Whats Your Budget In Phuket?

IrishIvan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...

I never thought about calculating how much I spend on average in a month.

I guess I must spend quite a lot on all the things that make my life easy, enjoyable and comfortable, as well as a few toys.

But I save a lot on the family side (I do not have a wife).

What is sure is that you beat me with the car fuel... In fact you probably beat everyone in this regard clap2.gif

However, when I use my boat it eats 30.000 baht of fuel... every hour (at 20 knots) ... And since I use the boat quite a lot, overall we might be "even" thumbsup.gif

As you said, the more you earn the more you spend. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

interesting! you own and use a small aircraft carrier for leisure cruises who's engines gobble up 600 liters of premium 95 octane fuel? whom are you trying to bullsh*t man? dry.png

i had a 36' powered by two 400HP Volvos which burned around 90 liters an hour at full blast.

Then you should know that a 78' with 2 Caterpillar 1700HP (or anything bigger) burns much more than your 36'...

At 32 knots it burns even more.

Oh, and no, I do not try to "bullsh*t you", it is indeed possible to go at 32 knots with a 78'. But you must know that for sure. You seem experienced...

Did you really need to use the word "bullsh*t" ? You would not lose anything by writing in a more mature manner.

These boats gobble diesel fuel, not premium 95 octane, by the way...'

Edited by gerry1011

Now let's see:-

Rent = 2500 Bt / Month

Transport = 1000 Bt / Month

Food = 4500 Bt / Month

Other = 1500 Bt / Month

Total 9,500 Bt per month. Easy-peasy.

Was that in 1992?

I had a friend that lived here a few years ago and his budget was 15K per month and he kept track of every single baht. His rent was 4K, owned a bike and truck, and somehow made it work. I guess you learn to like Chang and Leo.

• 5 months later...

2 meals a day for me in thailand@2 thai street stall....if phuket town is 35thb a meal, in karon 40thb a meal.

1 in the morning and another one dinner.....or

1 lunch and 1 supper

about 130thb on meals + supercheap coffee home + ciggie if stay put in karon condo...swimming and gym free.

I find it is more of individual preferences.......if you are used to spending 50,000thb a mth, you would spend around tad amt naturally without you realising.

If you are used to spending 12,000thb a mth, you too would spend around tad amt naturally without you realising.

I'm more interested in knowing how to spend 6000thb a mth in phuket per mth.wai2.gifcoffee1.gif

We are a family of 3. Son is almost 3.

Current spending:

Rent, electric, internet, water 20,000

Car payment and gas 10,000

Kindergarten 11,000

Groceries 7000

Eating out 7500

Insurance 6000

other stuff 5000

minimum spending is 70,000 per month, could not live on less than that.

Current spending:

Kindergarten 11,000

Groceries 7000

Eating out 7500

Insurance 6000

other stuff 5000

Try cutting down on groceries/other staff and gas ....i think you can shave another 10,000thb.

You might consider modifying your car to run on LPG gas instead of gasoline, KL taxi driver mentioned total savings of about 40%

compared to normal gasoline after conversion.wai2.gif

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jul/13/petrol-lpg-fuel-cost-savings

Current spending:

Kindergarten 11,000

Groceries 7000

Eating out 7500

Insurance 6000

other stuff 5000

Try cutting down on groceries/other staff and gas ....i think you can shave another 10,000thb.

You might consider modifying your car to run on LPG gas instead of gasoline, KL taxi driver mentioned total savings of about 40%

Cutting down on 7,000 Baht per month groceries for a family of 3?

Current spending:

Kindergarten 11,000

Groceries 7000

Eating out 7500

Insurance 6000

other stuff 5000

Cutting down on 7,000 Baht per month groceries for a family of 3?

groceries and others total = 12,000thb

I think it is easy to shave at least 40% of that amount......no?

On other areas thaibutty did a very good jobwai2.gif

Interesting topic. It might be more interesting to see how much you can save in the bank, at the end of each month. For me, I my savings average 30,000 baht. I think that is pretty damn good. It is the challenge of frugal (but not low-class) living that makes my life more interesting. Yes, I take my gal out to dinner once a day, and "do the town" about 4 times a month (discos, dancing, live music). We rent a large old house and have not credit payments. Also fly to the Philippines 3 times a year and once a year to the States. After settling in (took a year or two) I can now relax and have enough in the bank for emergencies. In about 3 years I could pay up front for a new car. (Now have second hand truck and bike). Its a good life so far.

Interesting topic. It might be more interesting to see how much you can save in the bank, at the end of each month. For me, I my savings average 30,000 baht. I think that is pretty dam_n good. It is the challenge of frugal (but not low-class) living that makes my life more interesting. Yes, I take my gal out to dinner once a day, and "do the town" about 4 times a month (discos, dancing, live music). We rent a large old house and have not credit payments. Also fly to the Philippines 3 times a year and once a year to the States. After settling in (took a year or two) I can now relax and have enough in the bank for emergencies. In about 3 years I could pay up front for a new car. (Now have second hand truck and bike). Its a good life so far.

And your budget is......

Interesting topic. It might be more interesting to see how much you can save in the bank, at the end of each month. For me, I my savings average 30,000 baht. I think that is pretty dam_n good. It is the challenge of frugal (but not low-class) living that makes my life more interesting. Yes, I take my gal out to dinner once a day, and "do the town" about 4 times a month (discos, dancing, live music). We rent a large old house and have not credit payments. Also fly to the Philippines 3 times a year and once a year to the States. After settling in (took a year or two) I can now relax and have enough in the bank for emergencies. In about 3 years I could pay up front for a new car. (Now have second hand truck and bike). Its a good life so far.

And your budget is......

Probably average about 50,000 budget. It varies month to month....

You have a very nice bike there........is it honda steed 400cc??

Air tickets is a drain especially if you like travelling........yes hopping around from country to country does make your life more interesting and fun.thumbsup.gif

Current spending:

Kindergarten 11,000

Groceries 7000

Eating out 7500

Insurance 6000

other stuff 5000

There has been quite a few serios incidents with LPG tanks blowing up in Thailand, faulty fittings and shoddy workmanship are the main reasons, I wont be risking my life with LPG to save a few satangs

Current spending:

Kindergarten 11,000

Groceries 7000

Eating out 7500

Insurance 6000

other stuff 5000

There has been quite a few serios incidents with LPG tanks blowing up in Thailand, faulty fittings and shoddy workmanship are the main reasons, I wont be risking my life with LPG to save a few satangs

Thanx for sharing.wai2.gif

I don't live there so this is strictly a holiday budget but when in Phuket I usually budget for 8-10k per say aside from accommodation. That's strictly my food and night time activities so any day trips are on top of that. Lady drinks in Tiger kill me

You have a very nice bike there........is it honda steed 400cc??

It's a Honda Phantom 175cc 2 stroke. I bought it for 30,000 baht over a year ago. Would not sell it at the price I got it for. Thats what I mean about "frugal".

Nice bike......good price also.thumbsup.gif

I think is 150cc honda phantom my fren used to ride when giving me a lift back to camp about 12yrs back.

He mentioned this bike can go about 350km before e next refill at a crusing speed 70km/h.

Nice backrest and comfy seat.wai2.gif

• Like 1