Abhisit, Suthep To Sue Top D S I Officials Next Week

webfact

It beggars belief that you can sue a leader of a government, while the country is under emergency powers, this situation should not have got to the stage that it did, me thinks Abhisit was too kind and generous to that crowd of illiterate morons, try that trick in some of our more so called advanced societies and see how far you get,no, Abhisit you were to darn soft, betcha ya don't do that again , if there ever is a re-run, you have my support.bah.gif

More advanced societies would not have been shooting their own people with live ammunition. Maybe rubber bullets and tear gas as the 'advanced' society did in N Ireland. But to turn your army loose on civilians with real bullets surely is a criminal and filthy low act. Of course Khun Suthep and his "yes" man AV won't see it this way.

Oldsailor35, a pity you spent so much time at sea, instead of on land. You clearly know absolutely nothing about Northern Ireland, so don't try and portray it as though you do. Your posts are always of a baiting nature as your penultimate sentence displays.

• Like 2

It beggars belief that you can sue a leader of a government, while the country is under emergency powers, this situation should not have got to the stage that it did, me thinks Abhisit was too kind and generous to that crowd of illiterate morons, try that trick in some of our more so called advanced societies and see how far you get,no, Abhisit you were to darn soft, betcha ya don't do that again , if there ever is a re-run, you have my support.bah.gif

More advanced societies would not have been shooting their own people with live ammunition. Maybe rubber bullets and tear gas as the 'advanced' society did in N Ireland. But to turn your army loose on civilians with real bullets surely is a criminal and filthy low act. Of course Khun Suthep and his "yes" man AV won't see it this way.

So you are saying, if you are taking live fire from an armed mob, you would return fire with only rubber bullets? Assuming you are from an advanced society of course.

Northern Ireland is a very different scenario. However, I don't recall any former British PMs being charged with murder or assault as a result of any miltary action there.

Had the Thai government ordered all the protestors shot, then that would have been very Stalinistic (he was never prosecuted either).

However, it is also silly to expect soldiers to allow terrorists to shoot them, and innocent bystanders in order to provoke certain situations and do nothing.

Most countries' police forces would respond with live amunition against snipers rather than rely on rubber bullets and tear gas alone.

• Like 1

This is just an example of why the government is useless. They spend all their time thinking up frivolous lawsuits and have no time to do their jobs. Maybe it's a good thing that they have something to keep them busy. That way they won't make more of a mess than they already have ??????????????

Abhisit et al should now start to really apply some pressure to these lackies, get after them while they still have their tails well and truly between their legs. Wonder how long before we hear from the fugitive mouthing off in their defence, "they were only doing their job, it had nothing to be with me - bla bla bla"

I cant understand how anyone believes that Abhisit is some political heavyweight ( 'get after them'). Hes only a lightweight lackey who took orders from someone above!!!!!!!

Edited by backtonormal
  • Like 1

So you are saying, if you are taking live fire from an armed mob, you would return fire with only rubber bullets? Assuming you are from an advanced society of course.

Shooting people in the emergency services with snipers is murder. Who gave those orders.

• Like 2

Northern Ireland is a very different scenario. However, I don't recall any former British PMs being charged with murder or assault as a result of any miltary action there.

Had the Thai government ordered all the protestors shot, then that would have been very Stalinistic (he was never prosecuted either).

However, it is also silly to expect soldiers to allow terrorists to shoot them, and innocent bystanders in order to provoke certain situations and do nothing.

Most countries' police forces would respond with live amunition against snipers rather than rely on rubber bullets and tear gas alone.

Theres that old chestnut again. Please enlighten me as to who the innocent bystanders were.

Edited by backtonormal

Abhisit et al should now start to really apply some pressure to these lackies, get after them while they still have their tails well and truly between their legs. Wonder how long before we hear from the fugitive mouthing off in their defence, "they were only doing their job, it had nothing to be with me - bla bla bla"

I cant understand how anyone believes that Abhisit is some political heavyweight ( 'get after them'). Hes only a lightweight lackey who took orders from someone above!!!!!!!

You have the name wrong its Yingluck. And its takes not took.

Thaksin thinks etc

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 1

Shooting people in the emergency services with snipers is murder. Who gave those orders.

I assume you are talking about the shots fired into the temple.

The first question must be :

Who fired the shots?

Please post your ideas and proof.

Theres that old chestnut again. Please enlighten me as to who the innocent bystanders were.

French media?

Abhisit to sue DSI chief, three others over murder charges

Prapasri Osathanon

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday said he would sue Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tarit Pengdith and three others next week for pressing murder charges against him and former deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban, in relation to the military crackdown on red-shirt protesters in May 2010.

Abhisit claimed Tarit and investigators had tried to twist facts and intentionally keep the investigation under DSI authority, when the case should have been part of the Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission's probe. Abhisit said the actions of Tarit and the three others were an abuse of authority and a violation of articles 157 and 200 of the criminal code. Abhisit warned of more lawsuits to follow if Tarit continued to act under political orders.

Abhisit also commented on the DSI's probe into Democrat Party procedure for collection of campaign funds for the Bangkok gubernatorial election, saying that he thought the decision to postpone laying charges against Democrat candidate Sukhumbhand Paribatra until after the election was appropriate and more realistic.

But he said the repeated summonsing of MPs for questioning by the DSI had interrupted the lawmakers' work, and said he would today ask the DSI to review its duties and working standards. He said he suspected these moves concealed a hidden political agenda against himself and Sukhumbhand. Abhisit said the 44 Democrat MPs concerned would ask Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, as the Special Case Committee chair, to take the DSI off the case, as it should be a part of the Election Commission (EC)'s probe. Former senator Reungkrai Leekijwatana, who filed the donation-case charges, said he had submitted a letter asking Yingluck to let the DSI continue the probe, because the money donated should have been in the form of banknotes or cheques, rather than wired to the party.

He said the DSI should continue to investigate whether the law had been broken, in which case the EC could then proceed to dissolve the party. He said he was concerned that the EC would move as slowly as it did in its probe into the East Water Co's wired-money donation to the Democrat Party, so the case should be handled by the DSI.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-18

So you agree that he wasn't responsible for the orders to shoot demonstrators in 2010. I'm sure he'll be glad of your support.

As for being a lightweight, that's debatable. His main problem seems to be the party he's a member of which has a problem in winning elections. If he were given the backing to change things that might change.

He's obviously too heavyweight for the current PM as she's scared to debate with him. Not that you can blame her as he's a politician who's stood in elections before he became a party list MP. Yingluck isn't really in the same league as she's never stood in an election and her only experience that relates to her current job as far as I can see is that she got her last job through her brother as well.

It remains to be seen if she can stand up to him and work for the country instead. At the moment she's only a lightweight pretty lackey who takes orders from someone above.

• Like 1