guy was stopping the vehicle there should've done the trick. sad.png

Perhaps he was dealing with other numnuts eh. thumbsup.gif

Oh the poor dear. Must've been all stressed out. laugh.png

Iranians are NOT arabs rolleyes.gif ......................

On the contrary, they are Persians, the original Arabs. Their shared empire with Iraq colonised most of the middle east we know today.

Nope. Persians are Aryan, whilst Arabs are Semitic

What a tool

Just speculation of course but : Upstart with whistle gets annoyed as another Tourist has just made him get up of his chair and work.Tells them YOU You go, no response so moves the jeep ( I assume by pushing or leaning in window to hold steering wheel)

Nothing unusual in this as in Thailand see it all the time.

Man comes out has altercation with attendant and takes it way to far by glassing him.

Look at the picture of the lad does he deserve that? absolutely not.

The assailant should be prosecuted, glassing anyone is a most cowardly act.

• Like 1

What a tool

Just speculation of course but : Upstart with whistle gets annoyed as another Tourist has just made him get up of his chair and work.Tells them YOU You go, no response so moves the jeep ( I assume by pushing or leaning in window to hold steering wheel)

Nothing unusual in this as in Thailand see it all the time.

Man comes out has altercation with attendant and takes it way to far by glassing him.

Look at the picture of the lad does he deserve that? absolutely not.

The assailant should be prosecuted, glassing anyone is a most cowardly act.

I haven't seen the picture, poor fellow, this Iranian man is a butcher...however a few honourable members are on his side believing if a miserable peasant dared to move their (obstructive) royal coach of a few meters he deserves a good hiding blink.png

• Like 1

According to yet another local news souce that can not be named the lady gave a statement to the police saying that she was surrouned and aggresivly abused by 10 thai males.One of whom said she was drinking from a beer bottle.She states that she is muslim and does not drink.

This story has bit credence to me,knowing the actions of the the typical cowardly Thai male.

According to yet another local news souce that can not be named the lady gave a statement to the police saying that she was surrouned and aggresivly abused by 10 thai males.One of whom said she was drinking from a beer bottle.She states that she is muslim and does not drink.

This story has bit credence to me,knowing the actions of the the typical cowardly Thai male.

Looks like, we will never see any CCTV footage, here!

Wow just seen the injuries to the poor guy ,he probably gets paid 6-8000 bht amonth and doesn't deserve to have that abuse directed at him ,scared for life now hope they throw the book at the Iranian guy, actually surprised the other Thais didn't beat the shit out of him.

• Like 2

First - not park-stop in front of a Parking lot entrance.

Second -not leave your car attended in that place with a person-wife, who is unwilling-probably not capable, of driving the car away from that wrong spot if necessary.

Third - Where did the Iranian, produce a handy beer bottle out in no time to arm himself, smashing the bottle-hurtng himself in that way and use as knife style, cutting instrument to slash the young Thai guy cheek wide open! Slashed on the throat and at the Carotid artery in that way, the Thai could easily have died!

Maybe he just bought the beer bottle(s) in the 7/11?whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

Second -not leave your car attended in that place with a person-wife, who is unwilling-probably not capable, of driving the car away from that wrong spot if necessary.

Third - Where did the Iranian, produce a handy beer bottle out in no time to arm himself, smashing the bottle-hurtng himself in that way and use as knife style, cutting instrument to slash the young Thai guy cheek wide open! Slashed on the throat and at the Carotid artery in that way, the Thai could easily have died!

Naaaaaaah, didn't belong to him, he asked to borrow it from a passer bye. laugh.png
  • Like 1

Seeing as the motor was running, waiting a couple of minutes for the tourist to come back out of the convenience store was out the question I suppose. sad.png

Quite common in the Middle East for them to park outside a shop and honk the horn so they get waiter service. People like this are lazy, selfish oafs and I hope he pays through the nose, the arrogant persian princess.

