Iranian Tourist Attacks Phuket Parking Attendant

webfact

Iranian tourist attacks Phuket parking attendant

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Iranian tourist Khalili Sina today attacked a Phuket parking service operator who was trying to shift the tourist’s rented jeep.

Khalili Sina allegedly smashed a broken beer bottle over the head of Muhammad Manoch, 21, and slashed his cheek.

The incident happened on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road in Patong at about 12:45am, Lt Col Jongserm Preecha of the Patong Police said.

“Witnesses said Mr Manoch was hit on his head and had his right cheek slashed with a broken beer bottle,” Lt Col Jongserm explained, adding that Mr Sina had allegedly been drinking at a bar before the fight.

“Mr Sina was driving the jeep and parked it in front of a nightclub. He got out of the car and went into a nearby convenience store while his wife waited in the car. Mr Muhammad, who works as a car park service operator, noticed the jeep was blocking the entrance to his parking area, and told Mr Sina's wife to move it,’’ Lt Col Jongserm said.

Mr Sina’s wife allegedly ignored Mr Muhammad’s request.

Mr Muhammad noticed the car's engine was still running so he tried to move the vehicle himself, Lt Col Jongserm explained.

When Mr Sina returned from the convenience store, he confronted Mr Muhammad.

“People who saw the incident tried to stop the fight. Witnesses took Mr Muhammad to Patong Hospital afterward,’’ Lt Col Jongserm added.

Patong Hospital emergency room staff told the Phuket Gazette Mr Muhammad received 36 stitches to his right cheek.

Mr Sina was treated for cuts on his left hand and fingers.

The 30-year-old Iranian, in Phuket on holiday with his wife, has been charged with assault.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...dant-19903.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>“Mr Sina was driving the jeep and parked it in front of a nightclub. He got out of the car and went into a nearby convenience store while his wife waited in the car. Mr Muhammad, who works as a car park service operator, noticed the jeep was blocking the entrance to his parking area, and told Mr Sina's wife to move it,’’ Lt Col Jongserm said.

So the guys parking area is inside the nightclub? I'm not quite sure how the vehicle could be in front of a nightclub yet be in front of "his parking area". Reading between the lines I'm sure this nice poor parking attendant was not very polite to said lady waiting in the vehicle. How is it that when a tuk tuk or taxi driver assaults a tourist ( as we've all read about), they never get arrested, yet, this guy is in cuffs and will end up paying quite a bit?

The Thai should be charged with theft !

You do not try to move another persons car !!

Parking attentant !! Yes for a private company, who there own the roads of Patong!

Are you kidding me??? It's quite common in Thailand to move parking cars out of the way, especially when the parking lot is full and they park in second rows. Also why did that arab have to park in front of the entrance of a parking lot?! Commons sense?????????????????????

I'd be very upset too if a 21yo cowboy tried to drive away my vehicle with my wife in it.

And you are not a muslim from Iran

I think, a Thai, with the given name Muhammad, could have thought about, what can happen, if a man climbed into a car with his (Muhammads) wife, maybe!

Edited by noob7
  • Like 1

The Thai should be charged with theft !

You do not try to move another persons car !!

Parking attentant !! Yes for a private company, who there own the roads of Patong!

Get real, if someone blocks my drive I would do the same, guess different where you come from.

I too would react very strongly to coming out of a shop to find some asshol_e trying to steal my car with my wife in it. It's fair to say the woman must have been freaking out too when the attendant decided to get into the car. However I do think that bottling someone is plain nasty, 36 stitches sounds pretty vicious.

Typically Iranian-muslim attitude from those "friendly" arabs. He should be "stoned" by the sharia-law. Those people can't do anything in their own country and think they can behave like this abroad. Second point. I read he was drinking in a bar. I hope it's not alcohol :) If so, another point to convict him by sharia-law. I hope they will give him a perfect punishment. 3 months jail or so incl. payments for the medical treatment for the attendant. What a fool!

• Like 1

Where in the article does it say he jumped into the jeep and tried to drive it, more likely he pushed it.

