For The Birds !

samuijimmy

On 03/09/2016 at 10:07 PM, Aladdin said:

9.jpg

I don't know, at least I have a hart time saying of we had some kind of communication or if she/ he was just calling for help

:thumbsup:

Nice story, Aladdin, and nice shots!

Your great pics all over here very well show how much you love birds and birding...

Bravo!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working for the past week or so 200km south of HCMC on the coast and there's a noticeable lack of bird life here. Area would be similar to coastal areas west and east of BKK but I think I've seen no more than 5 birds. Never heard bird song yet. Someone says it's because the locals catch and eat but I don't know if that's true.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:58 PM, Aladdin said:

4.jpg

5.jpg

Used to have one of these as pet a few years back... I hand raised it when I rescued it from off the road in the middle of the night where it had fallen from a nest.  He could speak Thai, English and Bird.  He was allowed out the cage to fly about the garden in the daytime... and after a couple of years he attracted a wild mate and they nested in the roof of my pool pump house.  Had a lovely family of his own and then left with them to join a huge wild flock.  It was always funny to see him singing to his mate and talking to her in English... bet she was confused! 

• Like 3