Thai Labour Law - Salary Deductions For Employers Tax Error

Dear TV Members,

Today I was informed that for the last year I have not been paying the correct tax. This is something that should have been automatically deducted from my wages, essentially the responsibility of the finance office. Now they are asking for extra tax payments to be deducted from my monthly salary for the next 6-12 months. While I agree that I should pay tax I feel it unfair that I will now be out of pocket because of their error.

I managed to find a Malaysian labour law stating that errors such as this can only be deducted for the preceding three months, I am hopeful Thailand has something similar. I would greatly appreciate the advice on my rights on this issue.

Thanks

Taxes are due here by the end of March.

The Revenue Department will figure what you owe, deduct the amount you already payed, and ask for the rest.

If you owed a lot more than you had deducted, then you might want to change the amount they deduct each month.

You are the one responsible for your taxes, not your employer.

Terry

Yeap....you are responsible for the the taxes not your employer

"Now they are asking for extra tax payments to be deducted from my monthly salary for the next 6-12 months"

count yourself lucky, they are trying to help you.....they could have taken the whole amount owed in one go, i wouldnt be making too many "legal" rumblings in this situation

Edited by Soutpeel