Does say the engine was running. Must admit it would be 'out of order' if he attempted to drive it, theft charge could be filed, but hitting with a bottle is just not the right action.
  • Like 1

I don't know what the rules are in Thailand but where I am from a person may lawfully move a vehicle that is causing an obstruction to a road or road related area (a driveway and parking lot are such) If the person has made reasonable attempts to have the owner or representative move the vehicle, then he can personally move it or have another person move it (tow truck) Sounds to me that the attendant made a reasonable attempt to have the wife move the vehicle but she just ignored him, maybe she did not speak thai or english but he did make an attempt. In Australia the attendant would be protected by law under the circumstances.

Edited by chooka

I don't know what the rules are in Thailand but where I am from a person may lawfully move a vehicle that is causing an obstruction to a road or road related area (a driveway and parking lot are such) If the person has made reasonable attempts to have the owner or representative move the vehicle, then he can personally move it or have another person move it (tow truck) Sounds to me that the attendant made a reasonable attempt to have the wife move the vehicle but she just ignored him, maybe she did not speak thai or english but he did make an attempt. In Australia the attended would be protected by law under the circumstances.

That might be correct if moved by a policeman or other gov official, here in Thailand.

I don't know what the rules are in Thailand but where I am from a person may lawfully move a vehicle that is causing an obstruction to a road or road related area (a driveway and parking lot are such) If the person has made reasonable attempts to have the owner or representative move the vehicle, then he can personally move it or have another person move it (tow truck) Sounds to me that the attendant made a reasonable attempt to have the wife move the vehicle but she just ignored him, maybe she did not speak thai or english but he did make an attempt. In Australia the attended would be protected by law under the circumstances.

You can be sure, in Patong he is even protected by law, in case he's doing something wrong!

• Like 1

Typically Iranian-muslim attitude from those "friendly" arabs. He should be "stoned" by the sharia-law. Those people can't do anything in their own country and think they can behave like this abroad. Second point. I read he was drinking in a bar. I hope it's not alcohol smile.png If so, another point to convict him by sharia-law. I hope they will give him a perfect punishment. 3 months jail or so incl. payments for the medical treatment for the attendant. What a fool!

And then report him to his embassy so he gets "lashings" of problems on his return home!! biggrin.pnggiggle.gif

Seeing as the motor was running, waiting a couple of minutes for the tourist to come back out of the convenience store was out the question I suppose. sad.png

Perhaps the attendant was pissed off with the continued problem of folk not finding a proper parking space and blocking things up, THAT is why the guy was obviously employed.

Seeing as the motor was running, waiting a couple of minutes for the tourist to come back out of the convenience store was out the question I suppose. sad.png

Perhaps the attendant was pissed off with the continued problem of folk not finding a proper parking space and blocking things up, THAT is why the guy was obviously employed.

If the attendant were actually in attendance, a couple of those loud whistles when the guy was stopping the vehicle there should've done the trick. :(

• Like 1

Typically Iranian-muslim attitude from those "friendly" arabs. He should be "stoned" by the sharia-law. Those people can't do anything in their own country and think they can behave like this abroad. Second point. I read he was drinking in a bar. I hope it's not alcohol smile.png If so, another point to convict him by sharia-law. I hope they will give him a perfect punishment. 3 months jail or so incl. payments for the medical treatment for the attendant. What a fool!

Iranians are NOT arabs rolleyes.gif ......................

• Like 1

If the attendant were actually in attendance, a couple of those loud whistles when the guy was stopping the vehicle there should've done the trick. sad.png

Perhaps he was dealing with other numnuts eh. thumbsup.gif

The Iranian couple should not have been driving. Tourists are supposed to use tuk-tuks.

I believe you are correct! You should be a politician! Afterall, you have reminded me that under Thai law:

- No foreigner can undertake paid or unpaid work without a work permit within the kingdom, and:

- If the job as such can be filled by a Thai person, it should be.

So, either, the driver should have been on a work visa, or we are admitting here that Thai's cannot drive - this we know is wrong, Thais are fast and amazing drivers! Mohammed was simply saving the Iranian couple from Chalerm!

Edited by TheGhostWithin