Farm Photos

shaggy1969

i was going to put a like ron,,, but ,,,,,

f££$ing dogs,

thats why our farm is well fenced off, and to be honest it would be a very brave dog to face our 2 big ones, and of course our jack russell,

i once had the mother in laws dog kill 2 geese, that was before all the fencing,

touch wood i havnt seen a dog on our land for a number of years now, the front gates are allways locked and our dogs have the free fun of the farm,

i wish them luck ron,

• Like 1

f££$ing dogs,

thats why our farm is well fenced off, and to be honest it would be a very brave dog to face our 2 big ones, and of course our jack russell,

i once had the mother in laws dog kill 2 geese, that was before all the fencing,

touch wood i havnt seen a dog on our land for a number of years now, the front gates are allways locked and our dogs have the free fun of the farm,

i wish them luck ron,

It's sad really because she lives in a house next door to us in the main part of the village and her farm is around a kilometer away,Since the pigs arrived a couple of weeks ago,she has slept every night out there in a shack 50 metres away from the pigs.That was just in case they grew an extra pair of legs and jumped the fence.

• Like 1

it is sad mate,

we are lucky that all our animals are with us on the same land, the pigs are about 100mtrs away from the house, the house at one end of the farm and the pigs at the other end,

with the ducks in between,

and the fruit trees in between that,lol,

its bad when she tries to do something like farm a few pigs and this happens, that will be her profit gone for this batch,

shame,

Bad luck there for your SIL and her pigs mate,as Jake already said,there's her profit gone.

Just hope that the traumatic experience doesn't have any after affects on the remaining 5.

Anymore developments at your place Jake? Do you have your own website yet?

Bad luck there for your SIL and her pigs mate,as Jake already said,there's her profit gone.

Just hope that the traumatic experience doesn't have any after affects on the remaining 5.

Anymore developments at your place Jake? Do you have your own website yet?

hi shaggy alls going well here,

yep website up and running, thaifarmlife.com and as you know ive been posting on youtube,

got visitors waiting to come, 1 bloke has booked both rooms for christmas hes coming with his wife and son and his mate and his g/f, so that will be nice to have company here,

ive got others booked in and one waiting to come as soon as we are ready, ive got to get the tv man here to do arial for the set top boxes, ive got 2 of them digi boxes and a cd player in the rooms, we have many films people can watch,

ive got a little bit more landscaping to do and we will be open for visitors,

like ive said on the web site we arnt a farm stay, we are a working farm, we dont have a pool ect, and the edges of the grass wont be all cut nice,,lol,

but i do think peole will enjoy having a chat about farming here in thailand, not just farming, building the house ect,

we will see mate, if it works it works if it dosnt then ill have 2 nice rooms for family and the girls,

• Like 1

A little Northern Farming from my mt bike ride yesterday.

Mt%2520bike%2520new%2520trail%2520%25200

I started reading all the posts on this thread a few days ago. Great stories and fantastic photos BUT this photo took my breath away - it's absolutely gorgeous! Great shot!

Not sure I agree with you but I thank you very much. I guess we like what we like and that is perhaps the way it should be. There are a lot of very good shots in here.

i like to compare the thai photos with my many travels in us. i compare the size of thai vs photos vs driving the western us where scenery can be never changing for 300 mil+ then i make a comparasaion to choices thia vs us farm size, crop diversity,rainfall amounts, etc as familes pass on in thailand the choice of farming style must be adjusted to reflect the many other potential farm product supplers who may compete with usa,, russia and part6s of south america are really the only one i can thank due to possible expansion. thailand can go vertical in small selective areas but devote ag land to farming and go after industrial areas, improve schooling and compete with the real world

mucg of europe has sho0w what works mand what has not.

f££$ing dogs,

i wish them luck ron,

It's sad really because she lives in a house next door to us in the main part of the village and her farm is around a kilometer away,Since the pigs arrived a couple of weeks ago,she has slept every night out there in a shack 50 metres away from the pigs.That was just in case they grew an extra pair of legs and jumped the fence.

Ron

How many times has this come up on TV dogs in Thailand ,round here I have heard farmers talk about dogs attacking young calves at night time,one farm had some dogs from the local temple come one night, and killed 2 of his young calves.

What I was going to say, try an electric ring fence ,with 3 strands of wire,1 about a foot from the ground,second 18 inches,3ed about 2 foot,you can use bamboo stakes, with motorcycle inner tube as insulators,and plain galvanized wire,use electric gates ,I use the blue mains cable,as a handle,we had a dog come at night and dig up some of the wife's flowers,I put one strand of wire across our drive, after 2 shocks he has not been back.

You should be able to get fencer unit from a hardware store at your local market.

Good luck.

• Like 1