Farm Photos

shaggy1969

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man so excited After being in bangsaphan with 50 rai of rubber trees for 7 years ,where no bastard speaks english. We have just bought 10 rai near Sukhothai. Check out the view. Had to share this. Am hoping to meet some of the farang and give them an ear bashing. Got plans to build house here and move up here after selling rubber trees in bangsaphan.
Check out the view. Sooo happy.
Planning to start an etan/dakdak club. Any ideas. Guys guys english speaking area fiiiiiiinally.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Farmers growing rice in this area of Uttaradit have taken a beating over the past two days. Firstly, on Monday night with strong winds and very heavy rain overnight and followed last night by more heavy rain. This image is only one of many in the same situation and to me looks like it could be a total loss with most of the rice ready for harvest now under water. My wife says that it will go black inside ( mould ? ) and could not even be used for stock feed.

Nature can be cruel at times like the situation here and those further south being in a worse one with the flooding.

suPhfYh91LPbEdJ9sJBfTBKFi3eWMVIxGFxB4IGw

And the situation appears to be getting worse with an announcement that the government will stop farmers from collecting their own seed rice from "commercial" strains they have grown. Patent protection looms like has happened to soy and corn in most parts of the world. 

And the situation appears to be getting worse with an announcement that the government will stop farmers from collecting their own seed rice from "commercial" strains they have grown. Patent protection looms like has happened to soy and corn in most parts of the world. 

Correct me if im wrong. Does this mean all farmers will be forced to sell 100% of there grain rice ? Then 2 days later buy more grain to sow the next crop? How they going to police this?
Or is it just for certian strains of rice?

Dont stress mate. I asked my very astute wife about it. She just said
" oh yes i know about that,its not for all farmers who want to continue growing there own rice. They can continue to keep seed for the next crop. Its to stop somebody eg a big company for example planting the seed which is covered by a patent owned by a company who bread that strain of rice,then selling it in volume under the name with the patent. "
So all in all i understand it and why. Theyve gonevto big expenses to produce that strain of rice or vegtable or flower ect.
Ok hope this clarifies it a bit clearer
Cheers cobbler

1 hour ago, cobbler said:

Wow wats that worth? How do they feed the hay into it?

Don't know the price of it.Wouldn't think more than 50-60,000 looking at it.

They are designed to pull up next to the stationary rice threshers that put the chaff into a pile.

Manual load through the top in centre section to feed it,had twine inside but didn't take a close look to see if auto or manual tie off. 

Handy if you run a few cows or buffalo or need bedding for other animals and the farmer wants rid of the pile instead of burning it.

On 27/10/2017 at 5:25 PM, farmerjo said:

Don't know the price of it.Wouldn't think more than 50-60,000 looking at it.

They are designed to pull up next to the stationary rice threshers that put the chaff into a pile.

Manual load through the top in centre section to feed it,had twine inside but didn't take a close look to see if auto or manual tie off. 

Handy if you run a few cows or buffalo or need bedding for other animals and the farmer wants rid of the pile instead of burning it.

Been around  for a good few years have  ,seen them advertised in farming mags  15 years ago ,thay should have  auto knoters on them ,did  see one working  once ,a long time ago ,enough to give a uk safty man  a heart attack ,with those packing  needles ,a  bit slow,but as FJ said  just ment for a few bales at a  time 

Started the rice harvest today,drove straight in and got bogged.
Fil failed to mention he pumped water on it last week when i was away.:saai:
Finally got going and finished it,that was sticky rice,jasmine a couple of weeks away.

20171111134346-min.jpg.40219baffb101522c84b03f38c96ddfc.jpg
20171111135251-min.jpg.40e054d7e4972e4024721a9cc63730c0.jpg

Mate thats great. Youll have the answers im looking for.
1. Is it your harvester?
2. If not your harvester. How much per rai is the cost for harvesting?
3. What is the profir per rai for sticky rice and jasmine rice please. Average is fine thanks.
4. Are you doing it organic or non organic?
Ive been trying to find this imformation for a while so im very happy to see somebody doing Jasmine and sticky rice.
Cheers Cobbler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First time that I've seen this done in Thailand and have to say I don't know what it is going to be used for.

It is what is left over after sugar cane has been harvested by machine. I'd imagine that there would be very 

little feed value if any for it to be used as stock feed.DSC04287.JPG

DSC04259.jpg

DSC04296.JPG

1 hour ago, Ron19 said:

First time that I've seen this done in Thailand and have to say I don't know what it is going to be used for.

It is what is left over after sugar cane has been harvested by machine. I'd imagine that there would be very 

little feed value if any for it to be used as stock feed.DSC04296.JPG

DSC04287.JPG

I agree with you ,as a stock feed very little feed value ,if any ,I would say it would be for bio fuel ,the above tool,we use to call them acrobats, puts  the sugarcane tops into rows , ready for the baler to bale .

13 minutes ago, kickstart said:

I agree with you ,as a stock feed very little feed value ,if any ,I would say it would be for bio fuel ,the above tool,we use to call them acrobats, puts  the sugarcane tops into rows , ready for the baler to bale .

I've done a lot of this in Australia but only square bales and even carting bales during hay season for years after going back to Perth to look after my mother.

5 hours ago, Ron19 said:

I've done a lot of this in Australia but only square bales and even carting bales during hay season for years after going back to Perth to look after my mother.

Carting bales used to be a great fundraiser for country cricket clubs.

That rake looks Thai made,was there a name on it Ron.

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Carting bales used to be a great fundraiser for country cricket clubs.

That rake looks Thai made,was there a name on it Ron.

I'm sorry I didn't notice and I think they would be gone by now. 

Looks like they came from outside this area as they were camping on site.

10 hours ago, farmerjo said:

My bet would be it's off to the mills where livestock pellet feed is made.

As a substiute for straw. 

Can not see it  , will a feed mill have the kit to grind up all that straw.

The  DLD,Thai Department of Livestock, are supposed to analyze all feed from a feed mill , checking manly for protein and ash, ash  being the crap in a feed ,all feed has ash in ,I think there  is an upper limit.in any ration.

If they used cane straw .they would be a lot ash ,also feed mill would have to put in other more expensive  raw ingredients, in a ration to get the protein up to standard ,I know a feed mill near us has used  ground maize husks in a    feed ration , cheap sauce  raw ingredients

Still say  bio fule.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, cobbler said:

3. What is the profir per rai for sticky rice and jasmine rice please. Average is fine thanks.

Ive been trying to find this imformation for a while so im very happy to see somebody doing Jasmine and sticky rice.
Cheers Cobbler

Hi everyone. Long time no see. :-)  Glad to be able to answer one question, there Cobbler:

About ฿ 3000/rai profit on sticky rice and double that for  jasmine( Khao Hom Mali )

Archived