For The Birds !

samuijimmy

I was sneaking around the bushes, must have been like an elephant, trying to get close to the Little Egrets. Imagine the pictures I could have taken if I had been in one of the rented paddle boats. Well, as I'm 4 times bigger than the boat I can also imagine the Thai people catching sight of this "What the duck is that?"

But to be on the water taking pictures would have been perfect looking straight in on their nests.

I will take one of those "Air Stewardess diets" over night and see if I can rent a boat tomorrow

attachicon.gif12.jpg

attachicon.gif13.jpg

attachicon.gif14.jpg

The Rod Stuart Bird. Nice Shots..thumbsup.gif

^Have you been to Safari Park in Safari World (Minburi, Bangkok)? You can get your car right up to 100s of storks and others for great picture opportunities.

Thank you

I cannot speak for the other members posting pictures here. But I have an (stupid?) idea that I want to see the animals in their freedom. There are safari worlds that might be worth visiting. But I have heard a lot on how animals are treated here during my years in Thailand so I keep well clear

They should close the zoos and open more national parks as the habitats disappears in an alarming rate all over the world.

Totally agree no birdparks or zoos for me as well !

Won't be long until there is no wildlife found on our planet, I want to experience the birds in the wild in their natural habitat!

Gives me so much more pleasure to see a bird flying free, than locked up in a cage or even aviary!

Plahgat

Plain Prinia. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610576-for-the-birds/?p=10899564

Second one you are right!

Plahgat

Thank you

I had put it as a plain Prinia. I tooka picture of the brown Prinia and they didn't looked the same, but almost. I compared on the internet and the brown Prinia only have one dot on the tail and the Plain Prinia had 3 as the one I took the picture of.

Identifying, not easy and thats why I like the colourful birds as they are usually very easy to identify

These small birds, sometimes they look like me

post-4761-0-43808800-1468403913_thumb.jp

I don't know what they do with their feathers, but they look like a ball, and sometimes the same bird look like a stick

But I get some exercise out of it and it is really nice to walk around looking at the flora and fauna

Thanks for the help identifying the birds

^Have you been to Safari Park in Safari World (Minburi, Bangkok)? You can get your car right up to 100s of storks and others for great picture opportunities.

Thank you

I cannot speak for the other members posting pictures here. But I have an (stupid?) idea that I want to see the animals in their freedom. There are safari worlds that might be worth visiting. But I have heard a lot on how animals are treated here during my years in Thailand so I keep well clear

They should close the zoos and open more national parks as the habitats disappears in an alarming rate all over the world.

Totally agree no birdparks or zoos for me as well !

Won't be long until there is no wildlife found on our planet, I want to experience the birds in the wild in their natural habitat!

Gives me so much more pleasure to see a bird flying free, than locked up in a cage or even aviary!

Plahgat

Zoos and safari parks if done properly have many purposes.

FYI while the animals at Safari World are kept in large areas by fences, for obvious reasons, but the birdlife seems free to fly in and out.

Dear Samuijjimmy

Finally someone posting pictures!

I think you mean one new bird. And I would not be surprised if it is a spotted dove

The other picture is our old "friend" the Yellow vented bulbul

Philchumpon, beautiful!

But I think that they will give you a hard time for the frames. I used to have frames, but I ended up in the penalty box

A beautiful bird, and we will hopefully have more bird pictures coming

• Like 1

Yes, need stuff to make a nest and he is in a hurry to find a female before he goes bald like I have seen quite a few of them by now in Bangkok

I have sen a few new birds, but as I'm in Australia I cannot post the pictures here. Yes, I have seen a NOT BALD Common Myna, but also quite a few other birds that we don't have in Thailand. Among them a bird with what I would like to say atypical Australian name Willie Wagtail

Yesterday I was flying, no swimming with a beautiful turtle.

attachicon.gif205.jpg

attachicon.gif209.jpg

attachicon.gif212.jpg

He swam in to something looking like a tunnel and I swam over to the other side. But there was no exit and I lost him

With a wee bit of imagination it looks like a bird!

I have seen what I would say are Willy Wagtails up here in Uttaradit. They make the same sound, have the same mannerisms and are black and white. The black seems to be have a slightly browner tone than the ones around Perth. So they might be a different species.