Farm Photos

shaggy1969

They are dangerous, and can turn, years ago in Bangkok as a drunk tourist I was feeding an elephant then I turned around as a passing fruit vendor rolled his trolley along, thinking that's exactly what I wanted, I ordered Pineapple, vendor opened the Perspex top and next thing I know the elephant has grabbed half the fruit in one swoop!

I happily paid for it as it was very funny.

• Like 1

They are dangerous, and can turn, years ago in Bangkok as a drunk tourist I was feeding an elephant then I turned around as a passing fruit vendor rolled his trolley along, thinking that's exactly what I wanted, I ordered Pineapple, vendor opened the Perspex top and next thing I know the elephant has grabbed half the fruit in one swoop!

Yep. not like a dog you can scare away. my kids and as usual when you have a elephant in the Soi all the village kids following, plus women.

Big bastard ate 3 big, what ever you call banana clumps in a minute.

Everyone was laughing, probably the elephant as well.

Lesson learned, hang your bananas at the back of the house to ripen. Jim

• Like 2

Yep. not like a dog you can scare away. my kids and as usual when you have a elephant in the Soi all the village kids following, plus women.

Big bastard ate 3 big, what ever you call banana clumps in a minute.

Everyone was laughing, probably the elephant as well.

Lesson learned, hang your bananas at the back of the house to ripen. Jim

I learned never, ever to show any sign of hostility to elephants. They will remember and are able to hold that grudge for years.

Since you are living around elephants maybe you knew this already?smile.png

attachicon.gif1361789676298.jpgattachicon.gif1361789717095.jpg this is mrs aussieruss all thai garden in oz all the thai girls come to visit i dont no why rgds mrs aussieruss PS some items growen by scoop1

That lawnmower looks very lonely ... laugh.png

That lawn mower doesn't like qualified for the task at hand..biggrin.png

I think Mrs aussieruss would put a nice dent in Mr aussierussies head with the lawnmower if he went near her garden with it !!!

attachicon.gif1361789676298.jpgattachicon.gif1361789717095.jpg this is mrs aussieruss all thai garden in oz all the thai girls come to visit i dont no why rgds mrs aussieruss PS some items growen by scoop1

That lawnmower looks very lonely ... laugh.png

That lawn mower doesn't like qualified for the task at hand..biggrin.png

I think Mrs aussieruss would put a nice dent in Mr aussierussies head with the lawnmower if he went near her garden with it !!!

Nice 1, Shaggy, now await his reply....

Edited by Dancealot

hi all Ihave given up going out the back.as for mowing well i cant so more time for drinking.not a bad trade off .but will do something when it starts coming in the back door.may be some round up PS we live 1km from the ocean andevery thing goes baserk as you can see .the other good thing no expensive thai veggie bills. but the grog bills up rgds russell

hi all Ihave given up going out the back.as for mowing well i cant so more time for drinking.not a bad trade off .but will do something when it starts coming in the back door.may be some round up PS we live 1km from the ocean andevery thing goes baserk as you can see .the other good thing no expensive thai veggie bills. but the grog bills up rgds russell

Thanks for the reply Mr. Aussieruss.

My farm backyard.

I understand now my first shot has been over lighted after months of discussing with fellow posters here.

And i have learned a lot from them. For example in this POV i should have been able to set my ISO down.

post-70928-0-23093100-1361819498_thumb.j

This backyard is very properly organized and maintained ^ ^

I took the shot from their ingenious 'rising waterpit' after struggling to get on to it.

post-70928-0-20254200-1361819680_thumb.jpost-70928-0-29743800-1361819693_thumb.j

Do you see the pressure generated from this high water tower can be used to irrigate the entire backyard?

post-70928-0-02262500-1361819838_thumb.j

This simple but crafty and inventive tubing system has been installed by these clever Thai farmers.

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

Baan's Birthday party 06

God!!!! that must be back breaking work planting the rice like that.... When I visit my rice growing friends in Songkhla after paddling the field, an army of ladies appear out of the bushes (seemed that way, anyway biggrin.png ) and scatter the seed directly onto the mucky soil, then the paddies are slowly flooded! (over about two days)

That scattering part I don't seem to have pictures for anymore! w00t.gif

One day, I will as promised post pics of the process from paddling to harvest Songkhla style ! ! Rice harvesting machine et al!!!! wink.pngthumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1