Nigerian Letters From Thailand.

Tanaka

Had an email today with a Nigerian scam. But from an alleged hiso Thai woman. Do people really beleive this crap? Oh, and there is no Birmingham hospital in London:

Dear Beloved in Christ,

To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Date: Fri, Jan 11, 2013 7:16 pm

From Mrs Adung Thawatchai.

Dear Beloved in Christ,

I am the above named person from Thailand. I married to Mr. Piyawat Thawatchai who worked with Thailand embassy in Japan for nine years before we left to Bangkok Thailand where he was re-appointed as a minister of foreign affair before his untimely death in the year 2010 during red-shirt activity.

We were married for eleven years without a child. He died in his home country Thailand after a brief illness that lasted for only four days Before his death we were both born again Christian. Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of $4.1M usd (Four Million One hundred thousand U.S.

Dollars)in cash deposit.

Recently, my Doctor told me that I have serious sickness which is cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is the high blood preasure sickness. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a church or individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want a church or individual that will use this fund for orphanages, widows,propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that “Blessed is the hand that giveth” I took this decision because I don’t have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don’t want my husband’s efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don’t want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision to contact you.

I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that “the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace”. I don’t need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband’s relatives were around me always. I don’t want them to know about this development.

With God all things are possible. I shall provide you all legal paper's regarding this project. I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in Spirit and Truth.

Hoping to receive your reply.presently,I am Birmgham hospital in London.

Remain blessed in the Lord.

Yours in Christ,

Mrs Adung Thawatchai.

Just a local rehash of the same tired old scam. Someone just did a little half assed research and plugged it into the classic Nigerian scam letter. And yes some people still fall for these obvious scams... The most successful scam I know of is the boyfriend / husband candidate who comes out of nowhere (probably dating site) This scammer poses as a Farang who sometimes is in Malaysia or the U.K. He speaks of much wealth - as he targets not so young - not so slim - not so attractive women. After a few weeks of romance where - via chat and email - he offers to come to Thailand visit her - work out arrangements for marriage. He even offers to send her large amounts of money - direct to her bank account :) If getting into her bank account does not work - tthen - OH BUT - you know my money is all tied up in investments - so Thai lady could you send me 35,000 Baht for airfare .. yada yada yada... But i know Thai women who have fallen for it - even sending the 35K Baht...

No - i don't think she would - mercy me!!! I know of this one gal down in Surat Thani (more than just a bit chubby) who was promised four million baht by a person who said he was a U.K. guy in Malaysia ... then he wanted money airline tickets - 35K Baht... Last I heard she was still talking to the guy on IM .. .Amazing.

I know of a woman in my hometown in North Texas who was promised marriage via some African scam - she sent money for tickets to the guy to fly from South Africa to Texas - a tidy sum ... and well he did not arrive at the airport when she went to pick him up... Wow! Wow! Wow!

Below is an official Australian government web site that talks in detail regards Nigerian romance scam emails, as well as a media report that talks to financial fraud emails. The scams cost Australian citizens millions of dollars a year, even though the police have also warned Australians via the media. When in Australia, nearly every day I received a Nigerian scam email. It's a huge worldwide fraud industry.

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/datingromancescams

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/aussies-lose-millions-to-nigerian-scams/story-e6frg6oo-1111116415846

the lord is my shephard, i shall not want, i have my rod in my hand.

cant remember the rest, is that right, i got my rod in my hand now, whats next.

The answer's in the letter:- The Bible made us to understand that “Blessed is the hand that giveth”

Get on with it....

• Like 1

so Thai lady could you send me 35,000 Baht for airfare .. yada yada yada... But i know Thai women who have fallen for it - even sending the 35K Baht...

I know of several Farang men, that also have fallen for it. Somehow, they ended up losing millions. sad.png