No deal in talks over Phuket bottle slashing

PHUKET: A negotiation session between an Iranian man and his Peruvian fiancée, and a Thai man who had his face badly slashed in an nasty altercation in Phuket on Monday night (January 7) failed to reach a conclusion today (January 9).

Nattha Thepbamrung

Wednesday 9 January 2013, 06:08PM

1357729710_1.jpg

Mohamat Monot appeared at the meeting heavily bandaged where his face was slashed.

The negotiations were called at Kathu police station between Iranian Sina Khalilifard, 30, and his fiancée Liselotte Diehl, 34, on one side, and on the other Mohamat Monot, 21, who ended up with 36 stitches in his face after a fight in the car park next to the Tai Pan bar in Patong.

Ms Diehl was at the police station with her translator and a representative from the Iran embassy, Suppawat Watchara, while Mr Mohamat went with a colleague from the Patong Parking Lot, Wichai Saisamut, and his lawyer, Sarawut Sukban. Mr Khalilifard was still in the cells – he was released on bail later today, after the negotiations took place.

Mr Wichai said he had been involved in the incident since it started with Mr Khalilifard parking his rented jeep in their parking area and blocking the way. Mr Khalilifard said he left the car with Ms Diehl sitting alone in it.

He said one of his colleagues tried to tell Ms Diehl to move the car but she refused to, so the colleague climbed in with the intention of moving it a couple of meters so that it was no longer blocking the way.

“When my friend tried to move the car, she started to hit him with a full large beer bottle,” Mr Wichai said.

He said that when Mr Khalilifard returned to the car and heard what had happened, he became angry.

“He pushed my friend,” he said. “Then, Mohamat went to separate them but the man attacked him.

“My friend and I saw that so we ran to them. When the man saw us, he maybe thought we were about to attack him so he started to run away.

“Then he came back with a broken beer bottle he had found in the road. People from around the area helped us to restrain him. Also, he punched a policeman who tried to stop him.

“He really wanted to slash him. You can see that the wound is very deep,” he said.

Ms Diehl told The Phuket News a very different story. She said that she and her fiancé do not drink alcohol because they are Muslim – which proved there could have been no large bottle of beer in their jeep.

“He parked the car and told them that he would come back very soon, then he went to buy a kebab nearby,” Ms Diehl said.

“I was scared when 10 men asked me to move the car. One of them started to get into the car and the others tried to push it. I begged them not to move the car because I was afraid the jeep might be damaged and my boyfriend was coming back very soon. But they shouted and threatened me.”

She said that her fiancé was very angry when he realised what had happened, but he was attacked by the group of Thais.

“They knocked him on the ground and I saw him bleeding,” she cried. “I think he tried to protect himself and he managed to reach the bottle. He lashed out in the chaos and hit the man in the cheek.”

By this time police had arrived, breaking up the fight and putting Mr Khalilifard in handcuffs.

Mr Mohamat was rushed to Patong Hospital, where he received 36 stitches to his right cheek. Mr Khalilifard, too, was taken to hospital with cuts on his head before being put in the police cells.

Mr Mohamat’s lawyer has demanded B1 million compensation for his client but after an hour’s negotiations no agreement could be reached.

“If the negotiations over the damages do not result in agreement, the case will have to go to court,” said Mr Suppawat. He added that the embassy would provide a lawyer for Mr Khalilifard.

No deal in talks over Phuket bottle slashing

PHUKET: A negotiation session between an Iranian man and his Peruvian fiancée, and a Thai man who had his face badly slashed in an nasty altercation in Phuket on Monday night (January 7) failed to reach a conclusion today (January 9).

Nattha Thepbamrung

Wednesday 9 January 2013, 06:08PM

1357729710_1.jpg

Mohamat Monot appeared at the meeting heavily bandaged where his face was slashed.

The negotiations were called at Kathu police station between Iranian Sina Khalilifard, 30, and his fiancée Liselotte Diehl, 34, on one side, and on the other Mohamat Monot, 21, who ended up with 36 stitches in his face after a fight in the car park next to the Tai Pan bar in Patong.

