For The Birds !

samuijimmy

.... And I met a new friend, Mr. Black Bear below. That was a bonus and suddenly it had been worth getting out of bed 5 in the morning. But I was very lucky that he was in a good mood as I was standing only 5 meters from the bear when she/ he walked out from the bushes. Kraeng Krachai have a fantastic bird life but now I know that there are more than birds and it can be dangerous. There have also been Leopards in the area....

attachicon.gif332.jpg

attachicon.gif333.jpg

attachicon.gif334.jpg

attachicon.gif335.jpg

attachicon.gif336.jpg

attachicon.gif337.jpg

attachicon.gif338.jpg

Great pictures!

Although it's not a Black Bear it's a Malayan Sun Bear, Ursus malayanus!rolleyes.gif

The smallest of the Bear species!thumbsup.gif

Plahgat

• Like 2

Yes, me and names, I mean Kaeng Kachan national park

The racket tailed Drongo, I have seen plenty of them and I have taken many pictures of them. But non of them any good. A beautiful bird, looking black and boring. But blueish in the sun.

This pictures of yours with the hornbill and the Drongo is excellent. The Drongo is famous for even attacking big birds of prey flying over their territory. Diving at them aiming for their eyes.

And if I'm right they give the Drongo credit for a diverse bird life at some places due to their ability to sound like many different birds and thus attracting many different birds to come and live in the area

• Like 1

Suan Rot Fai and the Queen sirikit park, are two parks joined together by the very bridge I mention above. It is very close to the weekend market, just across from Central Lad Prao. You reach it with the subway and a few minutes walk

On weekends it is full of people, but go there on a weekday early morning and you will not be disappointed

Red lotus sea, you should go in December and January when all the red lotus flowers are bloming or what ever they call it. The lake is covered in red lotus flowers. You fly to Udon Thani and then you stay over night and then you leave early morning, about 45 minutes from the city centre

I rented a car and driver for one day and I covered a lot of area

• Like 1