7 Year Itch

N47HAN

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The place is quite pleasant with a number of concrete (and some wooden) outdoor tables and benches. It's surrounded by rubber and banana trees and is a good place for a few sundowners. It is a shop, but doubles as a bar.

I don't drink the Chang myself as I can't stand the stuff. I usually have a 42 baht heinekin.

The place is quite pleasant with a number of concrete (and some wooden) outdoor tables and benches. It's surrounded by rubber and banana trees and is a good place for a few sundowners. It is a shop, but doubles as a bar.

I don't drink the Chang myself as I can't stand the stuff. I usually have a 42 baht heinekin.

Do they have chickens wandering around?

Only then would it feel authentic. ;)

@ maturebrit

He's the richest guy on the planet, he can live wherever he wants. Sure, he's Mexican, but that doesn't mean he has to live in Mexico.

didnt say has to..... isnt choice for the individual? I chose to live here in Thailand but in two weeks I will be gone.....see..its all about individual choices

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

@ maturebrit

He's the richest guy on the planet, he can live wherever he wants. Sure, he's Mexican, but that doesn't mean he has to live in Mexico.

didnt say has to..... isnt choice for the individual? I chose to live here in Thailand but in two weeks I will be gone.....see..its all about individual choices

Where are you moving to?

@ maturebrit

Where are you moving to?

And quite importantly, where in Thailand are you moving from?

I think one of the biggest complaint I here from the grumbling expats is the fact that a Sang Som and coke used to cost 10 baht in 1985, some people cant understand inflation. I think when I first got here a bottle of Chang was 40 baht at my local. Its now 50 baht, 1 baht a year on a beer isnt going to break my budget.

I think when peoples budgets get encroached on that is when they want to leave, its more about money than anything else

I disagree. I am independantly wealthly and I retired here to Phuket in my mid forties. It has nothing to do with rising prices for me. My total expense budget here is less than 15 percent of the passive income from my invested wealth. So I have circa 85 percent of my passive income getting reinvested to hedge against inflation. The CPI will really have to get off the hook to starve me out.

However, for me my primary motivators to leave Phuket are (in the following order):

1. Risk of death or injury from a traffic accident. Inflation is a tiny issue, a serious traffic accident is a show stopper.

2. Mismanagement of coastal resources

3. The growing prevalence of Ya Ice usage amongst the youth

4. Dual pricing

5. 14 day millionaires from bogan ville Australia

6. Corruption

My primary motivator for leaving Thailand is:

1. Complex and uneccessary visa rules

I disagree. I am independantly wealthly and I retired here to Phuket in my mid forties. It has nothing to do with rising prices for me. My total expense budget here is less than 15 percent of the passive income from my invested wealth. So I have circa 85 percent of my passive income getting reinvested to hedge against inflation. The CPI will really have to get off the hook to starve me out.

However, for me my primary motivators to leave Phuket are (in the following order):

1. Risk of death or injury from a traffic accident. Inflation is a tiny issue, a serious traffic accident is a show stopper.

2. Mismanagement of coastal resources

3. The growing prevalence of Ya Ice usage amongst the youth

4. Dual pricing

5. 14 day millionaires from bogan ville Australia

6. Corruption

My primary motivator for leaving Thailand is:

1. Complex and uneccessary visa rules

That's an interesting post - to me.

I too retired here in Phuket in my later 40s. Through careful financial management I too now find myself in a similar spend/income ratio (multiple income sources inside and outside Thailand).

I minimise my road death risk by never driving a motor bike.

I don't really worry about inflation.

Worry about coastal resources - not really.

Stay away from the yaba youth, and the not so young yaba users.

Dual pricing - not really.

Bogans - not really.

Corruption - I live with that.

Visa rules - I live with that and am patient (and I also deal with the Work permit hurdles).

• Like 1