Ms Diehl was at the police station with her translator and a representative from the Iran embassy, Suppawat Watchara, while Mr Mohamat went with a colleague from the Patong Parking Lot, Wichai Saisamut, and his lawyer, Sarawut Sukban. Mr Khalilifard was still in the cells – he was released on bail later today, after the negotiations took place.

Mr Wichai said he had been involved in the incident since it started with Mr Khalilifard parking his rented jeep in their parking area and blocking the way. Mr Khalilifard said he left the car with Ms Diehl sitting alone in it.

He said one of his colleagues tried to tell Ms Diehl to move the car but she refused to, so the colleague climbed in with the intention of moving it a couple of meters so that it was no longer blocking the way.

“When my friend tried to move the car, she started to hit him with a full large beer bottle,” Mr Wichai said.

He said that when Mr Khalilifard returned to the car and heard what had happened, he became angry.

“He pushed my friend,” he said. “Then, Mohamat went to separate them but the man attacked him.

“My friend and I saw that so we ran to them. When the man saw us, he maybe thought we were about to attack him so he started to run away.

“Then he came back with a broken beer bottle he had found in the road. People from around the area helped us to restrain him. Also, he punched a policeman who tried to stop him.

“He really wanted to slash him. You can see that the wound is very deep,” he said.

Ms Diehl told The Phuket News a very different story. She said that she and her fiancé do not drink alcohol because they are Muslim – which proved there could have been no large bottle of beer in their jeep.

“He parked the car and told them that he would come back very soon, then he went to buy a kebab nearby,” Ms Diehl said.

“I was scared when 10 men asked me to move the car. One of them started to get into the car and the others tried to push it. I begged them not to move the car because I was afraid the jeep might be damaged and my boyfriend was coming back very soon. But they shouted and threatened me.”

She said that her fiancé was very angry when he realised what had happened, but he was attacked by the group of Thais.

“They knocked him on the ground and I saw him bleeding,” she cried. “I think he tried to protect himself and he managed to reach the bottle. He lashed out in the chaos and hit the man in the cheek.”

By this time police had arrived, breaking up the fight and putting Mr Khalilifard in handcuffs.

Mr Mohamat was rushed to Patong Hospital, where he received 36 stitches to his right cheek. Mr Khalilifard, too, was taken to hospital with cuts on his head before being put in the police cells.

Mr Mohamat’s lawyer has demanded B1 million compensation for his client but after an hour’s negotiations no agreement could be reached.

“If the negotiations over the damages do not result in agreement, the case will have to go to court,” said Mr Suppawat. He added that the embassy would provide a lawyer for Mr Khalilifard.

Still no CCTV footage, right?

After seeing first hand many times the actions of Mohamat and his ilk as described by the wife in the vehicle, I too tend to think their story is legit and Mohamat and his cronies are telling porkies. Just yesterday I saw a tourist park in a tuk tuk area, the tuk tuk drivers run up to this guy, pound on his wndow, and when the window went down they punched him then surrounded the vehicle before the guy drove off.

• Like 1

He picked it up off the floor after he himself had been attacked.

I would call it self defence if being hassled by 10 Thais

But as already stated the cctv probably was conveniently not working

After seeing first hand many times the actions of Mohamat and his ilk as described by the wife in the vehicle, I too tend to think their story is legit and Mohamat and his cronies are telling porkies. Just yesterday I saw a tourist park in a tuk tuk area, the tuk tuk drivers run up to this guy, pound on his wndow, and when the window went down they punched him then surrounded the vehicle before the guy drove off.

I had nearly the same thing happen to me a few years ago.I pulled up in Patong to check an address I had written down within a few seconds I had some fat aggressive thug banging on my car I dropped the window down luckily he was on the passenger side.He started calling over some more scum and then stuck his head through the window and started ranting about parking.I tried to explain I was only stopping to check something but he just wanted trouble I put the window up nearly trapping him and dropping him on the floor.Made my day.I really hate these cowardly scum.